GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #40 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve S I am so glad you follow this case :) your knowledge is amazing!

I'v just been having a look on EA's jail page.
I was looking at the people who are being served with the papers to appear in court. I'm confused at some of the status. I'm taking it the only ones who have received it say SERVED. So not naming names or anything does this mean that some people are avoiding them? Or have they been served them and it just says different things? As there's different wording in a few of them.

05/30/2016 Motion
Comments: Motions to Suppress: Warrants that Violate the 4th Amendment's Particularity Requirement Under Groh V. Ramirez

05/30/2016 Motion
Comments: Defendant's Motion to Suppress Personal Writings Seized Pursuant to any Search with or without a Warrant and Motion in Limine: "Personal Writings of the Accused"

05/30/2016 Motion
Comments: Defendant's Motion to Suppress Data Obtained From the installation of A Mobile Tracking Devise on the Defendant's Vehicle by a Court Order.

05/30/2016 Motion
Comments: Motion to Suppress: Defendant's Cell Phone records and Historical Cell Tower Data Obtained on September 4, 2014

https://apps.collincountytx.gov/JudicialRecords/Case/1387104/100/Other|Inmate Detail

05/30/2016 Motion
Comments: Motions to Suppress: Warrants that Violate the 4th Amendment's Particularity Requirement Under Groh V. Ramirez

05/30/2016 Motion
Comments: Defendant's Motion to Suppress Personal Writings Seized Pursuant to any Search with or without a Warrant and Motion in Limine: "Personal Writings of the Accused"

05/30/2016 Motion
Comments: Defendant's Motion to Suppress Data Obtained From the installation of A Mobile Tracking Devise on the Defendant's Vehicle by a Court Order.

05/30/2016 Motion
Comments: Motion to Suppress: Defendant's Cell Phone records and Historical Cell Tower Data Obtained on September 4, 2014

https://apps.collincountytx.gov/JudicialRecords/Case/1387104/100/Other|Inmate Detail

I really hope they didn't screw up the warrant paperwork somehow and all the evidence they have gets thrown out. :gaah:

Still think of you daily, Christina. Your justice is coming sweet girl.
#Can'tStopWon'tStop

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

05/30/2016 Motion

05/30/2016 Motion

05/30/2016 Motion

05/30/2016 Motion

At least it looks like PPD were boxing clever when they only had an hour to search his car and maybe that's when they fitted a tracker to his car so that reduces the possibility that he moved or went anywhere near her again after that search. I did wonder why they were so happy for him to call the shots with that search of his car but it looks like they only wanted to fit a tracker anyway, good work by PPD if it turns out to be how it went down.

At least it looks like PPD were boxing clever when they only had an hour to search his car and maybe that's when they fitted a tracker to his car so that reduces the possibility that he moved or went anywhere near her again after that search. I did wonder why they were so happy for him to call the shots with that search of his car but it looks like they only wanted to fit a tracker anyway, good work by PPD if it turns out to be how it went down.

We don't really know when LE installed the tracking device. They did a quick search early on, with EA's consent & in late September LE obtained the warrant to impound his car. That is when they had it for several days & probably took it apart. It seems LE did need a court order to install the device. JMO IMO AFAIK

Is it today thing start with this case? Are reporters allowed into the court or is it closed?

Is it today thing start with this case? Are reporters allowed into the court or is it closed?

There is a hearing at 9 AM today. Not sure if we will learn anything from it, since it appears to be about evidence that EA's attorney wants suppressed. I'll be watching Twitter anyway ;)

ETA: It appears Valerie Wigglesworth is at the hearing https://twitter.com/vlwigg/status/739829414456762369

The man accused in her kidnapping is back in court today as the judge hears dozens of motions filed by defense attorneys in advance of his Sept. 6 trial.

“I lost count at close to 40,” District Judge Mark Rusch said at the start of today’s hearing.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...se.html/?_ga=1.163573114.714203321.1461765801

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 5m5 minutes ago
2nd motion to suppress cell phone data to determine whereabouts of Arochi is denied and overruled #arochi #findchristina

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
Affidavit on cell info states #Arochi actively interfering with investigation, telling witnesses not to cooperate - motion on warrant denied

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 3m3 minutes ago
4th motion to suppress on cell data denied and overruled. #arochicase #findchristina

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 5m5 minutes ago
Now up - motion to suppress search warrant for Arochi's Camaro #arochicase #findchristina

Prosecutor says affidavit goes into detail about Arochi's statements & his actions of cleaning car that interfered with police's job #arochi

Defense motion on Camaro denied and overruled, judge says warrant more than adequately sets out probable cause #arochicase #findchristina

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 24m24 minutes ago
Next up are warrants seeking info from Arochi's Facebook account, including photo of Camaro #arochicase #findchristina

No communication between two was found but police got other relevant info so separate search warrant filed seeking same FB info

Judge allows publicly posted photos on Facebook but other FB data to be reconsidered only if it becomes necessary at trial #arochicase

After examining case law and hearing arguments judge says motion to suppress cell phone records denied and overruled #arochi #findchristina

https://twitter.com/vlwigg

Thank you for the Twitter link. I'm refreshing like mad to check on progress. I am glad to see that most of the motions are being denied. A bit confused about the Facebook one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562