GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what I think happened to Christina. I'm on the fence about her leaving voluntarily or someone close to her being involved. But with the new information that she was selling expensive purses (either fakes or at a huge discount) what if this is a scam? What if more people are involved? Maybe she just took off, and her acomplices hoped to bring in large amounts of money through donations and other sources. It seemed odd that no one reported her missing four days, then everyone seemed certain she was dead (looking in fields, etc). She could be anywhere in the world. Just a thought.

I'm not sure what I think happened to Christina. I'm on the fence about her leaving voluntarily or someone close to her being involved. But with the new information that she was selling expensive purses (either fakes or at a huge discount) what if this is a scam? What if more people are involved? Maybe she just took off, and her acomplices hoped to bring in large amounts of money through donations and other sources. It seemed odd that no one reported her missing four days, then everyone seemed certain she was dead (looking in fields, etc). She could be anywhere in the world. Just a thought.

I'm unconvinced that the selling of the purses has anything to do with her disappearance. She only had 4 listed and it was last year. The amount of money she got from them (if she in fact sold a couple) leads one to believe that she needed extra $$ for something. Maybe to support a habit? Or maybe not even related to a habit. But, I see no connection to the purses and the night she went missing. Maybe I'm missing something....

I'm unconvinced that the selling of the purses has anything to do with her disappearance. She only had 4 listed and it was last year. The amount of money she got from them (if she in fact sold a couple) leads one to believe that she needed extra $$ for something. Maybe to support a habit? Or maybe not even related to a habit. But, I see no connection to the purses and the night she went missing. Maybe I'm missing something....

I don't think it had to do with her disappearance either. But, if the purses were fake and she knew that, then it shows she was willing to scam people for money. If the purses were real (or she believed they were real) it shows she had access to decent amounts of money (enough that she could have left on her own and had enough money to get by until she created a new life). It's only speculation on my part. I think it creates the possibility that she had sources of income that wouldn't show up by monitoring bank accounts, etc.

The funds from Poshmark would be traceable. They would either be directly deposited into her bank account or she would be mailed a check.

I, also, don't think it is directly related to her disappearance, but, it is a piece of the puzzle.

That makes sense and I def value what you are saying. I keep running through this in my mind and what if she disappeared on her own. What keeps me from back from believing that is

A) she's in her 20's, a college grad, and just starting her life. Why disappear?
B) her friends seem to be hiding something about that night (as if they were doing illegal things and scared to talk about the truth). This is backed up by officer Tilly encouraging the friends to speak up, no one will get in trouble for what they were doing that night.
C) she hasn't been spotted anywhere and there is awareness locally and also nationwide

Ugh! I'm so annoyed by this case. People are losing interest. People are forgetting. Someone needs to speak up.

That makes sense and I def value what you are saying. I keep running through this in my mind and what if she disappeared on her own. What keeps me from back from believing that is

A) she's in her 20's, a college grad, and just starting her life. Why disappear?
B) her friends seem to be hiding something about that night (as if they were doing illegal things and scared to talk about the truth). This is backed up by officer Tilly encouraging the friends to speak up, no one will get in trouble for what they were doing that night.
C) she hasn't been spotted anywhere and there is awareness locally and also nationwide

Ugh! I'm so annoyed by this case. People are losing interest. People are forgetting. Someone needs to speak up.

Agreed.
Both FB pages are at a stand still. No activity.
Even friends and family have pretty much stopped posting.
Why is the poster not going viral? Beverly Carter's FB had over 40,000 likes in less than 2 days.
Something is off.

The funds from Poshmark would be traceable. They would either be directly deposited into her bank account or she would be mailed a check.

I, also, don't think it is directly related to her disappearance, but, it is a piece of the puzzle.

Yes, but if you look at the comments, she didn't make the sell through poshmark. She gave her cell phone number to the person interested and said "text or call". It's like she was bypassing the website and making the sale directly.

Agreed.
Both FB pages are at a stand still. No activity.
Even friends and family have pretty much stopped posting.
Why is the poster not going viral? Beverly Carter's FB had over 40,000 likes in less than 2 days.
Something is off.

Everything is at a standstill. I think that Beverly Carter and Hannah Graham's case went viral because there was a lot of "action" the police were releasing info constantly. In CM's case, there has been less interest because the interest was lost once LE had nothing to release and no leads. We got a video from then and that's all.

Everything is at a standstill. I think that Beverly Carter and Hannah Graham's case went viral because there was a lot of "action" the police were releasing info constantly. In CM's case, there has been less interest because the interest was lost once LE had nothing to release and no leads. We got a video from then and that's all.

I agree. I was just thinking of other cases that have garnered so much attention due to videos. In the Jennifer Kesse case (though still unsolved), LE even released a video of a subject that you can't even see the face. When Ben Ownby was kidnapped, there was a 16 year old witness who gave incredible information regarding the truck he saw that eventually led LE to find not only Ben but Shawn. Though there was not a video in the Ben Ownby case, my point is that someone was able to give critical detailed information regarding a vehicle.

I cannot imagine why LE will not release the footage they have even if it is grainy. Somebody who is a car buff (like the Ben Ownby witness) could possibly point out some things that would be instrumental.

I'm with TxYorkieMom - I think the family should trust no one and hire a stealth PI. It seems there are too many people looking out for themselves and not Christina. JMO!

BBM

I agree. I was just thinking of other cases that have garnered so much attention due to videos. In the Jennifer Kesse case (though still unsolved), LE even released a video of a subject that you can't even see the face. When Ben Ownby was kidnapped, there was a 16 year old witness who gave incredible information regarding the truck he saw that eventually led LE to find not only Ben but Shawn. Though there was not a video in the Ben Ownby case, my point is that someone was able to give critical detailed information regarding a vehicle.

I cannot imagine why LE will not release the footage they have even if it is grainy. Somebody who is a car buff (like the Ben Ownby witness) could possibly point out some things that would be instrumental.

I'm with TxYorkieMom - I think the family should trust no one and hire a stealth PI. It seems there are too many people looking out for themselves and not Christina. JMO!

BBM

AMEN SISTER !!!:great::angel::angel::clap::clap::clap:
Personally IMO there is a great disservice to CM and her parents with the seemingly twists and turns of what appears to be intentionally contrived diversions.

I keep thinking about the Alanna Gallagher case. LE released almost nothing but they were just gathering evidence, they had a suspect. The difference in that one is that the body was found early (RIP sweet angel).

Wow! I was away for a while and you guys have been hitting it hard!! I was reading your posts, but not able to get into the conversation, and I saw (modsnip) If we aren't bringing any of these thoughts to the table, we are basically left with: She's gone. Case closed.

**About the purse sales side biz: As far as I could see, the purses did not have "Sold" labeled on their pic. Other people's items seem to be labeled like that when sold. However, as was mentioned she did give her phone number, so who is to say she didn't sell these without going through the site. That's a lot of skrilla to make on purses. Her family would have known about his side biz, though because her mom is one of her followers on the sales site.

(modsnip)

I just wanted to make mention of this, per Poshmark's terms of service:

Poshmark prohibits the sale of replicas or fakes. Please join us in respecting and celebrating the intellectual property and creativity of today's fashion designers. Members who buy, list, or otherwise attempt to sell replicas or fakes risk immediate and permanent suspension from Poshmark.

https://poshmark.com/faq

I would like to know why they all have only been searching or led to search only in the Plano/Allen/Lake Lewisville area.
Can anyone here give any explanation as to why they would not also search around her home/work area?? IMO why has that area not even been talked about or discussed??
Yes ..I know she vanished into thin air at the garage area..even the LE can not give any explanation of how she left or exited.
Yes ..I know she grew up in Allen
Yes...I know that is where she allegedly was with her friends..

It has been reported with witness to the MSM she was going back to Fort Worth. ..So WHY NOT search that area too???
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Search-Efforts-Continue-for-Missing-Fort-Worth-Woman-274404321.html
Steven Nickerson was with Morris before she went missing and said she seemed a little upset that night, but he didn't know what was wrong. He said she insisted on driving back home to Fort Worth, but he never realized it would be the last time he saw her before she was reported missing.

I was speaking to my Mom about this case last night, and we both came to the same conclusion. If we had a friend that went missing from a small party at our home, we would not speak either.
Maybe the attendees at the party have an idea or suspicion of someone and is afraid to speak for their own safety. I know I would not say a word to press or media. I would express my suspicions and concerns to LE and I would lie low. Hoping LE would do their job and discover what happened to Christina. I would not put myself or family in jeopardy. My thought is that if this person is capable of murder and or kidnapping, what is too stop him from coming after you to cover up his crime.

http://cw33.com/2014/09/25/lost-to-found-private-investigator-on-finding-christina-morris/

“It would take someone a couple of days to gather up that photo evidence and put it together
that would allow the examination of license tag numbers of people coming and going at our particular point in time,” Fisher explained.
Back in Plano, Fisher says if he was investigating Christina’s case he’d re-interview the folks who knew her best.

“The boyfriend is a good guy to go to, he knows something, he is going to know something.” said Fisher. and then there’s criminal background checks, phone records and emails

“We’ve got to eliminate people, that tells us where we are.” said Fisher

fisher knows time is not on Christina’s side, she`s been missing for almost a month now.

“We’ve got to get down to things that we know, and right now we don`t know a lot but we got a good place to start.” Fisher said.

IMO.. I agree with Fisher on all points ... my take away from all this is : EVERYTHING,any associations,any one is VERY RELEVANT and CRUCIAL to uncover WHERE she IS THEN AND NOW.
Nothing should be off the table

Years ago, when the sell of the "fake" high end bags began, I had a friend that got into that business. She was definitely selling fakes, and I'm not sure if any were Chanel's, BUT she kept them in the trunk if her car. She would rake one with her, as her purse, and then just discuss it with other women, tell them she had some, and then take whoever wanted to see the ones she was selling out to her car and would show/sell them out of the trunk.

Now, I'm not saying this was something safe or legal. This is just what I observed. Could Christina have had some of these high dollar bags in her car? Could she have shown someone a purse earlier in the night and someone else now knew they were in her car?

On the insurance on her clothing.....wouldn't that have just been basically included in her renters insurance on her apartment, if she had any? Renters insurance would have covered all of her belongings, and I believe you can specifically list the items.

JMO

That...is the problem. No one has been named POI and no one has been, officially, cleared.
As far as we are concerned...every single person that saw her, spoke to her or walked with her could be "the" one. We can't eliminate anyone, because, LE has not eliminated anyone...officially

http://cw33.com/2014/09/25/lost-to-found-private-investigator-on-finding-christina-morris/

Years ago, when the sell of the "fake" high end bags began, I had a friend that got into that business. She was definitely selling fakes, and I'm not sure if any were Chanel's, BUT she kept them in the trunk if her car. She would rake one with her, as her purse, and then just discuss it with other women, tell them she had some, and then take whoever wanted to see the ones she was selling out to her car and would show/sell them out of the trunk.

Now, I'm not saying this was something safe or legal. This is just what I observed. Could Christina have had some of these high dollar bags in her car? Could she have shown someone a purse earlier in the night and someone else now knew they were in her car?

On the insurance on her clothing.....wouldn't that have just been basically included in her renters insurance on her apartment, if she had any? Renters insurance would have covered all of her belongings, and I believe you can specifically list the items.

JMO
http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_db90fef6-4289-11e4-8641-d7c8f6d25719.html
"She worked at Nordstrom with me for a long time and she loved fashion; that was her way of expressing herself. She even had insurance for her clothing," said Haley Milam with a laugh.

About the insurance: IMHO I think people were made to believe something a bit exaggerated and stretched beyond the norm...
Did she carry renters insurance?? That would be a question only She,The landlord and Insurance Agent can answer.

That...is the problem. No one has been named POI and no one has been, officially, cleared.
As far as we are concerned...every single person that saw her, spoke to her or walked with her could be "the" one. We can't eliminate anyone, because, LE has not eliminated anyone...officially

True .... There is A Serious disconnect going on here... regarding the clearing,questioning,forensic searching,process of eliminations etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003