GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #31 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When would EA have had time to search her car, though?

Maybe when he came back? Didn't his phone ping back at SAL before he went home? Maybe it wasn't EA that searched CM's car, but we will never know that information I fear. All of the friends parked in the same area that night. Whose car did they use to go to What-A-Burger? EA ate his burger at the apartment, or so he said and that is when he was ready to go home.

MissLu, I always appreciate your posts! If we take SA off the table - I think that only leaves one other motive - drugs.
Thanks boots, same to you! I agree, drugs or some sort of revenge for whoknowswhat. Still not convinced there's not another perp walking freely. And hoping someone's talking by now!!

Is it unusual for LE to be subpoenaed? I would imagine the defense is trying to get some info from them that justifies the $1 mil bond.

I don't think it is unusual for LE to be subpoenaed. I just imagine the defense is going to try to get them state it was an opinion that EA was sexually frustrated after leaving PP's apartment because of SB's statement.

Did I leave out any letters of the alphabet? This has been brought to you by the letters LE, EA, PP and SB. :blushing:

Can anyone help me out, who or was it stated CM felt sick, and who stated she vomited on herself ? I'm having a hard time finding the posts . Just trying to add the correct info to my notes. TIA ��

Good question. The story about Christina getting sick and vomiting was a suggestion afaik.
Several suggestions became part of the story early on in the case. Who knows if they're true or not?

Another example is the issue over whether or not Christina planned to sleep over at PP's before she left Fort Worth on Friday. I'm not sure what all the confusion is about surrounding that topic.

Here's some info on Judge Smith who is handling this case ...this snippet has his "why to elect me" remarks from his election in 2012.

Smith, an attorney since 2002, says the new judge should have experience handling criminal jury trials. He points to his criminal jury trial experience, including capital murder and other felony cases, during his seven years as a prosecutor in the Collin County district attorney’s office. He resigned in December to focus on running for judge and to avoid perceptions of a conflict of interest.

“There’s nothing more serious that the court deals with than felony crimes,” said Smith, 38. “Those are the types of cases where we can least afford inexperience, because inexperience is going to lead to mistakes. … I have handled capital murder cases and aggravated assault cases. I’ve handled robbery cases. I know criminal procedure and I’m going to be able to hit the ground running with those types of cases. I don’t believe my opponent can do that.”

Here's some info on Judge Smith who is handling this case ...this snippet has his "why to elect me" remarks from his election in 2012.

Smith, an attorney since 2002, says the new judge should have experience handling criminal jury trials. He points to his criminal jury trial experience, including capital murder and other felony cases, during his seven years as a prosecutor in the Collin County district attorney’s office. He resigned in December to focus on running for judge and to avoid perceptions of a conflict of interest.

“There’s nothing more serious that the court deals with than felony crimes,” said Smith, 38. “Those are the types of cases where we can least afford inexperience, because inexperience is going to lead to mistakes. … I have handled capital murder cases and aggravated assault cases. I’ve handled robbery cases. I know criminal procedure and I’m going to be able to hit the ground running with those types of cases. I don’t believe my opponent can do that.”

Aren't judges supposed to listen to all the evidence too and be impartial until hearing all the evidence presented by the defense and the prosecution? Good heavens! He sounds like a hanging judge!

I hope he wants to get to the bottom of CM's case as much as we all do. That will be the only true justice for Christina.

Good question. The story about Christina getting sick and vomiting was a suggestion afaik.
Several suggestions became part of the story early on in the case. Who knows if they're true or not?

Another example is the issue over whether or not Christina planned to sleep over at PP's before she left Fort Worth on Friday. I'm not sure what all the confusion is about surrounding that topic.

I believe the possible "getting sick" theory was because of her change of clothes & the t-shirt.. IIRC

I believe the possible "getting sick" theory was because of her change of clothes & the t-shirt.. IIRC

She also had to be at work on Saturday. Why didn't she just call in sick from PP's apartment to her job instead of insisting on driving back to Fort Worth?

http://https://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/Search.aspx

Interesting things have happened at the Collin County Courthouse. 1/9/2015 Subpoena filed. 1/12/2015 - two more Subpoenas have been filed. Doesn't say who they are for.

They are subpoenas duces tecum, so probably for the two detectives - Busby and Stamm. It just means that they have to bring the evidence (not just part of this evidence) to show the court/defense that supports the arrest warrant/charge. The defense attorney is simply mapping the possible appeal and gathering evidence...as is required by the state bar for a vigorous defense.

In this case, I think the defense is looking for transcriptions of all witness statements. Also, reviewing police/prosecution's actions vis-a-vis the Rules of Evidence and Civil Procedure.

I think many people believed this attorney was a step down from Paul Johnson or the one the court thought it had appointed. To this point, though, he seems pretty capable.

Jmo, I think what we know about EA and the arrest is pretty strong as groundwork for a circumstantial case, of kidnapping at least and possibly even murder. Many cases are circumstantial for the most part; usually these types of crimes do not come with eye witnesses, photos of the act, etc. If I were to hear about EA's lies, possible injuries, the car cleaning, the being late to work, the DNA of the missing person in his trunk, his being on video with her just before she was never heard from all (all texting stopped, etc...) honestly I would lean toward conviction right now. And I was really pro-EA at first, in thinking he was nothing more than an innocent bystander.

Jmo

They are subpoenas duces tecum, so probably for the two detectives - Busby and Stamm.

Yes, they are for Busby and Stamm, basically a request to appear and bring the basic evidence to validate what was written in the warrant(s). In the request to reduce bond, the defense is apparently preparing to ask for some verification that they found what they say they had.

Aren't judges supposed to listen to all the evidence too and be impartial until hearing all the evidence presented by the defense and the prosecution? Good heavens! He sounds like a hanging judge!

I hope he wants to get to the bottom of CM's case as much as we all do. That will be the only true justice for Christina.

I don't think it says he was a "hanging judge." Because it was from election material, I think he just wanted the voters to know that he had experience in the court room in dealing with the highest level of crimes.

That's really what you want in a judge. I don't see a problem here. Sounds more like to me that he is the type that knows the rules of evidence and procedure. And, that, in the pursuit of justice, he'll expect both side to follow those rules in his courtroom.

That's a plus. Again, the more nailed down during the trial, the less there is of a chance of a conviction being overturned on appeal.

There is some confusion about the change of clothes and whether or not she was staying the night. I believe both can be explained together. IMO she changed her clothes because she was planning on staying the night. IMO she changed her mind suddenly. I know, VIs have said she planned to go home, wanted her dog, had to work, etc. This is JMO. I think she texted to leave the door unlocked when HF left for the day because she assumed he was asleep and knew she'd be home after he woke up.
Do we know if this is a 1 bedroom apartment?

I believe that fact that CM's cell phone, SN's cell phone, EA's cell phone and HF's cell phone were all used and all connected to CM the answers lie with the circle of friends.

It is my understanding after watching the ID show that someone else was very upset that night too, but that can only be discussed on CM's ID thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...85581&highlight=christina+morris#post11385581
Does anyone know if the ID show is reairing? I was out of the country and missed it. Wish I had DVR'd it!!

Jmo, I think what we know about EA and the arrest is pretty strong as groundwork for a circumstantial case, of kidnapping at least and possibly even murder. Many cases are circumstantial for the most part; usually these types of crimes do not come with eye witnesses, photos of the act, etc. If I were to hear about EA's lies, possible injuries, the car cleaning, the being late to work, the DNA of the missing person in his trunk, his being on video with her just before she was never heard from all (all texting stopped, etc...) honestly I would lean toward conviction right now. And I was really pro-EA at first, in thinking he was nothing more than an innocent bystander.

Jmo

What about not knowing if the DNA is blood or saliva? What if someone else's phone who was involved with CM pinged in the SAL area? What if the friends were found to not be telling the whole truth about that night? Why would SN let CM walk with EA to the garage when they had spent time together while EA, SB and PP went for burgers?

We still haven't found Christina either. The tapes from inside the garage are horrible. Even LE doesn't know if she left in the trunk or in the front seat. They did keep his passenger side seatbelt and car mats. Now after the fourth time of taking the Camaro, I'm sure it is in pieces. Hope they labeled the parts so it can be put back together again.

Does anyone know if the ID show is reairing? I was out of the country and missed it. Wish I had DVR'd it!!

misslu, I believe someone posted a YouTube link to it recently.. You can probably find it there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24