GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anything formal happen to EA today? or does he stay as in in Collin County Jail?

ETA: I am guessing he has to publicly make his not guilt/guilty plea some where soon.

"What was said to the grand jury" is to stay there. But the general facts and evidence in the case are not the same thing as "Here's what witness X said to GJ."

The indictment is a procedural pivot point, since it means the defense will now have to be given access to the evidence. As a result, prosecutors may now be inclined to mention a few evidence factoids when talking about the case. Some do. Ya never know.

I see BF has tweeted a picture of the indictment, do we know when we'll get an online copy that's easy to read?

"What was said to the grand jury" is to stay there. But the general facts and evidence in the case are not the same thing as "Here's what witness X said to GJ."

The indictment is a procedural pivot point, since it means the defense will now have to be given access to the evidence. As a result, prosecutors may now be inclined to mention a few evidence factoids when talking about the case. Some do. Ya never know.

Maybe the defense will see some evidence that encourages them to negotiate a plea deal in exchange for the location of our beautiful Christina?

I see BF has tweeted a picture of the indictment, do we know when we'll get an online copy that's easy to read?
I think it just explains the charge, doesn't give any evidence. She will probably write up an article, though.

PPD released a statement. Bland stuff, 50 words or less style.

ETA "The investigation into this case will persist in preparation for the upcoming trial and the continued effort to find Christina Morris will remain a high priority." - Chief Rushin

Does anything formal happen to EA today? or does he stay as in in Collin County Jail?

ETA: I am guessing he has to publicly make his not guilt/guilty plea some where soon.

My opinion only but he will probably stay in the Collin County Jail. They will probably serve both indictments on him.

EA won't be personally involved in any of the procedure in the wake of the indictment. It will be made available to his attorney (that's why he has an attorney) who will then discuss it with EA. They'll wind up in the courtroom soon, when it gets scheduled, but don't expect it today.

The indictment itself typically will not be informative, instead nothing more than the case skeleton in legal boilerplate for a case of this sort. Jurisdiction, court, name of defendant, statute by number and description, statement that EA is charged with doing X (more or less a recitation of the statute) to victim Y, etc., fill in the blanks style.

ETA:
Ray Villeda @RayVilleda GRAND JURY: #EnriqueArochi "intentionally or knowingly abducted #ChristinaMorris... holding her in place... not likely to be found." @NBCDFW

any doubt of an indictment on either charge.....NOW?!

<mod snip> I don't think anyone doubts EA's guilt. Like me, they just want more, solid information. It's great he was indicted today. Now it will be up to a jury to find him guilty.

Wow.
No one here said that he would not be indicted.

However, a conviction WITH 99 YEARS! is another issue entirely imo.

Thank you for this, below ahintexas

<Mod Snip>I don't think anyone doubts EA's guilt. Like me, they just want more, solid information. It's great he was indicted today. Now it will be up to a jury to find him guilty.

Robert Wilonsky &#8207;@RobertWilonsky 26m26 minutes ago
Collin County grand jury has indicted Enrique Arochi in case of Christina Morris, who has been missing since summer
p8v3OTH.jpg

https://twitter.com/RobertWilonsky/status/575412085149933569

I guess they got the "intent" covered with intent to inflict bodily injury, intent to violate or abuse sexually, and intent to terrorize.

This thread won't move to 'Awaiting Trial' will it, since Christina is still missing?

Robert Wilonsky &#8207;@RobertWilonsky 26m26 minutes ago
Collin County grand jury has indicted Enrique Arochi in case of Christina Morris, who has been missing since summer
p8v3OTH.jpg

https://twitter.com/RobertWilonsky/status/575412085149933569

I guess they got the "intent" covered with intent to inflict bodily injury, intent to violate or abuse sexually, and intent to terrorize.

I would say so. I also noticed on his page it lists 1-6 so I guess y'all were right, it was all encompassing.

I really think Baemomma was just excited, not snarky.

That's how I understood it too. Certainly I didn't see anything offensive.

If LE suspects someone else is involved, would that have been brought up for the GJ today? I know that some here believe EA had help so when will we get that info?

JMO

I, for one, am very pleased. I have to confess that, while I was certain that he would be indicted on the sexual assault charge, I had a small fear of doubt on the AK. I cannot help but give a quiet cheer. I think it is because I saw the stakes as being so much higher on the AK charge. While this may not result in him telling where he put Christina -- in fact I doubt that it will -- I do wish her family could at least have their own certainty. I know that nothing less will bring them some sort of what people call "closure." It is a word that people use because they mostly cannot know how much bitterness accompanies it. Hope can actually be cruel sometimes. All hope gone can be devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member