Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So true. I've been in a bad depressive spiral for the past 2 years, and it takes everything in me just to leave the apartment these days. And people will say, "Oh come on! Just get out there!" It's laughable. I've spent time in the psych ward 5 times due to severe anxiety & depression. I am praying for Chrissy's soul and her family. Depression really is no joke.

If her fate is what I think it is, I've almost done the same thing a handful of times (hop in car, find somewhere to hide, phone turned off, etc). There are places and people who will help you if you ever feel this way. Suicide is the final symptom of depression which is why it's so important not to brush it off as "it's not that bad" because waiting for it to indeed get "bad" can have very serious, permanent consequences. :( (and yes, this is do-as-i-say-not-as-i-do lol)
Thinking of you. The sun can be shining bright in a beautiful blue sky and it can be difficult to get out of bed and just brush your hair and teeth.
JMO

Such kindness. Thank you so much. It really does mean a lot to me.
I am not trying to blame everything on COVID but I do believe that we are seeing more and more impacts from the lockdown and the fear of getting it, especially with the first wave and dire predictions and warnings. If anyone has had a tendancy to be reclusive and withdrawn COVID has certainly assisted. I know I have a family member that has yet to check back into life, he's withdrawn from everything. Thankfully he's now getting professional help. If Chrissy wasn't working during that time and just started back with a full time job, I can see how stressful that could be.

Thank you for sharing! And thank goodness we can reach others through a keyboard, many times that's more comfortable!

So true. I've been in a bad depressive spiral for the past 2 years, and it takes everything in me just to leave the apartment these days. And people will say, "Oh come on! Just get out there!" It's laughable. I've spent time in the psych ward 5 times due to severe anxiety & depression. I am praying for Chrissy's soul and her family. Depression really is no joke.

If her fate is what I think it is, I've almost done the same thing a handful of times (hop in car, find somewhere to hide, phone turned off, etc). There are places and people who will help you if you ever feel this way. Suicide is the final symptom of depression which is why it's so important not to brush it off as "it's not that bad" because waiting for it to indeed get "bad" can have very serious, permanent consequences. :( (and yes, this is do-as-i-say-not-as-i-do lol)

Hugs. You can fight through it. Hang in there. We care.

I care about every one of you.

I wonder if Inside Edition took great liberty in interpreting the public information that we currently have from LE, as they state that Chrissy's death was a suicide, and that her car had been parked in the same spot for the entire time she went missing. I don't think any of this has been confirmed yet by LE.

I wonder if Inside Edition took great liberty in interpreting the public information that we currently have from LE, as they state that Chrissy's death was a suicide, and that her car had been parked in the same spot for the entire time she went missing. I don't think any of this has been confirmed yet by LE.
I noticed the 18 days remark in the summary. I was wondering when that was determined because I hadn’t read it that way:

A missing Texas mother was found dead inside her car in a shopping mall parking lot. Video captures 39-year-old Chrissy Powell's last moments alive before she drove to a shopping mall, four miles from her home in San Antonio. The car reportedly sat for 18 days in temperatures that reached 100 degrees in the parking lot. Powell was finally discovered by a mall security guard with her body slumped over in the passenger seat. She died of an apparent suicide.

Has to be so painful for her loved ones to keep reading this and imagining all the scenarios. I really wish it could go away for them. I wonder when they will have her remains so they can lay her to rest?

Could she have possibly have left her family a note? All JMO

I am not trying to blame everything on COVID but I do believe that we are seeing more and more impacts from the lockdown and the fear of getting it, especially with the first wave and dire predictions and warnings. If anyone has had a tendancy to be reclusive and withdrawn COVID has certainly assisted. I know I have a family member that has yet to check back into life, he's withdrawn from everything. Thankfully he's now getting professional help. If Chrissy wasn't working during that time and just started back with a full time job, I can see how stressful that could be.

Thank you for sharing! And thank goodness we can reach others through a keyboard, many times that's more comfortable!
It is tough out there! And it is hard to hang in there sometimes. Life is complicated. And exhausting lol. Introvert in me talking. We will see what happened to Chrissy, but agree with others that it looks … sad. How bad could it have been to resort to this? Can’t really look at it that way. Hard to explain. Love to everyone who is feeling low for whatever reasons. I’ll stop rambling…

I noticed the 18 days remark in the summary. I was wondering when that was determined because I hadn’t read it that way:

A missing Texas mother was found dead inside her car in a shopping mall parking lot. Video captures 39-year-old Chrissy Powell's last moments alive before she drove to a shopping mall, four miles from her home in San Antonio. The car reportedly sat for 18 days in temperatures that reached 100 degrees in the parking lot. Powell was finally discovered by a mall security guard with her body slumped over in the passenger seat. She died of an apparent suicide.
I wonder why she would have called work to say that she was on her way in, though. It seems like there would have been a chance they would have taken action pretty quickly when she didn't show up in the time it would take her to commute, and she would not have had time to complete the act, right? Why take that chance? And parking in such a public place doesn't fit for me either. But maybe she was ambivalent until she wasn't. It's sad.

I wonder why she would have called work to say that she was on her way in, though. It seems like there would have been a chance they would have taken action pretty quickly when she didn't show up in the time it would take her to commute, and she would not have had time to complete the act, right? Why take that chance? And parking in such a public place doesn't fit for me either. But maybe she was ambivalent until she wasn't. It's sad.
IMO, CP contacted her employer to buy herself some time given she lived with her mother and was leaving her communications devices behind including her phone and iPWatch at her shared residence.

I understand that regardless of the call-in to work, a co-worker eventually traveled to her residence where she only found CP's mother. MOO

Last edited:
I know there have been conflicting media reports on this, but Fox reported it was the employer that called Chrissy.

Sanchez described how one of his colleagues called Powell on the morning of July 5 when she did not arrive on time for work. He heard from the colleague, a woman, that Powell answered the phone and said, in sum and substance, that "it was the July 4th weekend, and she had overslept, but was on her way to work."

Now may be a good time to remind everyone that 988 is the official national suicide lifeline. It is also a crisis lifeline for anyone who needs to hear a voice or be led to other needed services.

We may also text 988 for help.

No matter what problems you’re dealing with, whether or not you’re thinking about suicide, if you need someone to lean on for emotional support, call the Lifeline.

Talk To Someone Now

I do not know what happened to Chrissy Powell. I wish she could have texted 988.

For those who may be suicidal:
Is suicide something people spend a lot of time thinking about? I've been down and out but there's always the promise of tomorrow; the hope for a beautiful day. Faith, promise, hope, and love are gifts we give ourselves.

The Truth About Toxicology Tests

Been following along since beginning.

I realize you all feel suicide but I am not sold yet.

Also about the toxicology reports, my daughter's fiance unexpectedly passed away and YES, it was 8-9 months before we got Autopsy and Toxicology reports.
(I am not in Texas, though) ***

Been following along since beginning.

I realize you all feel suicide but I am not sold yet.

Also about the toxicology reports, my daughter's fiance unexpectedly passed away and YES, it was 8-9 months before we got Autopsy and Toxicology reports.
(I am not in Texas, though) ***
I'm sorry for your loss @Spartygirl.

In the past week, I've referenced not less than 7 different CA counties for an unrelated matter and each makes reference to the final autopsy and toxicology available in 4-6 months. *Fine print details the exceptions for a longer wait.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation
Back