GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #24 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's awesome - I hope someone will remember something they saw that night! Thanks for the Spanish translation!! :boohoo::guitar::boohoo: (mariachi band)

ETA: Here is the flyer so everyone can share.

Attachments

• Enriquen.jpg
    Enriquen.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 299
Oh that's awesome - I hope someone will remember something they saw that night! Thanks for the Spanish translation!! :boohoo::guitar::boohoo: (mariachi band)

catpatrol: mild-mannered geologist by day...ninja sleuth with mad computer skills by night. [emoji8]

Not a problem
I believe they said they're going to post them at border crossings

That won't work---there are very strict guidelines to pleading insanity & by EA's very lucid interview, he is totally cognizant. No insanity plea cause he does not meet the criteria.

Moo

I think his so called depression is from how his life has been since CM disappeared! He knows he is going to be in jail a very long time! He isn't upset about what he did, he is upset he got caught, that's why he is apparently depressed!!!!

MOO!!

I think his so called depression is from how his life has been since CM disappeared! He knows he is going to be in jail a very long time! He isn't upset about what he did, he is upset he got caught, that's why he is apparently depressed!!!!End

Right, being a depressed sociopath is no grounds for an insanity plea!

Moo

Also cat patrol they are going to be used for billboards I just heard!

EA is being held in max security. My friends brother works at CCDC. He said he'd check him out and report back on what is like in there for him.

He is sick for sure certainly no sane person would do what he has however. Maybe temporary insanity but that shouldn't be enough for him to walk free anytime soon but ma get him a lighter sentence. I myself am hoping the highest at 99 years and least till they can prove otherwise. We shall see what LE has on him in January right?

That's one way to look at it. But, a sane person would certainly be depressed upon being arrested for a serious crime. An insane person, may or may not be depressed over the event so I don't think his depression will be helpful towards an insanity plea.

I've been a lurker but do have some information on Insanity Pleas. Also, I know this was posted 2 hours ago, so sorry if any of this has already been mentioned!

First, the Insanity plea is used much less often than people assume. The insanity defense is only used in 0.9% of cases. Of these 0.9% of cases, only 22.7% of the cases "won" (aka found not guilty by reason of insanity). So essentially, only 0.02% of cases are found NGRI.

Second, the majority of defendants found NGRI have been diagnosed as psychotic.. and are usually found to have "severe" psychosis. Most have had previous history of psychiatric hospitalizations and have been diagnosed with serious forms of mental illnesses, usually psychoses.

Also they have some clinical assessments put in place that help determine if someone is trying to "lie" or "fake" to be found within the legal realms of "insane".
The defendant has the burden of proof in an insanity defense. So he essentially has to prove that he was crazy at the time of the offense, which is very difficult for the defense (hence the low success rates). Also since they have to prove that he was legally insane at the time of the offense, his depression now (after the offense) probably won't do much good to prove that.

So good news is that he probably won't be found NGRI even if he does try it..
:) Hope this puts some of y'all at ease :)

Sources for the statistics of how often the insanity plea is used and how often it is successful:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=148610
http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=search.displayRecord&uid=1993-97503-003

Sources of the "typical" characteristics of defendants who are found NGRI:
http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=search.displayRecord&uid=1993-97503-003
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10148823

Just curious...why did my post get deleted about EA background check? All I am saying is he could have gotten arrested in other counties we don't know to search in, so he could have a longer wrap sheet than we know.

Just curious...why did my post get deleted about EA background check? All I am saying is he could have gotten arrested in other counties we don't know to search in, so he could have a longer wrap sheet than we know.

Its still there!

I think this goes to the question, how long have they been in America? If EA was brought to America when he was a toddler or kid, he may not have any connections back to Mexico.

Also, it just seems totally random with how bumbling this guy seems to be (car damage story is goofy, caught stealing phone from place of employment, living at home with mom and dad at the age of 24 instead of in an apartment or out on his own, etc.). He just doesn't seem to be a very sophisticated character, not enough to be a part of an international sex trade operation.

Although, I do understand that as worried sick as the mom is about her daughter being missing, even something far-fetched is worth trying. Mexico is a big country, though. One billboard? Do they know what part/state/province of Mexico the family is from even?

My own thought is, you would have to be "insane" to be involved with this type of crime to begin with.. but that's just me...

I agree! Thank goodness it is pretty difficult to be found legally insane!

Paul Johnson

Thanks. Missed that. Never heard of him, though. What makes him "high powered." When I think of high powered defense attorneys the one that comes to mind in Texas is Dick DeGuerin. Is he like that, known nationally, or just a local guy?

Thanks GT. I was reading a post about how EA doesn't have a criminal past like some of the other people we've talked about. Got me thinking what if he did have a past wherever he lived before. Also I know someone who got arrested while they were in college in another part of texas. If you were to try to look up his arrest history where he lives now nothing would show up because it happened somewhere else. My point is EA could have more criminal history and we just don't know what counties to search. You would have to pay for an actual in depth background check to get everything on him. Has anyone on here done that?

I know this is giving journalists way too much credit, but this seems like something simple that some crime reporter somewhere would have already done. Again, maybe I expect too much from journalists these days. That would take some effort...maybe more than 10 minutes of scouring google and county arrest records locally.

As far as local counties, there's not even so much as a traffic ticket on him until the phone thing. Seems like crime reporters would be scouring every county arrest record in the state. Or, maybe they have and just haven't found anything.

So many unanswered questions.

I believe he is called the best death penalty attorney in the great state of Texas. He is Eric Williams attorney also I think.

Thanks. Missed that. Never heard of him, though. What makes him "high powered." When I think of high powered defense attorneys the one that comes to mind if Dick DeGuerin. Is he like that, known nationally, or just a local guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member