Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on sign destroyer dude:

Older folks can be very territorial about what they consider "their" space. I only say this because my mother is elderly and lives in assisted living. Those folks notice everything! I was also surprised about the number of adults that appeared to be vibrant and healthy, but had dementia, forget to take meds, take meds twice because they forgot they had already taken them and become "off." Of course, this may not be the case with SDD; and I'm not taking up for him at all. Just want everyone to be careful, he could snap and hurt someone. I'm so ready for Christina to come home! God Bless her, her army, and even sign destroyer dude and sprinkler lady.

Not going to let you have it, but I 100% disagree. Having my family and my friends in LE/FBI, they have told me from the beginning of time, if you are being looked at or you ever think you are in trouble always get an attorney. Never speak to LE without one. With that, you would never want to switch lawyers midway through, so you get one to ride it out. You always get the best. In this situation, where a girl is missing and you are the last one with her, and your state has the deaths penalty...you get a DP attorney. I'd you don't need them, great. If you do, then you are prepared.

I certainly hope that You don't wait to be charged to hire a lawyer. You want one there when you are being questioned. Yes, it may looked guilty, but in this world, with innocent people being charged, please protect yourselves. What is interesting is I had this discussion on another thread and every single person said this is not an admission of guilt.

I really am curious what people would do if they were questioned several times, car taken....I will stop. I know the answer will be they wouldn't hire a lawyer, but the truth is you would. You would hire one and protect yourself and not care what people on WS or the public think.

I don't think it was a huge thing just for the first paragraph above. Better to have the best attorney and not need one, than to need one and not have one.

That said EA has made statements that are proven false, had suspicious activity the morning of and had bruises and possibly a bite mark that morning. Yeah, it doesn't look all that good when you throw those in. But hiring the best he could find is probably the smartest move that has been made yet by him. Although, it was probably done by his parents and if that is the case then EA is still batting 1.000 in the Dumb Moves Category.

Not going to let you have it, but I 100% disagree. Having my family and my friends in LE/FBI, they have told me from the beginning of time, if you are being looked at or you ever think you are in trouble always get an attorney. Never speak to LE without one. With that, you would never want to switch lawyers midway through, so you get one to ride it out. You always get the best. In this situation, where a girl is missing and you are the last one with her, and your state has the deaths penalty...you get a DP attorney. I'd you don't need them, great. If you do, then you are prepared.

I certainly hope that You don't wait to be charged to hire a lawyer. You want one there when you are being questioned. Yes, it may looked guilty, but in this world, with innocent people being charged, please protect yourselves. What is interesting is I had this discussion on another thread and every single person said this is not an admission of guilt.

I really am curious what people would do if they were questioned several times, car taken....I will stop. I know the answer will be they wouldn't hire a lawyer, but the truth is you would. You would hire one and protect yourself and not care what people on WS or the public think.

I'm going to second this. From the very beginning, when we didn't even know who EA was and referred to him as Texas Walker Stranger, he was high on the list of suspects. It was noted by the family that they didn't really know him and that he was an acquaintance and even though LE would not commit to him being a suspect or POI, his home was picketed. (bear with me folks). On the other hand, the boyfriend who did not report her missing seemed to be protected and excuses made for his behavior. I would have done the same thing EA did - hire the best lawyer for whatever possible outcome I would/could be charged with since it seemed that was where it all was headed.

Casey Anthony had to bring on a DP certified lawyer during the middle of her trial IIRC and I just think that would take so much work to bring someone up to speed, not to mention the cost, etc.

Also I follow several other cases here and this is the first thread where I have seen that hiring a lawyer and going over the credentials is an issue.

Just my thoughts and JMO.

And to Zippixx - no worries :)

It's a city ordinance in lots of cities (like mine) to hang any sort of flyers on poles, trees, etc. It's also a HOA violation in a lot of neighborhoods. I think that's why people have mentioned it.

Going to weigh in on this...in my town if someone has so much as a garage sale and the garage sale sign is up even one day after the permit date, there is a nice little fine. Some cities are particular about the signs. I could not believe that restaurants around the SOL would not even put up a missing person's sign - makes no sense to me since it is critical to get the exposure. JMO

I don't think it was a huge thing just for the first paragraph above. Better to have the best attorney and not need one, than to need one and not have one.

That said EA has made statements that are proven false, had suspicious activity the morning of and had bruises and possibly a bite mark that morning. Yeah, it doesn't look all that good when you throw those in. But hiring the best he could find is probably the smartest move that has been made yet by him. Although, it was probably done by his parents and if that is the case then EA is still batting 1.000 in the Dumb Moves Category.

LOL ain't that the truth (BBM)

I guess I can't laugh, can I? But I agree.....my first thought when he hired PJ, was.... hellllooooo! Anywho, all MIO too, but who knows, I just wish PJ would make him say something or make a statement at least.

They are usually told to keep their mouth shut!
No statements will be coming from him anytime soon.
The only persons he will be talking to are his lawyer and LE.

The statements will come from LE not EA!
I do not believe we will hear anything till his lawyer knows everything LE has on him!

Going to weigh in on this...in my town if someone has so much as a garage sale and the garage sale sign is up even one day after the permit date, there is a nice little fine. Some cities are particular about the signs. I could not believe that restaurants around the SOL would not even put up a missing person's sign - makes no sense to me since it is critical to get the exposure. JMO

The fine in my city is like $250 the first time, $500 the 2nd, and so on. They don't even give a warning first. Crazy.

Ok so what do you all think CSI is looking for?
what do you think they will find?

The fine in my city is like $250 the first time, $500 the 2nd, and so on. They don't even give a warning first. Crazy.

Same here although I have never tested it. I heard there is a $250.00 fine the first time, and yes, no warning. In fact, they look for the signs.

They had his car for 11 days last time. I'm sure they did a thorough search that time. What more could they be looking for? Maybe they think he moved her? (So hard to type)

I was wondering the same thing. LE had his car for 11 days, so is it just to delve further into what they found during that time? Or do they need more convincing evidence? Not much of an answer for you Eileen lol

If they're taking it apart, they could be looking for blood that could not be reached in his efforts to clean the car. Or maybe soil.

Just my opinion, but Im sure EAs attorney is extremely busy this week with Kim Williams taking the stand in her soon to be ex husbands trial, which sucks for EA and everyone else for that matter because we really need answers.*
I highly doubt EA is talking to LE. Thats why he is spending the big bucks on PJ.
Jmo

If they are ripping everything apart this time, LE could be looking for bodily fluids that perhaps seeped deeper into the car. He may have cleaned the surface area, but there are crevices and cracks he would have been unable to reach. They didn't go to the frame with the other searches, imo. Now they can tear the car up since her DNA was found inside. My guess is the DNA found was blood, but we will have to wait on the SWs to be unsealed to know what they are looking for this time in his car.

If they are ripping everything apart this time, LE could be looking for bodily fluids that perhaps seeped deeper into the car. He may have cleaned the surface area, but there are crevices and cracks he would have been unable to reach. They didn't go to the frame with the other searches, imo. Now they can tear the car up since her DNA was found inside. My guess is the DNA found was blood, but we will have to wait on the SWs to be unsealed to know what they are looking for this time in his car.

Maybe O/T - just in case going to assume it is
Do you or does anyone know what happens when a car is disassembled looking for evidence, and nothing is found? Are they responsible for putting it back together again? Just curious.

Do you or does anyone know what happens when a car is disassembled looking for evidence, and nothing is found? Are they responsible for putting it back together again? Just curious.

I would guess that they'll put it together again & you can probably get a good deal at the Police auction, in a few years....

Ha, I have wondered that, too. After they are done, are they just like, "Welp, here's your car back, just put it back together at your convenience. Thanks." Then you get a box of seats, seatbelts, a radio, tires, an engine...I guess if you are incarcerated forever, it doesn't matter so much. But man, if they made a mistake and then trashed your car, that would be fun.

They are usually told to keep their mouth shut!
No statements will be coming from him anytime soon.
The only persons he will be talking to are his lawyer and LE.

The statements will come from LE not EA!
I do not believe we will hear anything till his lawyer knows everything LE has on him!

Bolded by me...

I seriously doubt he is talking to LE at all. Most times, once an attorney is hired, LE never hears directly from the POI again, unless a plea deal is being negotiated.

I would say no. A friend of mine got wrapped up in a missing person investigation. They ripped apart his car. He was cleared thankfully but the car was returned in shreds. Along w his room and computers. I get it but then I don't.

IMO IME JMO

I think the issue is that it's just one sign. All the rest in the neighborhood stay up, but someone keeps tearing off this one sign. Regardless you're right....not putting/leaving up these signs makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState