GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought as my husband and I chatted last night. I understand CM leaving at almost 4a b/c she changed her mind about spending the night at her friend's house b/c of the argument (or whatever). But, why is this guy still hanging out at almost 4a? Was everyone crashing there? Just talking about it made me think that it was odd that he would still be there at such a late time and if he was crashing there - what made him change HIS mind?

I hope that made sense...
Hmmmmmm good point!!

On the find Christina page, they said they will need a lot of ATVs and foot searchers for today. They haven't made any direct statements like this before, so I hope that means they found some areas of interest with the drone.

Just a thought as my husband and I chatted last night. I understand CM leaving at almost 4a b/c she changed her mind about spending the night at her friend's house b/c of the argument (or whatever). But, why is this guy still hanging out at almost 4a? Was everyone crashing there? Just talking about it made me think that it was odd that he would still be there at such a late time and if he was crashing there - what made him change HIS mind?

Maybe they were all just hanging out to sober up? Texas has a zero tolerance policy, especially on a holiday weekend. When the bars close, that's when you start seeing cops with people pulled over everywhere.

Maybe they were all just hanging out to sober up? Texas has a zero tolerance policy, especially on a holiday weekend. When the bars close, that's when you start seeing cops with people pulled over everywhere.

Guess that could be so - I just see that 4a is pretty much committed to staying where you're at and a strange time to head home. If you're wanting to sober up and crash there until morning, I get it. But, leaving at 4a to go home b/c you were drinking too much? You're asking for more attention on the road. JMO - it strikes me as odd that this guy just so happens to leave at the same time. YET, "he didn't walk her to her car". That whole situation bugs me. It may be nothing, but to ME...it stinks a bit.

That's an excellent point. Her mom also stated something about why they were searching around where the friends grew up at, because Christina loved it there. It made me wonder if there was more to it than that. Maybe they are searching areas he frequented. Oddly enough, the boyfriend not turning her in as missing after 4 days actually makes since to me. They were in a huge fight.

BF had to know it was odd for her to not come get her dog in four days, or call to check on him, etc...jmo

That's an excellent point. Her mom also stated something about why they were searching around where the friends grew up at, because Christina loved it there. It made me wonder if there was more to it than that. Maybe they are searching areas he frequented. Oddly enough, the boyfriend not turning her in as missing after 4 days actually makes since to me. They were in a huge fight.

Where is the area "where the friends grew up"? Which friends? The area that who frequented?

Guess that could be so - I just see that 4a is pretty much committed to staying where you're at and a strange time to head home. If you're wanting to sober up and crash there until morning, I get it. But, leaving at 4a to go home b/c you were drinking too much? You're asking for more attention on the road. JMO - it strikes me as odd that this guy just so happens to leave at the same time. YET, "he didn't walk her to her car". That whole situation bugs me. It may be nothing, but to ME...it stinks a bit.

I'm mostly basing everything I say off of what my friends and I do. This same night I drove home from Denton (same distance) and got there at 5:30 am, after I had been drinking. It's not the most logical idea tbh.

I don't think this is really unusual for people that are bar hopping at 2am.

I find it interesting that the one individual who was the CLOSEST in those final video frames has yet to come forward. No word, nada, zip. No friends have indicated that he's a good guy or a bad guy, no word on whether he has been assisting in the search, just a passing comment that CM and him were not close friends. Maybe he lawyered up right away and the advice was to lay low, but at the same time I'm still surprised that he seems to have disappeared.

I don't think this is really unusual for people that are bar hopping at 2am.

The bars close at 2am....my friends and I frequently were at these places (Martini Park, NYLO, Down Under Pub) until close. If we were in Frisco and they closed earlier, we moved to Plano for some more time. At 2am when everything closed it was either go home or friends offered you to come over and crash. I lived at Univ Park at the time and it was not smart to drive that far at that time - although, I did too make that late night trek to be in my own bed. Just not at 4am.

I don't find the late night/bar hopping odd. I don't find crashing at someone's place odd. She was not originally going to go home, so being at her friends at 4a and then changing her mind, while not completely logical, is not odd. This guy deciding to leave at the same time she changes her plans.... to "not" walk her to her car? JMO

I find it interesting that the one individual who was the CLOSEST in those final video frames has yet to come forward. No word, nada, zip. No friends have indicated that he's a good guy or a bad guy, no word on whether he has been assisting in the search, just a passing comment that CM and him were not close friends. Maybe he lawyered up right away and the advice was to lay low, but at the same time I'm still surprised that he seems to have disappeared.

As my husband and I talked - all we had were questions and questions. LE has been very tight lipped on what is/isn't known. There is a lot of information missing for us to even try to put the pieces together. All we can do is speculate on the few crumbs we have. Frustrating.

With their young ripened ages of 23 (I'm assuming the friends were around the same age too) staying out til 4am really isn't that odd. I've lived in the shops for a few years and it's not too uncommon i'm woken up at 3-4am during weekends due to people out scuffling around after they've been drinking all night. Now that i'm almost 30... I can honestly say I do good to stay up to midnight! However, when I was 23-25 we easily would close the bars down til 2am then goto someone's place to sober up / crash for the night so we weren't caught on the road at the wee hours of the morning. So, I don't think the behavior is that strange... however, my personal opinion is that the friend who CM walked to the garage with might have shown some interest in her to an extent. Once he realized it wasn't going anywhere he went straight to his car. I've seen some guys do that before... when they know they don't have a chance they just take a hike.

With their young ripened ages of 23 (I'm assuming the friends were around the same age too) staying out til 4am really isn't that odd. I've lived in the shops for a few years and it's not too uncommon i'm woken up at 3-4am during weekends due to people out scuffling around after they've been drinking all night. Now that i'm almost 30... I can honestly say I do good to stay up to midnight! However, when I was 23-25 we easily would close the bars down til 2am then goto someone's place to sober up / crash for the night so we weren't caught on the road at the wee hours of the morning. So, I don't think the behavior is that strange... however, my personal opinion is that the friend who CM walked to the garage with might have shown some interest in her to an extent. Once he realized it wasn't going anywhere he went straight to his car. I've seen some guys do that before... when they know they don't have a chance they just take a hike.

My friends and I were doing this in our 30s! LOL We look back and wonder how we functioned b/c we did this as a part of a social group - probably about 3-5nights per week. Regularly! It's why I'm so drawn to this....it's my old stomping ground. :(

Again, I don't doubt this happens all the time. I totally get it. Especially in/around that area. I'm just suspicious of the timing of his leaving. Like you said, maybe he was interested in her? Maybe he's had this interest since school (they were supposedly school acquaintances)? Maybe he tried something and she rebuffed him? Maybe...maybe...maybe.

It's hard w/so many questions. The people at that gathering/party might easily clarify this, but none of that info has gotten out.

Hopefully there IS more information and we'll all know it eventually.

I'm still curious about the guy who walked her to the garage, it just seems strange still that he didn't make sure she was safe.

Jeez, it's REALLY pouring right now. I hope it passes quickly so that they can get back to the search.

Meanwhile, for WSers who live and work in Plano, there are additional ways (more than I ever imagined) to become involved in helping the police support the community--

http://www.plano.gov/778/Citizens-Police-Academy

But WHY? Why are they searching THERE? Do they have some reason to believe she is in that area, that she walked away from her car?

C'mon guys...we're on this forum b/c we are true crime junkies. At least, I will freely admit I am. :) As my husband said, "I've only watched maybe 1/100th of the crime stuff you watch. And - I know. The last person seen w/the victim within minutes of a disappearance? Odds are not good."

Google Occam's Razor if you're not familiar.

I'll add the JMO caveat. There is no good or happy answer - other than she ran off by herself and is safe or in hiding. I just don't see that happening. :(

But WHY? Why are they searching THERE? Do they have some reason to believe she is in that area, that she walked away from her car?

The only thing I remember from the presser w/TM from TX Equusearch was that they have asked police for areas to search - but specifically said NOT to tell them WHY. He does not want to know or his searchers to know. He does not want a leak of any kind to come from them.

I also think TM said something to the effect that 12mi radius is the usual distance to find someone, so they are using that as a guide as well.

We're all slamming our heads with questions. :(

Quite a few of Christina's friends on FB work at restaurants/bars. Their night doesn't get started until they get off work. Not sure if this helps any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator