Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm concerned about this "medical condition" she has, that requires a doctor's care, and that she doesn't have her medicine with her (as per the first post).

Also, if she wanted to take off for whatever reason, why call her work to inform them she was running late, implying that she was on her way. That, and not taking her meds with her.

Police must know what the medical condition is, I'd think her mom would have told them. Chrissy is listed as "endangered". But obviously that cannot be disclosed publicly due to HIPAA.

If it's something like bi polar disorder, she may have had a crisis. Reminds me of a colleague who walked out of our office one day, and vanished for 3 weeks, eventually found more than 100 miles away and who remembered nothing.

I hope she is found...safe.

I think she reached a moment of absolute stress and felt she had to get away. New job, kids, relationship changes, existing medical condition — I feel tremendous empathy for her. Hope she is found safely and soon.

I think she reached a moment of absolute stress and felt she had to get away. New job, kids, relationship changes, existing medical condition — I feel tremendous empathy for her. Hope she is found safely and soon.
That is my hope too. That she was getting ready for work but, at a point, decided she was too late. New job, already late, recipe for firing. So she got in her car (or was in the car) and just kept going.

Always worth noting, however, any time a woman tries to leave a relationship (for the first or fifth time), that can be a dangerous time.

I'll remain hopeful she's somewhere relatively safe and will come forward when she's ready.

Sometimes we get safe endings. Maybe this will be one of them.

JMO

Last edited:
I would tend to agree that perhaps she was overwhelmed (new job, the kids, the medical condition, relationship issues, etc) but her call to work saying I am running late and on my way bothers me. Why make that call if you plan to disappear? I have a bad feeling here. Hoping I am wrong but my hink meter is way up. I hope the past and present romantic relationships angle is being looked at thoroughly. Can't say more than that at this point. will sit on hands and wait for news.
-----------------
July 5 was a Tuesday. The Sunday before - July 3 - Ms Powell and her ex/father of her three-year-old child argued over text, Ms Mobley said.

The concerned mom said she didn't know what the argument was about, but it wasn't usual for the couple.

They have had "an on and off again relationship" and "argue like cats and dogs," Ms Mobley said.

When asked if she thinks the ex could've hurt her daughter, Ms Mobley said: "I don't think so. He works from home and stays to himself."

She said she spoke to him, and he spoke to police since the missing person report was filed.
[snip]
When Ms Powell left for work, she forgot her phone at home, her mom said, but that could've been because she was rushing.

"What's most concerning" is nothing was taken from her bank account, her mom said.

Ms Mobley was able to access her daughter's bank account from the phone she left behind.

"It's unusual for her to leave her phone," Ms Mobley said. "But worries me is no money was taken from her account.

"If she did want to get away or go somewhere, she would be using money."
Chilling text reveals mom had argument before strange disappearance

Powell is the mother of two boys, ages three and 12.

Bexar County Records show that she was married at least once, in 2013, but her current marital status and custody arrangements for the two boys weren't immediately clear.

In 2018, Powell posted a photo of herself and her oldest son on Facebook with a banner promoting domestic violence awareness.
[snip]
The route from her home to her workplace, near I-10 and Vance Jackson Road, covers roughly 7 miles and take about 15 minutes to drive.
Texas cops took 3 days to list mom, 39, as missing, her mother says

This was a brand new job? And someone from brand new job drove to her house to check on her? I guess we have to wait for more information to come out to get some context.
This initially rose some flags for me as well, but the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense. For one, they knew she was intending on coming to work because she had made direct contact with them earlier to say she was on her way but running late, so they certainly had reason to expect her and then become especially concerned when she didn’t show up. Additionally, since it was a new job, they likely didn’t have a close relationship with Chrissy yet so did not have a way to contact a family member to ask about her well-being. I know for most jobs it’s common to list an emergency contact as part of employment paperwork, but I have had two specific instances in my professional life where we’ve needed to contact family members of coworkers, and the emergency contact info is kept with management/HR, who weren’t available at the time we needed them to access info (after hours/weekends). Flawed system-yes- but this is a possible explanation for why it may have been the easiest (or even the only available) option for a co-worker to go to her home to check in on her.

Note the purple "awareness" sticker on her profile picture.
Good eye Flamingo Lady! I totally missed that. That could be concerning, yet I do know of several women in quite happy, peaceful relationships that advocate and volunteer for/with domestic violence groups as a way to give back to and support other women.

I would tend to agree that perhaps she was overwhelmed (new job, the kids, the medical condition, relationship issues, etc) but her call to work saying I am running late and on my way bothers me. Why make that call if you plan to disappear? I have a bad feeling here. Hoping I am wrong but my hink meter is way up. I hope the past and present romantic relationships angle is being looked at thoroughly. Can't say more than that at this point. will sit on hands and wait for news.
-----------------
July 5 was a Tuesday. The Sunday before - July 3 - Ms Powell and her ex/father of her three-year-old child argued over text, Ms Mobley said.

The concerned mom said she didn't know what the argument was about, but it wasn't usual for the couple.

They have had "an on and off again relationship" and "argue like cats and dogs," Ms Mobley said.

When asked if she thinks the ex could've hurt her daughter, Ms Mobley said: "I don't think so. He works from home and stays to himself."

She said she spoke to him, and he spoke to police since the missing person report was filed.
[snip]
When Ms Powell left for work, she forgot her phone at home, her mom said, but that could've been because she was rushing.

"What's most concerning" is nothing was taken from her bank account, her mom said.

Ms Mobley was able to access her daughter's bank account from the phone she left behind.

"It's unusual for her to leave her phone," Ms Mobley said. "But worries me is no money was taken from her account.

"If she did want to get away or go somewhere, she would be using money."
Chilling text reveals mom had argument before strange disappearance

Powell is the mother of two boys, ages three and 12.

Bexar County Records show that she was married at least once, in 2013, but her current marital status and custody arrangements for the two boys weren't immediately clear.

In 2018, Powell posted a photo of herself and her oldest son on Facebook with a banner promoting domestic violence awareness.
[snip]
The route from her home to her workplace, near I-10 and Vance Jackson Road, covers roughly 7 miles and take about 15 minutes to drive.
Texas cops took 3 days to list mom, 39, as missing, her mother says
We are having a dangerous to health heat wave in Texas. Why did she leave home in a long-sleeved black shirt? Very small detail, I realize, but it caught my attention.

I am also concerned for her safety and welfare because multiple stressors & mental health issues are red flags in any disappearance.

I hope she is not in danger.

Come home, Chrissie.

wondering what information led them to believe this:

The San Antonio Police Department is looking for a missing endangered adult, Christina Lee Powell, 39 years old, who has diagnosed medical conditions that require a doctor’s care. SAPD has received information that she might be in the Kerrville area. She has blond hair and brown eyes, and is described as being about 5’2” tall and about 120 lbs. She is believed to be driving a black 2020 Nissan Rogue, with Texas tag PYJ 8564. If you have seen or may know the whereabouts of Christina Powell, please contact the San Antonio Police Department’s Missing Persons Unit at (210) 207-7660.
Christina ‘Chrissy’ Powell Missing in Texas: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

When asked if she noticed anything unusual about her daughter's behavior that morning, Mobley said her daughter does not usually leave in such a rush, but noted: "I felt like she was going, I believed she was going to work — and I think she felt like she was going to work."
Police searching for missing Texas mom Christina Powell, last seen rushing from home: 'My wonderful Chrissy'

Yes. How have they come up with that conclusion? What's in Kerrville? Does she have friends there?

"I felt like she was going, I believed she was going to work — and I think she felt like she was going to work."

Maybe it's just me but that just sounds...weird. The way it's worded.

Yes. How have they come up with that conclusion? What's in Kerrville? Does she have friends there?

"I felt like she was going, I believed she was going to work — and I think she felt like she was going to work."

I thought this was a really odd way to say that as well, @JurassicParker Struck me as off the first time I read it. Why would Chrissy need to “feel like she was going to work“? Nothing nefarious but it feels to me almost like a comment on Chrissy‘s state of mind at that time? All curiosity and speculation and MOO

BBM it is odd, I suspect that quote was a response to a question that we weren't provided verbatim. It's possible that she was asked something along the lines of "did she appear to be headed to work? or is it possible she left for some unknown reason, for another destination?"

I don't know, I just really hope she is found safe :(

ETA, mom's wording is odd but I think her intent was to relay that from her own perspective, nothing seemed off to indicate that Chrissy didn't intend to do just what she had told her mother. Go to work.

The mother is likely saying that she doesn't believe that CP had alternative plans at the time of leaving home. She could have changed her plans later or circumstances forced her to. The trip to work was supposed to be short though. I wonder if she was prone to having medical episodes, getting lost, etc., which could take her out of the area.

We are having a dangerous to health heat wave in Texas. Why did she leave home in a long-sleeved black shirt? Very small detail, I realize, but it caught my attention.

I am also concerned for her safety and welfare because multiple stressors & mental health issues are red flags in any disappearance.

I hope she is not in danger.

Come home, Chrissie.
She works in an air conditioned office and most likely spends most of her time in front of the computer.
It can get chilly, especially if you're not moving around.

I thought this was a really odd way to say that as well, @JurassicParker Struck me as off the first time I read it. Why would Chrissy need to “feel like she was going to work“? Nothing nefarious but it feels to me almost like a comment on Chrissy‘s state of mind at that time? All curiosity and speculation and MOO
With the mention of a medical condition and no specifics, my first thought was her state of mind as well. I have no idea if she drinks alcohol or what kind of medications she takes but with it being a holiday weekend maybe she did partake in some beverages and there was a bad reaction with the mixing of both. We know alcohol should not be consumed while on most medications. It makes them null and void. Maybe she wasn't her usual self. In her rushed state of mind she was going to work but maybe she had a lot of other thoughts rolling through her mind too. Also JMO and speculation.

“Loved ones told Fox News Digital Powell kept a low profile on the July 4th holiday. That Monday marked one year since Powell’s 3-year-old son began living with his father instead of Powell, said her mother, Claudia Mobley.

"We didn’t do anything, because a year ago, July 4, was when she had … when her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend walked out and took the baby," Mobley told Fox News Digital. "So, it was kind of a bad anniversary." …

(Attorney at firm where she works-)
“He described how one of his colleagues called Powell on the morning of July 5 when she did not arrive on time for work. He heard from the colleague, a woman, that Powell answered the phone and said, in sum and substance, that "it was the July 4th weekend, and she had overslept, but was on her way to work." …

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shipslady
Back