Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the latest Fox News article linked in previous posts, she had only been at her new job (Sanchez and Wilson law firm) since June 27, but was already offered a permanent position on July 1 and accepted it. She impressed with her punctuality and hard work. So work-wise she was in a good spot.
This has me wondering if she thought maybe it would look better to go missing, then her work would be more worried than mad at her. But just my opinion.

Last edited:
It wouldn't have been as hot that early in the morning though, right? I've never been to Texas. I could be wrong because I'm sure it's a fairly oppressive heat.
Yes, it absolutely would be that hot that early in the morning. The temps dont even drop below 80 degrees at night. Add in the humidity which is ridiculous and you've got a sauna almost 24/7. When I head for lunch at 11 am the "Feels like" temp is already to 100 degrees. It's been hotter than usual this summer.

Chilling text reveals mom Chrissy Powell had argument before vanishing - leaving family 'worried sick', mom reveals | The US Sun (the-sun.com)
She was running late for her paralegal job that she just started about a week ago, her mom Claudia Mobley told The Sun on Wednesday, and she left her phone behind.

The drive is about "20 minutes tops" through a busy area surrounded by businesses and interstates, her worried mom said.

By about 1.30pm, one of her coworkers came by their house to check on Ms Powell and told her mom that she never made it to work.

"I’m worried sick," Ms Mobley said. "I love her, and I miss her and wish she would come home."

July 5 was a Tuesday. The Sunday before - July 3 - Ms Powell and her ex/father of her three-year-old child argued over text, Ms Mobley said.

The concerned mom said she didn't know what the argument was about, but it wasn't usual for the couple.

They have had "an on and off again relationship" and "argue like cats and dogs," Ms Mobley said.

When asked if she thinks the ex could've hurt her daughter, Ms Mobley said: "I don't think so. He works from home and stays to himself."

She said she spoke to him, and he spoke to police since the missing person report was filed.

"What's most concerning" is nothing was taken from her bank account, her mom said.

Ms Mobley was able to access her daughter's bank account from the phone she left behind.

"It's unusual for her to leave her phone," Ms Mobley said. "But worries me is no money was taken from her account.

"If she did want to get away or go somewhere, she would be using money."

Facebook - post asking for info

(4) Facebook - the aware foundation

***MISSING*** The San Antonio Police Department Missing Persons Unit is attempting to locate a missing 39-year-old woman. Chrissy Powell was last seen leaving her house in the Apple Creek neighborhood in San Antonio, TX at 10:34 a.m. on July 5th, 2022. According to her family, she was running late for work. She called the law firm she works for and let them know she was on her way. She was rushing and left her phone at home. Chrissy never made it to work and hasn’t been seen or heard from since. Chrissy has a medical condition that requires medication that she does not have with her. She drives a black 2020 Nissan Rouge with license plate: PYJ 8564. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the SAPD Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660.

293161580_377589591145837_8501290927779487163_n.jpg

Just saw her mom said she's disappeared before. She said she was gone for "days, but not a week."
Missing Texas mom Christina Powell: What we know about the San Antonio paralegal missing over a week
After reading this, I strongly feel that she left of her own volition. Hard to ask questions without appearing to be judgmental, and I promise you I am not, but some of her past history has me wondering if her medication is for a mental condition.

1) Her baby's daddy took the baby and left a year ago, on July 4. Did he go to court and seek legal custody, or did she just let him go and not fight him on it? She has at least one ex-husband, and possibly 2, in addition to this ex. Does she have only bad history in relationships?

2) She had left before, but for days and not weeks, according to her mother, but she was apparently with a boyfriend, so her mom didn't worry so much. But she has an older child. Where was that child when she left?

3) She had only been at this job since June 27, but employer was impressed with her performance and offered her permanent employment, which she accepted. What was her work history? Had she had trouble holding jobs in the past, or did she often quit jobs? After being offered a permanent job, did she decide she didn't want that responsibility? After being called by her employer and saying she overslept and was on her way to work, did she just decide that she didn't want to go and perhaps face a new boss who probably stressed the importance of punctuality?

As I said earlier, she appeared wobbly to me when leaving the house to supposedly go to work. The fact that she left her phone and Apple watch behind does not strike me as intentional, but as completely distracted when she left. Was she perhaps on, or off of some medication?

Maybe the remembrance of the holiday brought sadness and if she was perhaps already struggling with depression or other mental issues, perhaps she just felt the need to get away. I hope that she will be found safely soon. JMO

Last edited:
Bexar County Records show that she was married at least once, in 2013, but her current marital status and custody arrangements for the two boys weren't immediately clear.

In 2018, Powell posted a photo of herself and her oldest son on Facebook with a banner promoting domestic violence awareness.

Powell's mother stated that her daughter and the ex saw each other frequently, maybe once a week.
I'm wondering if the ex didn't allow CP to take the 4-year old to her home for visitation?
Did she have to go to the ex's house to see her 4-year old?
Just my opinion and speculation.

Just realized the purple ribbon she has displayed on her profile picture indicates she is a survivor of domestic violence. Red flag there. I hope she just took off to clear her head and will be back to her precious boys and her mama, soon.

Who knows what time she is supposed to be at work. Maybe she has a insomnia and takes a sleep aid. Maybe she just slept harder than normal that night. Maybe she had some drinks. Not important since she didn't die in her sleep. As a paralegal she needs to be professional and presentable so she probably had to shower, do her hair, put on makeup, etc. That could be the reason she was so late. There are no lakes or anything on her route to work is there? Maybe she was speeding, lost control of her vehicle and she's in the woods somewhere. The fact that she left her phone at home when she was rushing around doesn't strike me as strange. I sometimes forget my phone and I'm not even in a hurry. It's unfortunate that she did leave it behind as they have no way to ping and track her last movements. Does her car have some form of tracking in it?

I have to disagree - it is odd to be heading to work for a law firm at 10:30 am, and in this day and age it is very odd for someone to leave their phone. Maybe she had a rough night and couldn't find it. I wonder how she contact the law firm.

I have to disagree - it is odd to be heading to work for a law firm at 10:30 am, and in this day and age it is very odd for someone to leave their phone. Maybe she had a rough night and couldn't find it. I wonder how she contact the law firm.
I believe her phone was on her bathroom counter where she got ready for work. A coworker called her and she answered it and explained that she was going to be late. More information has been released and posted in this thread. We dont know specifics but if she suffered from a mental health issue then being scatterbrained isnt out of the realm of possibility. She was in a hurry. She clearly had a lot on mind considering the anniversary. She forgot her phone. It absolutely does happen.

You are right; not all jobs have strict 9-5 schedule, but she is a paralegal, and most law offices are open the usual hours, and attorneys work even longer hours, IME. As I mentioned, it was one of many questions I had.
I agree with you NervousNellie. 10:30 isn't "running late"....it is being detained by a pressing matter. Unless, of course, "running late" (very late), is usual for her?

Amateur opinion and speculation

In the business world, especially a professional office - 8:30 is late, after 9 there better be a good excuse. 22 years in the legal and accounting world tells me that. If I have an employee later than 9 and I haven't heard anything I'm calling. If she or he says they are running late when I call, I expect to hear why and see them promptly. Just the way we operate. Monday through Thursday we are 8-5, Fridays are different but still start at 8 or as close to it as possible.

I would definitely check her usual route to work and look for areas where she may have driven into the water or driven into an area where her car can't easily be seen. For example: a heavily wooded median, a forested area, a ravine, a ditch etc... As stated above she may have been searching for her phone and had an accident.

It seems impossible but there was a case last year on long island where someone drove into the wooded area on a freeway exit and it hid his car for a few days.
I agree with your suggestion. ATM, after skimming the thread, this would be my first speculation as well. She's off-road. Her route should be traced and any concealed off-road areas should be carefully searched. Since she was running late, perhaps she was putting on makeup while driving, or something similar.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I wonder if her mother was awake and noticed that she had not left for work by the time 10a rolled around

Also, June 27-July 1 is quite a quick time frame to take such an impression and make a more permanent offer. The employer may just be trying to say positive things in the media since this is a worrisome situation. It may also be that many businesses are short of staff and she had made a good impression in those short days, so they wanted to make sure they could retain her.
I suppose my work experiences may skew my thoughts on this, as many employees are on especially good behavior in the first few days.

*My opinions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back