GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor juror. I hope she will be OK and her illness is nothing serious. I'm sure its disappointing to not be able to see the trial through to the conclusion.

Wonder if that made difference on count? Will they go back and do fast count?

1m
Valerie Wigglesworth‏ @vlwigg
Ill juror excused after 7 hours of deliberation. Alternate joins jury deliberations #arochitrial

How does the alt juror work? Did they also leave the courtroom every time the jury had to?

The Mercury‏ @arochimercury
Juror is excused from further service, one of alternates being informed they're now on jury. Judge puts court back in recess #ArochiTrial

How does the alt juror work? Did they also leave the courtroom every time the jury had to?

They usually don't know they are alt until deliberation time. Been on 2 and watched a few and that how they were. Jmho

Alternates usually aren't selected until after the evidence is finished and closings delivered but I've seen a couple trials where they knew all along, in either case treated same as any other juror.

3m
The Mercury‏ @arochimercury
To clarify: Jury has been deliberating for approx. 7 hours now #ArochiTrial

So where were the alternates during the trial? Sorry I don't know much about jury stuff

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago

There are no rules on how alternate gets up to speed - he is now part of jury. They have to figure out on their own #arochitrial

1m
Valerie Wigglesworth‏ @vlwigg
There are no rules on how alternate gets up to speed - he is now part of jury. They have to figure out on their own #arochitri

So where were the alternates during the trial? Sorry I don't know much about jury stuff

They sit right with the jury, in some states they pick the alternate jurors out of a hat by jury number right before deliberations, in some it's the last 2 or 4 picked during jury selections, and in some states they pick them at the end of selection and it's always known they are the alternates, depends on the state.

Ugh So they begin deliberating all over again then? The alternates have not been in on the deliberations so I would expect that now they have to make sure they discuss everything again.

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 50s50 seconds ago

Juror tells judge she cannot continue to deliberate. Attorneys agree. Judge excuses her from further service #arochitrial

I would have thought that a serious illness would have precluded her from being on the jury in the first place. Good grief.

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 1m1 minute ago

We're in a break. #ArochiTrial

:blushing: looks like according to someone tweets lol HF or EA stepmom is Twitter fighting lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966