GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #36 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, never mind. I was thinking the note found in the trash said 8/28.

Shoot, I'm wrong about the date that was written on the note.
The note indicated, "texts from the 29th through today's date" written in Spanish.
Today's date (the date note was written) isn't indicated in the police report.

My curiosity about the group's outing on the 29th as to all who were part of the group and how the gathering came about to begin with, got the best of me I guess - thinking it may have been arranged earlier on the 28th (versus the same day it took place which was the 29th).

On September 19th, Christina's DNA was collected from the Dr. Pepper can and submitted to U of North Texas Center for Human Identification.
LE doesn't provide when the results were returned.

On September 23rd, LE took possession of EA's phone (the one EA took from Sprint on
August 25th but returned to Sprint on an unknown date).
The phone had been wiped clean (versus restored to original settings) before it was returned to Sprint.

On September 26th, a Search Warrant (380-09-26-2014-7) for EA's 2010 Camaro was issued and executed the same day.
It was processed for bodily fluids and other trace evidence.
Swabs were submitted to Bode Technology.
On December 9th, LE received a report back noting the "swab from edge of trunk opening".

So, I guess the whole process involving DNA evidence did take around two months to complete.

https://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/380a-20141212-arrest-10-sw-arrest-return-sealed.pdf

ITA about EA's family being off limits. I can't imagine the hell they're going through. Some of your other points however are the very ones that make me believe that EA is 100% guilty of kidnapping and murdering CM.

No witnesses because there was nobody else in the garage at that time as evidenced by the CCTV. So who else would be responsible for kidnapping CM?

DNA in two areas of EA's truck (one of which is described as significant) is proof that EA forced CM into the trunk or he hit her and shoved her into the trunk. How else could that DNA have gotten there?

There is not proof positive about the events of that night but when it's all strung together I believe it will be enough to convict EA, certainly of the AK charge, and very probably of murder. He lied about numerous things, he was injured the next day, he very thoroughly cleaned his car, etc. etc. etc. I just don't believe a reasonable person could conclude anything else.

I'm fairly new to WS and not as eloquent as some here but this is how I see it. JMO

You're equally eloquent if not more so!

If Christina didn't have that uncaring bf, a recent breakup involving a triangle and the connection to druggies, I'd think it logical EA was the only perp possible.
Like if CM had been abducted by a random person she didn't know.
The extenuating circumstances, to include her outing with the old (some rumored to be former) friends, really complicates arriving at the simplest solution for me.
I can't help it that her live in bf, or anybody else, didn't report her missing for over four days.
I'll just say it, I want that b* bf to be guilty.
I'm prejudice against crappy bf's I guess and have my reasons.

I want to say the August 28th date was that Enrique told PPD he had no texts starting from Aug 28th, but I would have to look it up too.

ETA: No text messages from Aug. 28-31 were found on Arochi’s phone. He said he “doesn’t text a lot of people,” after initially telling Stamm he texted his girlfriend all the time. Prosecutor Lisa King said, “Magically during that time period all those texts were gone.”
http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...862-9de4-11e4-b48e-5765cf2b7e65.html?mode=jqm

Oh my gosh, thanks catpatrol!
At least I know now how the seed was planted in my brain.
That makes me feel a little better that I'm not simply pulling false info out of my you know what!

Oh my gosh, thanks catpatrol!
At least I know now how the seed was planted in my brain.
That makes me feel a little better that I'm not simply pulling false info out of my you know what!

Lol, I could have sworn it said 8/28 also.

Just glad we have some momentum going again! Keep it going!

ITA about EA's family being off limits. I can't imagine the hell they're going through. Some of your other points however are the very ones that make me believe that EA is 100% guilty of kidnapping and murdering CM.

No witnesses because there was nobody else in the garage at that time as evidenced by the CCTV. So who else would be responsible for kidnapping CM?

DNA in two areas of EA's truck (one of which is described as significant) is proof that EA forced CM into the trunk or he hit her and shoved her into the trunk. How else could that DNA have gotten there?

There is not proof positive about the events of that night but when it's all strung together I believe it will be enough to convict EA, certainly of the AK charge, and very probably of murder. He lied about numerous things, he was injured the next day, he very thoroughly cleaned his car, etc. etc. etc. I just don't believe a reasonable person could conclude anything else.

I'm fairly new to WS and not as eloquent as some here but this is how I see it. JMO

JMO~
I completely disagree..and the like
all the the questions I ask are the same ones that WILL NOT convict EA of kidnapping or murder.
Cleaning the car,lies,unverified injuries responses just are not ones that really matter to me -since it is not a criminal act.
If there are those that just want EA to be the guilty one prior to the fair trial and legal verdict ..then I suppose it does not matter
what theory, information or dialogue I or anyone else brings to the thread ....seems there are way too many here that attack in tones that are very off putting to those of us that do not and have never subscribed to the "popular thoughts en masses".
JMO~

You're equally eloquent if not more so!

If Christina didn't have that uncaring bf, a recent breakup involving a triangle and the connection to druggies, I'd think it logical EA was the only perp possible.
Like if CM had been abducted by a random person she didn't know.
The extenuating circumstances, to include her outing with the old (some rumored to be former) friends, really complicates arriving at the simplest solution for me.
I can't help it that her live in bf, or anybody else, didn't report her missing for over four days.
I'll just say it, I want that b* bf to be guilty.
I'm prejudice against crappy bf's I guess and have my reasons.

BBM

I'm with you on the BF and I can't understand how JM standing up for him and saying he feels awful. Really?

I don't believe HF had any involvement with CM's disappearance but he needs to be slapped around a little for not reporting that she didn't come home for 4 days:slap:

JMO

You may be new, but you're right on target here!

The key to understanding how compelling (and damning) the evidence is, is seeing how it interrelates. And you see it.

He left the garage quickly after last seen on video, he claims he was nowhere near her, yet her DNA was IN HIS TRUNK (there's no way for her DNA to magically get into his TRUNK if he left her in the garage). And the ping evidence says the same thing - she left the garage somewhere in his car. But he has lied about her being in his car (which, if there was a simple benign explanation, he would simply offer it and go his way), and that's because he can't explain away why he put her in his TRUNK or why she never got back to her car in the garage.

But he's not that smart - we know what happened, despite his best efforts. Taken together, it's clear he abducted her, putting her IN HIS TRUNK and taking her somewhere against her will, and probably killing her at some point.

The resulting narrative is fairly simple
1 EA was the very last person ever seen with CM,
2 her DNA was found in his trunk (where she would never have been willingly or for her welfare) despite the fact EA claims she had never been in or near his car,
3 he has lied and lied and lied about what happened that night when he was last seen with CM and she went missing for good, and
4 she has never been seen or heard from again.

IMO we can come up with wild what-if's that really don't have anything in the chain of events to support them and explain it all away, but there is no reasonable doubt that he abducted her. Probably murdered her too.

IMO there are only two real mysteries left in this case: where did he put her, and will he get tried and executed for murder after he is convicted of AK and locked up for good. I think he might be able to escape the ultimate punishment if he tells where he put her (in exchange for a deal), but if they find her first I think he's toast, so I think the clock is ticking down on his chance for some leniency as they look.

JMO~
I completely disagree..and the like
all the the questions I ask are the same ones that WILL NOT convict EA of kidnapping or murder.
Cleaning the car,lies,unverified injuries responses just are not ones that really matter to me -since it is not a criminal act.
If there are those that just want EA to be the guilty one prior to the fair trial and legal verdict ..then I suppose it does not matter
what theory, information or dialogue I or anyone else brings to the thread ....seems there are way too many here that attack in tones that are very off putting to those of us that do not and have never subscribed to the "popular thoughts en masses".
JMO~

I didn't mean to sound like I wanted to convict EA without having a trial and having a jury make that decision. I am a person who fully believes in the justice system; even when I think a jury gets it wrong (CA).

I also agree that any one clue in this case wouldn't convict EA of anything. But IMHO putting things all together will.
If we believe the injuries could have been something innocent, why would EA lie about having a fight in a bar? If he’s innocent why lie about walking to the garage with CM? Why lie about whether or not CM used his phone? Heck if you’re innocent why lie about anything?

Then we have the DNA LE found. If anyone has a logical theory to explain how CM’s DNA made it into an innocent person’s trunk I would consider it and see if and how it fits into this scenario.

I know that I personally don’t want EA to be guilty before the trial and I haven’t read anything on other posts that suggest others think this guy is guilty, no matter what, no matter the evidence (or lack of) and should be dumped on death row right now. CM has been missing about 6 months and I believe this is the 36th thread for her. Every angle, every what if, could it be, did it happen this way has been discussed and discussed and discussed again. I can’t speak for others but after reading everything the only conclusion I can reach is that Enrique kidnapped Christina and murdered her and dumped her body.

I hope I haven’t made you or anyone else feel attacked. I know you've been on WS for a long time and I love reading your posts because they are always logical and insightful, I will just say we can agree to disagree.

JMO

The key to understanding how compelling (and damning) the evidence is, is seeing how it interrelates. And you see it.

He left the garage quickly after last seen on video, he claims he was nowhere near her, yet her DNA was IN HIS TRUNK (there's no way for her DNA to magically get into his TRUNK if he left her in the garage). And the ping evidence says the same thing - she left the garage somewhere in his car. But he has lied about her being in his car (which, if there was a simple benign explanation, he would simply offer it and go his way), and that's because he can't explain away why he put her in his TRUNK or why she never got back to her car in the garage.

But he's not that smart - we know what happened, despite his best efforts. Taken together, it's clear he abducted her, putting her IN HIS TRUNK and taking her somewhere against her will, and probably killing her at some point.

2 her DNA was found in his trunk (where she would never have been willingly or for her welfare) despite the fact EA claims she had never been in or near his car,
3 he has lied and lied and lied about what happened that night when he was last seen with CM and she went missing for good, and

IMO we can come up with wild what-if's that really don't have anything in the chain of events to support them and explain it all away, but there is no reasonable doubt that he abducted her. Probably murdered her too.

IMO there are only two real mysteries left in this case: where did he put her, and will he get tried and executed for murder after he is convicted of AK and locked up for good. I think he might be able to escape the ultimate punishment if he tells where he put her (in exchange for a deal), but if they find her first I think he's toast, so I think the clock is ticking down on his chance for some leniency as they look.

I understand that you think ONLY EA is responsible but please don't make others feel they can not have differing opinions.

#1- How would you like him to leave the garage, just sit there for 20 minutes, IMHO he left the garage like any other person leaves the garage
#2- They had Heather Elvis's DNA IN THEIR TRUNK too, see how that turned out, I know you are opposed to reading about other cases but it is helpful.
#3- If I was hanging out with a bunch of drug users/dealers and my last text to someone was trying to buy crack cocaine I would lie too, In my circle of friends, it would be more embarrassing and appalling to be buying crack than to be in jail for murder. Crack is whack and crackheads are not the most respected of individuals, sorry but I would lie my *advertiser censored* off about it, even going to jail for murder if I thought I would get off so I didn't have to admit to my mother/father I was trying to buy crack.

In my opinion it is very very likely that EA is solely responsible but to try to discount other people possibly involved is something I won't do. I APPRECIATE EVERY single thought, idea and theory posted whether you think EA did it or not, and not talking about EVERYTHING is a disservice to everyone.

I understand that you think ONLY EA is responsible but please don't make others feel they can not have differing opinions.

#1- How would you like him to leave the garage, just sit there for 20 minutes, IMHO he left the garage like any other person leaves the garage
#2- They had Heather Elvis's DNA IN THEIR TRUNK too, see how that turned out, I know you are opposed to reading about other cases but it is helpful.
#3- If I was hanging out with a bunch of drug users/dealers and my last text to someone was trying to buy crack cocaine I would lie too, In my circle of friends, it would be more embarrassing and appalling to be buying crack than to be in jail for murder. Crack is whack and crackheads are not the most respected of individuals, sorry but I would lie my *advertiser censored* off about it, even going to jail for murder if I thought I would get off so I didn't have to admit to my mother/father I was trying to buy crack.

In my opinion it is very very likely that EA is solely responsible but to try to discount other people possibly involved is something I won't do. I APPRECIATE EVERY single thought, idea and theory posted whether you think EA did it or not, and not talking about EVERYTHING is a disservice to everyone.

You would go to jail for murder you didn't commit to hide that you tried to buy crack?

Her body could be found buried in EA's backyard and some would argue that anybody could have buried her there. It doesn't prove anything. It's fascinating.

It's my understanding that the Moorer's bond was reduced. We know that didn't happen for EA. That doesn't make the Moorers innocent or mean that they won't still go to trial, so I really don't see what you mean by "how that turned out".

f
Me too. Yet, I'm also curious, since the amount is supposedly significant, why it wasn't detected when LE had the car in their possession earlier.
One would think LE tests with luminol as standard procedure when foul play is suspected.

All we know is the mat was cleaned and the cleaning residue is being tested (I guess to see if it matches the products found in the garbage collected from EA's house).
Why wasn't the DNA evidence present earlier though? Especially if significant.

The mat not being there the first time (the 11 days) LE took the car would be one reason but we don't know if it was or wasn't in the car at that time.
We can't assume the mat wasn't in the car.

RBBM

I have an out there theory. LE has said they found a significant amount of DNA in EA's trunk. You made a good point when you asked why the blood wouldn't be evident if LE tested the trunk with luminol. What if blood was not the DNA found in inside on the trunk mat?

Maybe this is just me but when I get scared, anxious, angry I really have to go to the bathroom. Could it be that when CM was riding in the trunk that she had to really go and her bladder wouldn't hold it any more. Does luminol test urine? This could also be the reason EA was cleaning with Odoban to get out the urine smell that he probably smelled fairly soon with the hot TX temps. I told you it was out there.

Of course this is JMO

I am finding your thinking most unusual. I have always thought of murder as the ultimate evil, although the sexual abuse of children surely follows close behind. The world is full of people who have tried drugs. While I do agree that drugs can cause lots of societal damage, only murder deliberately takes a person from this world forever, leaving an irreplaceable loss. However, it is that character of EA that is at issue. What is it that you see in him that would make it less shameful for him to murder someone than use cocaine?

Certainly you have a right to a differing opinion, but what is it that you see in EA that you think matches your own psyche when it comes to rating drugs as worse than murder?

Ok, the crack thing is probably not the case for most, but does it really matter adot0902 would go down for murder over crack? Let's not ignore the entire post over one personal opinion.

I'm still suspicious that EA did not act alone. We still haven't found out who the male DNA in his car was. The text messages that needed to be erased were to/from someone. We still haven't found Christina.

Do I think EA is guilty? Yes, I do. Do I think he is the only guilty party? I do not know. Do I know what he is guilty of? Not exactly.

I understand that you think ONLY EA is responsible

What I have been saying is that ALL the evidence clearly points to EA and no one else as the focal point and perp in this crime, so I have to go where the evidence takes me. And as I have noted many times, if perhaps there is anyone else involved, continuing the focus on EA helps in that area as well, because he would know who it is.

but please don't make others feel they can not have differing opinions.

Others will opine however they want, and I have no control over that - please don't try to imply that I do. I talk about what the evidence tells me, and it speaks clearly here. It would be a disservice to others if I pretended to see a haziness that I do not see.

You missed my point entirely. The fact he left quickly wasn't cited as a negative, but rather as a piece of evidence that helps prove there was no extended opportunity for EA and CM to have been together, near his car, where as they benignly hung out together while her DNA could have magically flown off of her and made its way into his TRUNK during some sort of extended interaction.

Different case, different circumstances, different context, quite irrelevant to the evidence and how it is meaningful in this one. The idea that we can understand how this case will be adjudicated, based on one snippet of evidence in that one, is not how the law actually works.

(Just to be clear, I know lots and lots about lots of cases, and have no aversion to "legal knowledge." My objection to studying THAT case is as a "guide" to how this one will evolve, because I know from experience it can't do that.)

You would accept a murder conviction and go to death row without speaking up on what really happened, so that no one would know you like crack? I don't think that's real life. In the least. For anyone.

In my opinion it is very very likely that EA is solely responsible

Perhaps. All I would say is that ALL the evidence we know about points directly at him, and all we can do is follow the evidence.

but to try to discount other people possibly involved is something I won't do.

You can do as you wish, but I will continue to observe based on the evidence. At this point, we have seen no evidence that either (a) ties someone else to CM at or after she was seen in the video with EA, or (b) ties someone else to him that night after that point. It's the evidence (or, total lack of same) that points to EA and discounts the involvement of others, and nothing else.

I APPRECIATE EVERY single thought, idea and theory posted whether you think EA did it or not.

Of course the talk is interesting. Others can share what they think, and they will. At the same time, please don't demand that I change my opinions to cater to what others want it to be.

I see a clear set of evidence that will put EA behind bars for 99 years for AK, and may eventually lead to a murder conviction as well if he doesn't work a deal and tell where he put CM. The DNA clearly shows he put her IN HIS TRUNK and, combined with the rest of the evidence, imo he's toast.

Ok, the crack thing is probably not the case for most, but does it really matter adot0902 would go down for murder over crack? Let's not ignore the entire post over one personal opinion.

I'm still suspicious that EA did not act alone. We still haven't found out who the male DNA in his car was. The text messages that needed to be erased were to/from someone. We still haven't found Christina.

Do I think EA is guilty? Yes, I do. Do I think he is the only guilty party? I do not know. Do I know what he is guilty of? Not exactly.

BBM Yes!!! My exact thoughts.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I was interested in her (adot0902's perspective) on EA specifically. I certainly think that right now he stands a good chance of being convicted of AK. I doubt he will ever get the death penalty for murder unless Christina's body is found. We have little evidence of his actual state of mind, but I have certainly enjoyed speculating that he is a highly narcissistic personality. Lacking a psych eval and testimony by an expert, EA is the cipher that we all wonder about because his is the person of interest.

I think he is guilty of both AK and murder, but I would make a very bad juror on this case. I would be excused.

As to whether or not someone else was involved, it would really be sad if this were the case and someone else got away with being his conspirator and/or boss. However, to my mind, that would not make him any less guilty. I suppose I find it frustrating that others might think that it would. I don't see of Christina's age-peers as being a conspiratorial mastermind. If there were such a person, I would look at someone older, perhaps someone with more money, more power, and a whole lot more to lose.

You would go to jail for murder you didn't commit to hide that you tried to buy crack?

IF I was a young person just starting out trying to find a career and a path YES, I would rather be cleared for murder than be a known crack user!!!!! If he is innocent he may think he is going to get a pay out for serving time for a crime he didn't commit, I know that's how a lot of young people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cortneyrose