GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect your opinion Mimi but I don't share your reasonable doubt, the fact that the Blue Star did react, even lightly, and DNA was in the sample from that reaction, tells me CM was on that trunk mat and lost bodily fluid of some nature, and most likely blood as I don't believe Blue Star reacts to saliva (without blood in it). Plus the DNA on the weatherstripping gasket proves to me she was actually inside the trunk and it could not have been transference or contamination (Fortenberry addresses this in his closing).

Along with all of his story changing and lies, the several empty bottles of cleaning fluids at his house, the post-it with associated items from that night, the phone pings of that night after leaving the parking garage, I simply have no doubt, reasonable or otherwise that EA disappeared her and did great bodily injury to her. That may not have been his intent when she first entered his car but since pings lead investigators to believe that he drove the wrong way from the garage if he were taking her home, and then drove back towards the Shops, at some point he did intend to do her harm.

If an accident occurred, such as was postulated (she didn't want to go where he was driving, jumped out of the car and he unintentionally hit her), why wouldn't he own up to that at some point, knowing he was busted? Much better to concede a terrible accident happened and stupid panic behavior afterwards (hiding her body) than to be charged with kidnapping and possible murder if and when she is found.

Just the way I see it.

BBM. The DNA in his truck is pretty damning evidence, IMO. From what I understand it wasn't found in part of the trunk that would be easy to get contaminated. She couldn't have just sneezed and her DNA got in there in the locations it was found. Besides, by his account she was never near his car... Regardless of how small the amount of DNA is, it was in there. I'd be willing to bet that they could go search his trunk for my DNA and they wouldn't find any at all... I was never near his trunk or IN his trunk. The fact that he swears she was never there but there is evidence to the contrary seals it up for me.

The sugar packet thing was really good for visual and made it seem really small. Still there!!! Just made it seem so tiny

Thanks Mimi. Respectfully, that would mean that as soon as they do an initial vote and don't agree, they are deadlocked. That is just not how I interpret the word deadlock, I guess. To me, deliberating is not deadlock. We have no idea how long they are choosing to take in 'discussion'. Sure, if they come out in 5 mins and state they cannot reach an agreement, then, ok they have been deadlocked. I just feel it is too 'early' to assume they are deadlocked. Every jury is different. There are no rules as to when they take votes, etc.

JMO [emoji854] and I still think the use of the word 'clearly' by the twitter attorney is dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) point taken. I remember him from the Missy Bevers case thread (Tricia even had him on a pod cast or maybe 2). He iirc been a Pros and is a Def and maybe (cant remb without looking FBI?) but guessing he knows more on jury statistics than mimi lol

Valerie Wigglesworth Verified account  ‏@vlwigg · 7m7 minutes ago
@XXXXX If convicted, sentencing phase begins - just like a trial with witnesses, evidence - then jury deliberates that #arochitrial

Just laughed a bit (so hard to do in this case) at the though of wouldn't it have been better to clsim she sneezed or vommitted on his car than to blame it on a boyfriend who has an alibi of an undercover cop, a mystery car, and the Aryan brotherhood???

IF HE KNEW THAT :) lol and IF he did know that hell that possible be another reason to if something else happened. The whole HF phone records that were in his mothers name that iirc Det didn't know about ? the and the same almost exact time that Busby says this happened. Gotta admit that :thinking: JMHO

Grr all these well meaning people posting stuff on #arochitrial is making hard to find media tweets lol

Valerie Wigglesworth Verified account  ‏@vlwigg · 4m4 minutes ago
.@XXXX Brother not necessarily an alibi. He wouldn't know what happened before Arochi got home #arochitrial

An amusing aside: I've been following Valerie Wigglesworth's Twitter account. Has anyone noticed that all day long, she has been answering questions from people following her on Twitter about the trial? She answers the SAME questions over and over, with considerable patience, I might add. What the heck is wrong with people? It takes a few minutes to scan her responses to other people's questions to see if your question has ALREADY been answered! But, nope, people aren't bothering to do that, just asking away like they have a UNIQUE question. :D

Really off-topic thought: We have a chocolate lab who constantly wiggles with excitement. We have dubbed him with the unofficial name of "Mr. Wiggles." I feel an unusual affinity for Valerie's last name...

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd · 16m16 minutes ago
For 11 days #christinmorris' family has been waiting at the courthouse - their wait continues 13 hours into jury deliberations #arochitrial

I have a feeling this is going to go down while I'm out at the barn for the next few hours... service is bad out there!

An amusing aside: I've been following Valerie Wigglesworth's Twitter account. Has anyone noticed that all day long, she has been answering questions from people following her on Twitter about the trial? She answers the SAME questions over and over, with considerable patience, I might add. What the heck is wrong with people? It takes a few minutes to scan her responses to other people's questions to see if your question has ALREADY been answered! But, nope, people aren't bothering to do that, just asking away like they have a UNIQUE question. :D

Really off-topic thought: We have a chocolate lab who constantly wiggles with excitement. We have dubbed him with the unofficial name of "Mr. Wiggles." I feel an unusual affinity for Valerie's last name...
Amen! Valerie is the bomb literally! She deserves a reward. I saw someone smarting off to her earlier and correcting her. What a shame meanness folks can be but Valerie handles them all very well. She must be at like 20 things on the multitasking level! I don't know how she is keeping up so well. Maybe we should all go to her employer and give Valerie a good word or two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have a wiggly chocolate too! They're the best <3

Respectfully snipped for focus.

If this was your son, and those cleaning supplies belonged to you not him -- you purchased them and you used them -- wouldn't you testify to that effect so people would know he wasn't responsible for them being in the family's household trash? I know that I would. So, why didn't anyone in his family testify to this? That bothers me.

I know that EA doesn't have to prove anything. But if you were a defendant, would you leave that up to "the hope" that people will have doubt if you could actually prove something to the contrary? Would you let your child possibly go to prison if you could provide the information/testimony to help him? If there's a reasonable explanation for all the cleaning supplies, rags and towels in the trash, then I would address it.

P.S. In the time it took me to type this (FedEx delivery interrupted me), everyone started to talk about the cleaning supplies! We all sound like we are passionate about cleaning! LOL

That is why the DT puts on a defense and calls witnesses. To refute the Prosecutions claims. The State must prove guilt, but the defense's job is to provide exculpatory evidence to refute the States' evidence and just blowing smoke shows there is no exculpatory evidence and is in hopes there will be gullible jurors who will buy in to the smoke and mirrors and forget about the real evidence. There is no quest for truth anymore. It is now down to how can we confuse jurors to create any kind of doubt and sell it as reasonable.

Amen! Valerie is the bomb literally! She deserves a reward. I saw someone smarting off to her earlier and correcting her. What a shame meanness folks can be but Valerie handles them all very well. She must be at like 20 things on the multitasking level! I don't know how she is keeping up so well. Maybe we should all go to her employer and give Valerie a good word or two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I took your suggestion and sent an email to the Dallas Morning News' customer care email. Hopefully they will pass it along to the appropriate person. Valerie has been great.

IMO You have a different and more objective view of this case. You have not followed since she was reported missing. You were not privy to months and months of discussions, SM circus, rumors and more. You see it as an impartial juror would. IMO.

And this I think is why those of us who have been here for the whole time and "know" that EA is guilty might find it hard to accept that for a jury there is doubt.

My personal view has always been that EA is guilty but sadly I don't think the state have proved this to the required level and it breaks my heart that he's probably going to walk freee.

I was thinking if EA would have said we walked to our cars together. The last time i saw her was when i opened my trunk and she helped me put something in the trunk. Thats the last i saw her. We probably wouldnt be at court. His avalanche of lying is what did him in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think HF had some sort of roll in this. Unsure how it all fits in real life. For all I know they met HF something happen and EA threatened or something. I don't know. Many hmms. But I just going by what presented in court. Totally different than my opinion of what happened and guilt or no guilt of what happen. State has to prove their charges, that's what the trial is about as far as guilt or innocent. Lots of innocent go to jail and guilty set free. JMHO

That could happen, but there is the phone pings and the underover cop eye witness to where HF was. I know we didn't hear from the UC, but I wouldn't expect LE to expose an UC. It takes months and sometimes years to get the UCs in a position of trust. And since HF was sent to prision, I have no reason to doubt the States explanation as to why they dropped him as a POI. EA on the other hand acted in such a way to make him a POI and then the evidence sealed the deal for the investigators. I don't see any reason to think they cared about HF enough to cover for him in this situation. He was on their radar as a drug dealer and LE will pin anything on them they can to get a conviction and get them off the streets. IMO

Correct from testimony, AM and HF both told AE that the Police would be called. And the phone that he stole is also the phone that he wiped clean. So did he wipe it clean and return it back to Sprint store as if it had just been misplaced? That is the only think I can come up with that phone was back at Sprint store for them to turn over to police. And he had it at the 9/3 and/or 9/4 interviews. Curious on the phone stolen police report, may google about that later. Stolen Aug 25, used that week had at least through 9/4/14. IF he used same number most likely just transferred info from one phone to the silver one. PPD should have had all the records from any/all phones on his account. Unsure why he had both at the interview. Each phone has special identifying number so jmho that yellow phone wasn't in the mix of that night in question. Only one phone number/record is used as part of the evidence.
JMHO

He returned the stolen Sprint phone to Juan Ponce, I believe. I know I remember reading he turned it in to a coworker. I may be saying it was Ponce who received it in error though.

Food for thought...true story from last weekend.

-My hubby took the SUV to unload some stuff at the dump
-I took his car (Dodge Charger..similar to Camaro) to the grocery store
-Got home, hubby came out to grab some of the bags from the trunk
-Picked-up a bag in each hand and proceeded to have a sneezing fit (allergies were bad last weekend) - sneezed "BIG" three times right over the open trunk (he's one of those LOUD sneezers!!

If the police came out today and swabbed his trunk for DNA, can we think of three places it might be found? Not being sarcastic or argumentative. Just a scenario that would cross my mind as a juror (and I have served on a criminal jury btw).

I hear what you're saying, but your husband's DNA (touch and more) would be expected to be found in your vehicle, his vehicle, and the home that you share. It's a totally different situation.

I see your point... But would you say your husband has never been in/near your car to transfer DNA?

In my opinion the DNA along with the fact Enrique says Christina wasn't near his car, not parked close. Never been in his car on a previous occasion how did the DNA get there?

And a bigger question in my mind is that if they did meet HFand HF did something to her in his presense or not, would you not sing like a canary? I mean, he knew they were fighting that night. He would have to be some kind of idiot not to tell LE what happened. Especially, after being caught on video in a lie. I could see him lying at first if he was not involved and not wanting to look guilty, but once you are confronted with the video, if he was innocent of her disappearance, why would he continue to lie, scrub phones when asked to see them (I remember LE telling all her friends they were not interested in their drug use that night (no prosecution) they just wanted the truth of what happened to Christina). And he cleaned his car repeatedly and the car cleaning and phone scrubbing coincided with questions from family and LE. Plus, he is caught paying close attention at a gas pump to the areas associated with Christina's disappearance (DNA in trunk and damage to vehicle). An then there are the injuries to his arm and hands that no one saw before CM went missing. Those are hard to ignore in order to put the blame on HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste