Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope they’ve checked the grocery store security cameras
Good point. I also hope they check ring cameras- and carefully check into any testimony by relatives or neighbors of any age who were not at work or in school at the time.

Though nobody likes to think of certain possibilities, some abductions or rage incidents can originate uhmm....."close to home". These are awful thoughts, but they need to be thought of.

The forest is so thick, crews say it's impossible to search by ATVs, and there is a heavy canopy, so it's hard to see the ground from above.

Crews still searching for 3-year-old who followed dog into woods in Texas

Yup. Walking ground searches is about all they can do. It's slow going. I'm just confused on how he hasn't been found. Do we think he would just keep wandering or would he sit down, scared, and cry until he falls asleep? Ugh. I'm still concerned about the wildlife getting to him.

MISSING BOY 3 year old Christopher Ramirez remains missing at this hour. Deputies say his family had just returned from grocery shopping to the area at FM-1774 near Foxfire Road in Grimes County, Texas. That’s just past the Renaissance festival grounds. They say Christopher was playing with a neighbor’s dog. They said they believe he followed the dog into the woods yesterday afternoon. Today, his mother said she believes someone must’ve taken him. She didn’t have her eyes off of him for more than 2 minutes.

Judging by the satellite imagery, the area is sparsely populated with less than 30 homes in the subdivision. There's a couple of pools in the area but I presume that would be the first place the search teams would look as well as knocking on doors and looking in sheds and garages.

The outlying area seems very rural and heavily wooded and it appears the only reason you would turn off the highway in that area would be to access the subdivision. That suggests to me that too many variables would have to come together for this to be a stranger abduction. What are the odds that within a 2 minute time frame some strange vehicle just happened to enter the area and scoop up a little boy? Stranger things have happened, though.

I think one of the overriding situations when a child goes missing, is left in a vehicle, playing in a bath or playing near a pool is that the caregivers believe they only turned their backs for a moment, whether that was to answer a phone, put the laundry in the dryer or check on dinner. Kids can wander quicker than you could think possible.

There was a little boy, Jude Leyton also 3 years old, who went missing in Ontario in March. He was found three days later just over a mile away from his home. Safe. His family also thought they'd only lost sight of him for a few seconds. There aren't many wild animals in Ontario that would pose a danger to humans in March, though. I do find it very worrisome that there are snakes and wild hogs out there in Texas.

IMO, I don't think this child was abducted.

Judging by the satellite imagery, the area is sparsely populated with less than 30 homes in the subdivision. There's a couple of pools in the area but I presume that would be the first place the search teams would look as well as knocking on doors and looking in sheds and garages.

The outlying area seems very rural and heavily wooded and it appears the only reason you would turn off the highway in that area would be to access the subdivision. That suggests to me that too many variables would have to come together for this to be a stranger abduction. What are the odds that within a 2 minute time frame some strange vehicle just happened to enter the area and scoop up a little boy? Stranger things have happened, though.

I think one of the overriding situations when a child goes missing, is left in a vehicle, playing in a bath or playing near a pool is that the caregivers believe they only turned their backs for a moment, whether that was to answer a phone, put the laundry in the dryer or check on dinner. Kids can wander quicker than you could think possible.

There was a little boy, Jude Leyton also 3 years old, who went missing in Ontario in March. He was found three days later just over a mile away from his home. Safe. His family also thought they'd only lost sight of him for a few seconds. There aren't many wild animals in Ontario that would pose a danger to humans in March, though. I do find it very worrisome that there are snakes and wild hogs out there in Texas.

IMO, I don't think this child was abducted.

Sadly, coyotes and bobcats aren’t unheard of in this area either. It’s such a rural area there really is no telling what’s in those woods.

Interview with the Grimes County Sheriff Don Sowell

• Grid Search 6-8 people, two teams
  • 2 dog teams yesterday
  • Christopher's following a dog story was verified by the elderly neighbor across the street.
  • No evidence of foul play or abduction
  • 2 sex offenders in the area were immediately interviewed yesterday
  • Mainly 5-acre tracts
  • Search dogs arrived on the scene quickly yesterday
  • Have had drones, helicopter up as well. ATV's, dirt bikes.
  • "Hope it wasn't chance of fate that somebody came by, It doesn't make sense yet" Sheriff
  • Search area 1.5 to two miles square
  • Exploring every possibility
  • Bio dad in Mexico, Step dad wasn't here but came by after work.
  • Asking that the public do not come out as it is so thick and it would clog up quickly.

Three year olds aren’t fast runners imho.. seems like he should’ve heard parents calling for him or searchers calling for him.

How long was it before they went to look?

Think it’s possible he did hear her calling out & thought he may be in trouble for running off so he kept running or hid somewhere?
Heartbreaking for sure

I live in east Texas, but I'm not familiar with this area. We do have some heavily wooded areas not far from me, and lots of creeks as well. Always worries me when small children want to explore the woods. I pray that he is found safe and Soon.

Update..not really new info but just updates on search efforts.

Tim Miller is there. Having Texas Eqqusearch there makes me feel better. That man and his team are saints. He took a hard hit yesterday too. The man who murdered his daughter was released on some stupid law Texas put in place that needs to be done away with. I’m actually in the process of becoming a volunteer.

Think it’s possible he did hear her calling out & thought he may be in trouble for running off so he kept running or hid somewhere?
Heartbreaking for sure
You're absolutely right. They sometimes think a game of chase is fun too.

Chasing the dog could have quickly turned to running from mom or hide and seek. We have no idea. Prayers from me for sure.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back