GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I JUST now got to see who juror #1 is and I just wanted to tell you guys that I watched the jury the whole time. There was one juror who was pretty cute and an alternate (I bet you know who Im talking about TC mom! HAHA) and then the juror #1 had THE MOST facial expressions of them all. He would almost chuckle at defense....it was quite obvious to me when he was not buying it. I figured if anyone would talk it would be him. I need to find the link to watch the interview now!

For work when they implement a new "RULE" or change to protocol, I have to read this LONG article and it looks like the stuff you keep posting mimi hahahaha

The State Bar of Texas Criminal Justice Section
The Texas Criminal Justice Process - A Citizen's Guide
http://texaslawhelp.org/files/685E9...F94-EC2128913600/txcriminaljusticeprocess.pdf

Trial
The Texas Constitution guarantees the accused in all criminal prosecutions the right to a trial by jury. The defendant may waive trial by jury and proceed with trial to the court (judge) with the consent of the judge and the prosecutor except a capital felony in which the state seeks the
death penalty. A criminal trial before a jury (sometimes called a “petit jury”) proceeds as follows:
(1) The jury is impaneled following voir dire examination and any challenges for cause or peremptory challenges.
(2) The information or indictment is read to the jury.
(3) The defendant enters his/her plea.
(4) Opening statements may be made by each side.
(5) The testimony on the part of the state is offered.
(6) The testimony on the part of the defense is offered.
(7) Rebutting testimony may be offered by each side.
(8) The court’s written charge setting forth the law applicable in the case is read to the jury.
(9) Attorneys for each side argue their case to the jury.
(10) The jury deliberates. If the jury unanimously finds that the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed the offense charged (or a lesser included
offense), the trial proceeds to the punishment phase. If the jury unanimously agrees that the state has not proved the charge beyond a reasonable doubt, a not guilty verdict ends
the trial and discharges the defendant. If the jury is unable to agree to a unanimous verdict, a mistrial or “hung jury” occurs and the jury is discharged. The case may be retried
at a later date.

(11) The judge assesses punishment unless the defendant requests the jury to assess punishment. The jury must assess punishment if the state seeks the death penalty in a capital felony. The judge may be required to direct a supervision (probation) officer to prepare a presentence investigation report prior to sentencing. Testimony concerning the circumstances of the offense may be considered by the judge or jury in determining the punishment to be assessed. Victim impact evidence (e.g., degree of physical or emotional injury to the victim) may be admissible as a circumstance of the offense if the evidence has some bearing on the defendant’s personal responsibility and moral guilt. Evidence is also admissible concerning the defendant’s prior criminal record, his/her general reputation and character, and any other evidence of an extraneous crime or bad act shown beyond a reasonable doubt to have been committed by the defendant.

If the jury has the responsibility of assessing punishment, the judge will give additional instructions (punishment charge) following testimony on the issue of proper punishment.
If, after deliberations, the jury fails to agree to a unanimous verdict on punishment, a mistrial is declared only in the punishment phase of the trial and the jury discharged. The court shall impanel another jury as soon as practicable to determine the issue of punishment.

Prior to the imposition of sentence by the court, if the court has received a victim impact statement, it must consider the information provided in the statement. Before sentencing the defendant, the court is required to permit the defendant or his/her counsel a reasonable time to read the statement, comment on the statement, and, with the approval of the court,
introduce testimony or other information alleging a factual inaccuracy in the statement. After sentence is pronounced, the court shall allow the victim, close relative of a deceased victim, or guardian of a victim to appear in person to present to the court and to the defendant a statement of the person’s views about the offense, the defendant, and the effect of the offense on the victim

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 10m10 minutes ago Rowlett, TX
Plea deal now a real possibility in #arochitrial. Could mean they find Christina--lp

Plea deal now a real possibility in #arochitrial. Could mean they find Christina--lp

And he's backing this up how? (Not that I don't hope it's true ... finding Christina that is.)

For work when they implement a new "RULE" or change to protocol, I have to read this LONG article and it looks like the stuff you keep posting mimi hahahaha

LOL understand. Only difference is at work you have to read them, at WS you can scroll on by if don't want to read. I only posted because were relevant to this case/trial. Some are from other states or even countries and follow along. They may want to know the state statutes and possibilities. I do. Also on other case threads some have stated they can not access various links on their cellphones. That is why I posted what I did. If not wanting to scroll past my post, there is an option that can use called Ignore and it will block all of whomever post you wish to not read. Not trying to be snarky, just helpful. Each State does things different and different laws. But there also case law from different states used. Pretty interesting in the big picture. JMHO

I also found for those who wish to read, has some good information, helpful and informative:
The State Bar of Texas Criminal Justice Section
The Texas Criminal Justice Process - A Citizen's Guide
http://texaslawhelp.org/files/685E9...F94-EC2128913600/txcriminaljusticeprocess.pdf

Pages

And he's backing this up how? (Not that I don't hope it's true ... finding Christina that is.)

And now he is saying he can't say anything further! I am on my phone and can't post his tweet response after someone asked him to elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Quote Originally Posted by SaintGirl View Post
Right?!? Based on...? What a loaded tweet

I have no idea. Only posted the tweet. Here is link to tweet. And there are question under and I will post the question and his response:

[video=twitter;780940106999881728]https://twitter.com/lpphillips/status/780940106999881728[/video]

@lpphillips What? Tell us more

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 53m53 minutes ago Rowlett, TX
@XXXX I can't say more yet--lp

**NOTE: If LP Phillips deletes his tweet, the linked pic will delete also (I think) That's why I also copied/paste the tweet.

And now he is saying he can't say anything further! I am on my phone and can't post his tweet response after someone asked him to elaborate.

I posted it for you. Along with the link so others can see. Prob Media BS jmho

That was my post. I misread it at first and when my heart stopped pounding I reread it.

Clearly LPP thinks he has some info that would indicate a deal is being discussed and might truly happen. Because of what that's likely to include, hope he's right.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/09/27/judge-to-decide-sentence-for-christina-morris-kidnapper/
Newbill said one juror in particular needed convincing more than the others that all of evidence was circumstantial – and a man’s future was at stake.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Se...in-Kidnapping-Christina-Morris-394764061.html
"We had a couple jurors who, I wouldn't say they held out, they were simply asking reasonable questions, trying to make sure that we got it right and at times things got emotional," said Newbill.

http://cw33.com/2016/09/27/judge-to-sentence-enrique-arochi-friday-in-kidnapping-case/
Juror William Newbill said, “It was a great trial. Both the defense and the prosecution have done a very competent job. Great Judge presiding.”

... and then the juror #1 had THE MOST facial expressions of them all. He would almost chuckle at defense....it was quite obvious to me when he was not buying it. I figured if anyone would talk it would be him. I need to find the link to watch the interview now!

Ok... From tooling around online at these links and other places, I've determined that Juror #1 is... a man of certain higher education, sensability, real world experience... and probably a cool guy and likeable person. IMO

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/09/27/judge-to-decide-sentence-for-christina-morris-kidnapper/
Newbill said one juror in particular needed convincing more than the others that all of evidence was circumstantial – and a man’s future was at stake.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Se...in-Kidnapping-Christina-Morris-394764061.html
"We had a couple jurors who, I wouldn't say they held out, they were simply asking reasonable questions, trying to make sure that we got it right and at times things got emotional," said Newbill.

http://cw33.com/2016/09/27/judge-to-sentence-enrique-arochi-friday-in-kidnapping-case/
Juror William Newbill said, “It was a great trial. Both the defense and the prosecution have done a very competent job. Great Judge presiding.”

Ok... From tooling around online at these links and other places, I've determined that Juror #1 is... a man of certain higher education, sensability, real world experience... and probably a cool guy and likeable person. IMO

Well praise the lord! I couldn't find the link. Thank you!!!

I couldn't tell his intellect level or any of that I just observed that he didn't but the defense.

Explains tweet from reporter as to how Juror #1 would know what the max was. I wonder if they went around and around trying to keep him off the jury? Is #1 his juror number or just first to speak out? Could also be why EA chose to go Judge too lol
* the little mimi inside me curious how much he really knew prior and or bias. He would also know correct ways to answer. I am surprised honestly. Here I don't think that profession would be on trials. But then again I just don't know. Totally does put another spin on things. I still would not speak to media. JMHO

Judge to Decide Punishment for Enrique Arochi Kidnapping Charge
Published at 10:33 PM GMT on Sep 27, 2016
By Alice Barr

Juror #1 displays a very calm and professional speaking voice on camera. I just wish he would have motioned to some of the other jurors to join him. (Briefly shown walking out). I really want to know how some the female jurors arrived at their decision.

NBC Channel 5 Video

Explains tweet from reporter as to how Juror #1 would know what the max was. I wonder if they went around and around trying to keep him off the jury? Is #1 his juror number or just first to speak out? Could also be why EA chose to go Judge too lol
* the little mimi inside me curious how much he really knew prior and or bias. He would also know correct ways to answer. I am surprised honestly. Here I don't think that profession would be on trials. But then again I just don't know. Totally does put another spin on things. I still would not speak to media. JMHO

I must of missed the info about his job?

The jury was told during voir dire what the punishment range for the charged crime was. If they could not reasonably consider probation or 99 years, they were excused. It's not like it was a secret that only people educated in the field or people who had researched the case would know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoftyGoalGirl
Back