GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, haven't the police already said that EA's car was unusually clean when he turned it over to them?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to understand details about the car myself.

First, LE looked at his car from the outside but EA refused to let them look inside until the following day. I believe EA's mom told him to cooperate so, the next day, he went to LE with his car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So, the following day LE looked inside EA's vehicle and saw a pipe and many electronic devices. Is this when EA's car looked newly vacuumed?
Or did LE see those things (pipe and electronics) the first day they approached EA?
Did EA remove those things, vacuum and then bring his car to LE?
Had LE already seen and asked EA about those things the day before when EA said "no" to a search?
Anyway, the first time LE had access to the car they didn't keep EA's car, right?

The idea that EA was driving around with the devices and pot use indicators out in the open when he had just kidnapped and killed a woman seems illogical.
You'd think he'd be anticipating a visit from LE so when they first approached him, the devices and evidence of pot use would be gone already.
EA ended up having five days to clean his car prior to LE beginning their investigation.

Later on, LE took the car and kept it for 11 days.
When they returned the car, the passenger seat belt was missing.
Why the heck did LE return the car to EA? I don't get it.
You'd think they'd keep the car in their possession until the labs came back (which they say proved positive for DNA evidence from inside the rim of the trunk and from within the trunk itself on the mat).

The way the investigation progressed in regards to EA's car is unusual imo.

1 No problem with someone making a mistake or typo. I wrote Holly (the victim in a different case I have been watching) for Christina, and had no problem admitting it was a dumb mistake.
2 But with all due respect, the indictments in this case were MAJOR news and discussed here at length. It was a significant event in this case as was the discovery and indictment of EA on a different SA case as well. 10 days and hundreds of posts ago, lots of discussion. ~shrug~
3 So to get back to the discussion, we'll just admit that the points being made were a mistake and move on.

We DO have a grand jury indictment. They HAVE objectively looked at (and agreed with) the SA intent (and a couple of other was well). There is indeed enough evidence of SA or AK, and someone other than LE has looked at it and weighed it as being proven/provable.

What are you talking about he certainly has been indicted by the grand jury for kidnapping and sa.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...cts-arochi-in-christina-morris-case/24724015/

I thought SA doesn't have to be proven, just he AK does.
Oh, are you taking about the other case? The case involving the 16 yo?

People have posted LE used the SA reason/theory as probable cause, to help obtain a search warrant to look into EA's stuff, for the reason EA kidnapped Christina.

It bothers me that LE used the reason of SA if it isn't the real reason why EA kidnapped CM.
Other people aren't concerned if the reason proposed by LE is true or not.
They claim, legally, it doesn't matter. Am I stating this correctly?

To keep the record straight, your statement of what evidence they have is only based on what YOU know, and I would suggest your knowledge is lacking since you apparently don't even know there are MULTIPLE indictments against EA awaiting to be tried.

The GJ said there is evidence of SA, plus of other aggravating factors as well.

Not that the rest of us know a lot more, since LE has chosen to keep their evidence under wraps as much as possible, but clearly they have plenty of evidence to take multiple cases against EA to trial.

And, it would appear from their statements, they have much more evidence that we have never seen. Some of it may have been shown to the GJ, who knows? So imo it's fair to speculate on what additional evidence against EA that might be. Who knows what all they learned from the search of the Arochi house, garage, and computer, as well as from the seizure of EAs car?

I know. But, as I explained once, some of us followed a case when everyone thought the same thing you're saying about this one. Except, the Sunshine Laws allowed us to follow along as the case unfolded and was being prepared. Still I wondered where the evidence was that placed the victim with the accused at the time of her death.
Just because some people can see how it happened in their own minds doesn't mean other people will make the same leap if the evidence is lacking.
I'm referring to the murder charges.

People have posted LE used the SA reason/theory as probable cause, to help obtain a search warrant to look into EA's stuff, for the reason EA kidnapped Christina.

It bothers me that LE used the reason of SA if it isn't the real reason why EA kidnapped CM.

Maybe they can prove sexual assault. We don't know. I do not think LE just pulls things out of the air, especially since motive is not a requirement.

Maybe they can prove sexual assault. We don't know. I do not think LE just pulls things out of the air, especially since motive is not a requirement.

LE doesn't pull things out of the air but they went by what SB told them relative to her experience with EA.
A lot was going on with CM during the time she went missing besides EA being the one walking with her to the garage.
The last text (obtaining drugs) concerns me a lot.
I know other people aren't giving the rock request much thought.
I am and still think it may play a roll in what happened to Christina.

It is possible that EA's DNA was in the form of semen, for example.

I'm going to look up the answer to my own question about the distance of the gantry.
If people know the details of the case so well, what would it hurt to answer a simple question? Oh, I should know the answer by now, right?
It's my way or the highway attitude around here sometimes - just saying. :gaah:

Maybe I am too blinded by EA's guilt but when I look at the evidence we already know, I feel they have a strong case against him. Yes some things need clarification more in depth but looking at the facts we have I cant see how there can be anything but a guilty verdict.

Oh, I do think that they have a strong case for AK, but not as concerns actual motive.

I suppose I should say where I am coming from myself. I am a former victim advocate and CASA and an ardent feminist. I have long believed sexual abuse crimes are not so much crimes of sex alone but of hatred, anger, and violence. Men (and women!) have all kinds of sexual urges and fantasies but we do not act on them. It takes a mind set of anger, hatred, or sometimes even self-loathing to enact the crime of violence that sexual/assault actually are. Psychologically there are different types of rapists and child molesters. One of these is referred to as power and control rapist. I think that if EA committed SA in his kidnapping of Christina, that that is most likely the kind of rapist that he is. His relationship with that teenage girl may have been exploitative, but that would have never satisfied his kink.

For me the word "frustrated" is pretty lame.

I am wondering though if the aggravated part of the AK requires something like the sexual motive to actually prove AK?

I'm going to look up the answer to my own question about the distance of the gantry.
If people know the details of the case so well, what would it hurt to answer a simple question? Oh, I should know the answer by now, right?

Respectfully WBG, I'm guessing that most of us would have to look that up.. I know a lot of facts about this case, but not actual mileage stats..:peace:

An emotionally powerful link. On DP: For me it is The State of Texas; Corsicana, Texas specifically; a certain ex-governor; and Cameron Todd Willingham.
Wow daisytrail, you are really on top of things, I just read about that yesterday. Another case where the prosecution just wanted a win, didn't care about justice at all. The father was put to death in 2004, 11 years later the prosecutor is accused of withholding evidence by the state bar, it's not going to help the executed father now.

I am watching a show called American Crime. I am guessing its a new series. It is about how 1 crime effects so many people. I cant help but think of Christina and her loved ones.

I am watching a show called American Crime. I am guessing its a new series. It is about how 1 crime effects so many people. I cant help but think of Christina and her loved ones.

I am not smart enough to follow that. It is so complicated! Previously my poor brain cells were taxed by How to Get Away with Murder. I hated to miss it. I cannot wait for the fall season. In the meantime, I shall settle into something more my speed: Dancing with the Stars.

Yes, but we sort of have to take their word for it that they have such good stuff in support of the indictment. The trial will show how good it is, or not.

I certainly agree with this point. But fyi, the post of mine you were addressing was not being offered to endorse the unknown facts that have been gathered as saying anything in particular, but rather to reply to the implication that LE might not have been astute enough to do basic investigative info gathering in the first place.

We're talking about "no brainers" (as they were described in the post I replied to) for an investigator, of talking with, and checking out phone records and photos and selfies and such, of people who were at the party with the victim on the evening she was abducted. Given the fact that this case has been active for more than 6 months, either we have to assume LE people are brainless, or that long ago they did such basic and obvious PI tasks while investigating what happened that evening.

I work on the belief that LE in this case is indeed smart. Therefore I trust they would have done such basic stuff long ago, and that where they are at this point already considers info gathered from doing those ABCs (including checking out everyone who was at the party, asking detailed questions, asking for pics and phone logs, and so on). We the public don't know exactly what they found, but I trust that the direction the case has taken is properly reflective of what they learned.

This struck me because I have never heard that Texas had such a high frequency of executions: Executions happen weekly, public record

Texas Executions: Cumulative 1976-February 11, 2015 = 521
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/state-execution-rates

If you had 50 per year (one per week) for 40 years, there would be 2000 executions, I think.

There were only 10 executions in Texas in 2014.
(Yes, Texas did have the highest number in the US last year, but Florida was a close 2nd with 8 executions.)
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/execution-list-2014

You're right...it was a figure of speech, not factual or else I would have posted a link, like you have provided above. Thanks for the factual info to TX executions..it might help others understand some extra details about CJ in this state. Most households also legally keep loaded weapons for our personal protection. That might be unknown to some folks as well.

WBG- why not just look up on the Case Map that's been assembled by Catpatrol? I know the case just as much as you, sometimes repeating the unchanging details it is futile.

Daisy, thanks for your interest! But this forum is about Christina and justice for her, not about me, and I'd rather keep it that way. :smile:

Woe I was just responding to Quailfoot saying EA hasn't been indicted by a grand jury. Just a correction to keep the facts straight. Yes the sa was for the 16 year old.

Has the theory been discussed about a possible date rape drug being used?
I am reading how some are questioning about how there couldn't be any evidence of SA since there is no body. What if they found remnants, wrapping or other sorts of evidence of date rape drugs...or perhaps what if SB told them that she herself was drugged by EA that night (Just lucky enough that her friends unknowingly helped her avoid a SA).

Maybe the "good rock" text was his way of luring her into some sort of communication just to get her in his car....hey let's go get some "good rock" we both need some to stay awake while we're at work in a few hours.

This struck me because I have never heard that Texas had such a high frequency of executions: Executions happen weekly, public record

Texas Executions: Cumulative 1976-February 11, 2015 = 521
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/state-execution-rates

If you had 50 per year (one per week) for 40 years, there would be 2000 executions, I think.

There were only 10 executions in Texas in 2014.
(Yes, Texas did have the highest number in the US last year, but Florida was a close 2nd with 8 executions.)
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/execution-list-2014

My point is that TX isn't a place where you'd want to commit a severe crime, especially considering the nature of this state's reputation regarding race, religion, gun laws and the CJ system itself. Just my 2 cents...again, check the facts for yourself. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/reports#YER

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors