GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
L.P. Phillips
1m
L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips
#BREAKING Capt: Christina Morris profile was a match to Arochi trunk DNA profile . #arochitrial
Alice Barr
1m
Alice Barr‏ @AliceBarrNBC5
Found there was "overlap" from DNA profile from trunk mat & profile from #ChristinaMorris' parents #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW
Plano Star Courier
1m
Plano Star Courier‏ @planonewspaper
Capt says there is "overlap" between the DNA found on the trunk mat with Morris's; the DNA matches. #arochitrial
Hannah VanHuss Davis
2m
Hannah VanHuss Davis‏ @hannahdinhd
DNA expert says DNA samples from trunk matched #christinamorris' DNA taken from bio parents & soda can #arochitrial
Hannah VanHuss Davis‏ @hannahdinhdDNA expert says she pulled 2 DNA samples from top of trunk mat #arochitrial #christinamorris

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd 3m3 minutes ago
Carpeting from Arochi's trunk mat in the courtroom to aid in testimony #arochitrial #christinamorris

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 3m3 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Capt: initial swabs didn't match. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Capt testifies she got DNA profiles from the 2 swabs taken from the top of the trunk mat from Camaro #arochitrial

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd 2m2 minutes ago
DNA expert says she pulled 2 DNA samples from top of trunk mat #arochitrial #christinamorris

Capt: did a DNA extraction and got a profile from two samples from the top side of the mat. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 3m3 minutes ago
Capt then took 4 swabs of areas from top & bottom of trunk mat previously marked by @PlanoPoliceDept criminalists #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 3m3 minutes ago
Capt points out where on the trunk mat she took samples #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 2m2 minutes ago
Capt then tested mat in trunk of Arochi's car for blood & performed DNA extraction. Was able to find a DNA profile #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Capt: got DNA profiles from two swabs taken from top of trunk mat. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Capt: took 4 swabs frm circled areas on mat top&back. Performed DNA extraction. Found DNA profiles for 2 samples from top@FOX4 #arochitrial

Capt: compared profiles to her samples from parents and Dr. Pepper can #arochitrial

Capt then tries to match DNA profiles found in trunk w/"known samples" from #ChristinaMorris parents & Dr Pepper can #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Capt compares to profile determined from Dr. Pepper can. Says profiles matched. #arochitrial

[video=twitter;776459075613630465]https://twitter.com/lpphillips/status/776459075613630465[/video]

Carpeting from Arochi's trunk mat in the courtroom to aid in testimony #arochitrial #christinamorris

Capt: initial swabs didn't match. #arochitrial

Capt testifies she got DNA profiles from the 2 swabs taken from the top of the trunk mat from Camaro #arochitrial

DNA expert says she pulled 2 DNA samples from top of trunk mat #arochitrial #christinamorris

Capt: did a DNA extraction and got a profile from two samples from the top side of the mat. #arochitrial

Capt then took 4 swabs of areas from top & bottom of trunk mat previously marked by @PlanoPoliceDept criminalists #arochitrial

Capt points out where on the trunk mat she took samples #arochitrial

Capt then tested mat in trunk of Arochi's car for blood & performed DNA extraction. Was able to find a DNA profile #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Capt: got DNA profiles from two swabs taken from top of trunk mat. #arochitrial

Capt: took 4 swabs frm circled areas on mat top&back. Performed DNA extraction. Found DNA profiles for 2 samples from top@FOX4 #arochitrial

Capt: compared profiles to her samples from parents and Dr. Pepper can #arochitrial

Capt then tries to match DNA profiles found in trunk w/"known samples" from #ChristinaMorris parents & Dr Pepper can #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Capt compares to profile determined from Dr. Pepper can. Says profiles matched. #arochitrial

I'm getting a bit confused but am I right to think this is our smoking gun at last?

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 3m3 minutes ago
Found there was "overlap" from DNA profile from trunk mat & profile from #ChristinaMorris' parents #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Capt says there is "overlap" between the DNA found on the trunk mat with Morris's; the DNA matches. #arochitrial

DNA expert says DNA samples from trunk matched #christinamorris' DNA taken from bio parents & soda can #arochitrial

#BREAKING Capt: Christina Morris profile was a match to Arochi trunk DNA profile . #arochitrialScott Sidway

‏@ScottyWK 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
On second swab: major DNA contributor female, one minor male, one unknown. Female matched Dr. pepper DNA as well. #ArochiTrial

Capt: compared DNA profile from mat with profile for Morris & matched @FOX4 #arochitrial

NEW: DNA profile found on Dr Pepper can in Morris' car was a match to DNA profile found on trunk mat in Arochi's car #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Capt testified she compared DNA profile from 2nd trunk mat swab to Morris' DNA profile from Dr Pepper can, also a match #arochitrial

Capt: 15 locations matched. Christina morris could not be excluded as contributor from other swabs #arochitrial

I think Detective Stamm's testimony is being taken out of context at this point, IMO. She testified that she absolutely believes that Enrique killed Christina. She also testified that the DNA in the trunk does not necessarily indicate injury or assault. She is using logical reasoning to opine that the amount of DNA in the trunk of the last person that saw Christina leads her to believe that she was in his trunk, not as a willing passenger, and was likely killed. No big leaps in her reasoning.

twitter.com/RossThaaaBoss/status/555756342481125376
twitter.com/vlwigg/status/555791675792965632
twitter.com/DAnglinFox4/status/555792246931329025
twitter.com/RossThaaaBoss/status/555812432845623296
I'm talking about what was said before now - before the trial. I'd have to search and find it but depending on what is said in the next little bit in the trial I will search for it. It wasn't in this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm talking about what was said before now - before the trial. I'd have to search and find it but depending on what is said in the next little bit in the trial I will search for it. It wasn't in this thread.

AFAIK, Stamm hasn't testified yet in trial. I am referring to the bond reduction hearing, which is what I linked to.

I'm getting a bit confused but am I right to think this is our smoking gun at last?
Could be. But I'm going to be the "annoying one" as usual. The question is...was it 100% without a doubt BLOOD dna? If it was blood/urine something of that nature they can say she was without a doubt in the trunk. If it was, say, vomit, defense can be ridiculous and say something like "Oh maybe EA opened his trunk to put something in while they were in the garage and she threw up in it, doesn't mean she was in there".

I realize I sound ridiculous. But while extremely rare, people have went free on more damning evidence than this.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 5m5 minutes ago
Both trunk mat swabs also compared to DNA profiles for Morris' parents -those also consistent with their biological child #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 5m5 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Capt: DNA from mat also compared to DNA from Morris parents & Morris can't be excluded. Essentially meaning a match @FOX4 #arochitrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 5m5 minutes ago McKinney, TX
This is the first witness testimony confirming DNA match between Morris (or child of parents) to Arochi's trunk mat. #ArochiTrial

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd 5m5 minutes ago
Prosecution asking ab where the DNA came from... bodily fluids v. "touch DNA" DNA transferred by touching something #arochitrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 4m4 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Capt testifying it's unlikely but possible for DNA to be found on something like a handshake. #ArochiTrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 4m4 minutes ago
Capt says third hand transfer of DNA via touch is "possible, but unlikely." #arochitrial

Capt says DNA found in trunk would likely come from bodily fluid #arochitrial

Capt: bodily fluids more concentrated with DNA than skin or "touch DNA" @FOX4 #arochitrial

Expert says DNA samples collected from trunk had 'low levels' of DNA - but they could get a full profile #arochitrial #christinamorris

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 4m4 minutes ago
DNA expert testifying about "touch" DNA vs bodily fluid, which has a higher concentration of DNA #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 4m4 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Capt: it's a low level (of DNA), but enough to get a full profile from. #arochitrial

Capt testifies amount of DNA from 2 spots of trunk mat suggests it was more likely from bodily fluids vs touch DNA #arochitrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Capt: use an FBI database. FBI revised database, fixed some numbers used on population reports, Capt revised report to reflect #arochitrial

Expert adds this isn't definitive - rather an opinion based on experience with DNA. #arochitrial #christinamorris

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago
If DNA in trunk was from touch, not bodily fluid, would need to be prolonged like wearing a shirt not likely from "brief touch" #ArochiTrial

Heather Buen, MBA‏ @DallasSingleMom
DNA match? suspense is killing me #arochiTrial

Scott Sidway‏ @ScottyWK
On second swab: major DNA contributor female, one minor male, one unknown. Female matched Dr. pepper DNA as well. #ArochiTrial

Natalie Solis‏ @Fox4Natalie
Capt: compared DNA profile from mat with profile for Morris & matched @FOX4 #arochitrial

#BREAKING Capt: Christina Morris profile was a match to Arochi trunk DNA profile . #arochitrial

Scott Sidway‏ @ScottyWK
Scott Sidway‏ @ScottyWKCapt: got DNA profiles from two swabs taken from top of trunk mat. #arochitrial

AFAIK, Stamm hasn't testified yet in trial. I am referring to the bond reduction hearing, which is what I linked to.

IIRC there was confusion about what she actually meant at the previous hearing, I guess it may have been a case of confusing reporting. I thought she's said that the amount of DNA and the conclusion that Christina was dead had a direct link but more likely you have the correcct interpretation

Could be. But I'm going to be the "annoying one" as usual. The question is...was it 100% without a doubt BLOOD dna? If it was blood/urine something of that nature they can say she was without a doubt in the trunk. If it was, say, vomit, defense can be ridiculous and say something like "Oh maybe EA opened his trunk to put something in while they were in the garage and she threw up in it, doesn't mean she was in there".

I realize I sound ridiculous. But while extremely rare, people have went free on more damning evidence than this.

I'm on pins and needles waiting to see how today goes.

Capt: hairs tested were not consistent w Morris mom -- leads to conclusion not from Christina @FOX4 #arochitrial

DNA expert says she tested some hairs that did not match #christinataylor #arochitrial

Plano police also sent hair to Capt to test, did not match Morris DNA profile. #ArochiTrial

Capt testified she also tested several hairs recovered in case; none were a match that would be consistent with Morris #arochitrial

Capt: hairs sent to lab by PPD were not from Christina Morris #arochitrial

Capt also tested hairs: Not consistent w/#ChristinaMorris’ mother, leads to conclusion they were not from Christina. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Arochi is looking down throughout DNA testimony, not much visible reaction. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 22m22 minutes ago
Capt testifies she then did presumptive test for blood on Camaro trunk mat and got no reaction #arochitrial

@vlwigg so was there or not? I hear different things.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account
‏@vlwigg
.@XXXX Yes different results. PPD results tested positive for blood. UNT test for presence of blood turned up negative #arochitrial

Likelihood DNA pulled from trunk belonged to anyone other than the child of #christinamorris' parents... is 1 in 230 billion #arochitrial

Genetic results from Arochi's trunk mat are 230 billion times more likely biological child of #ChristinaMorris parents than not #ArochiTrial

Capt: The odds are almost indisputable the DNA could match anyone else. #arochitrial

"The observed generic results are 230 billion times more likely" to be Morris than someone random, per report. #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago
#ChristinaMorris "cannot be excluded" as a contributor of the DNA from samples found in Arochi's trunk, a "very rare profile." #ArochiTrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Capt: Hair found in the car did not match Morris's mother. #arochitrial

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd 1m1 minute ago
"A quintillion is a 1 with 18 zeroes attached" DNA expert says #christinamorris' DNA is quite unique. 1 in over 1 quintillion #arochitrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
The report on the second sample says it's it's a 1 in 1.7 quintillion (1 with 18 zeroes...) unique match. Basically confirming. #ArochiTrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Capt: DNA found is 230 billion times more likely to be related to Morris parents than random person @FOX4 #arochitrial

Heather Buen, MBA‏ @DallasSingleMom
DNA match? suspense is killing me #arochiTrial

Scott Sidway‏ @ScottyWK

Natalie Solis‏ @Fox4Natalie

Scott Sidway‏ @ScottyWK
Scott Sidway‏ @ScottyWKCapt: got DNA profiles from two swabs taken from top of trunk mat. #arochitrial

BBM
So the swab had Christina's DNA, an unknown male, and another unknown person. Who is the third person????? Did anyone catch that?

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 2m2 minutes ago
That's 1 with 18 zeroes behind it, by the way. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Results:Chances that DNA profile from mat is not Morris is 1 in 1.7 quintillion among caucasian individuals #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Capt says the chances the DNA found would be random person that isn't Morris is astronomical: 1 in 1.7 quintillion #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Capt: Talking about match possibilities in the quintillions. More zeros than your average Trump worth. #arochitrial

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd 45s46 seconds ago
Defense now cross examining DNA expert #arochitrial #christinamorris

Defense now cross-examine Capt. My guess is this how awhile. #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 11m11 minutes ago
.@Preshuz1 Yes different results. PPD results tested positive for blood. UNT test for presence of blood turned up negative #arochitrial

@vlwigg how could that happen?

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account
‏@vlwigg
.@XXXX That has not yet been explained. #arochitrial

Defense asks if DNA evidence and science is evolving. Witness replied "yes." #arochitrial #christinamorris

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd 39s40 seconds ago
Defense now asking about expert's testimony that DNA came from a bodily fluid in her opinion #arochitrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966