Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Several law enforcement agencies are working to help find the child including Montgomery and the Grimes Co. Sheriff's Office, DPS, Game Wardens, and at least eight fire departments like Shiro, Anderson, Navasota, Iola, Richards, and Bryan.

Sheriff Donald Sowell with Grimes Co. said there is a pond in the distance from the home, but are still in rescue mode not and not in recovery, meaning it's too early to say if he ended up in the pond.

"Hopefully he didn't make it that way but we're investigating as we speak," he said.

Search underway for 3-year-old Texas boy reported lost in the forest

Has anyone thought to put the neighbor's dog on a lead, walk out into the woods with the dog and see where the dog goes? I know it's not a tracker dog. Just wondering if doggo would head towards where it went yesterday. Very concerning scenario, a 3-year-old is big enough to cry very loudly, yet it's like he disappeared. MOO

So I live in Montgomery County. This is a local site that covers everything that goes on around here.

I am also familiar with how thick east Texas forests are. Do you know how extensive the woods are in the Plantersville area?

Judging from its map location which is close to the Sam Houston forest, there could well be extensive woods. At the same time, the town seems to be towards the College Station area, which is far more open.

Sometimes only 10-15 miles further west in east Texas can make a difference as the woods start to break up.

Really hoping this is the case.

I am also familiar with how thick east Texas forests are. Do you know how extensive the woods are in the Plantersville area?

Judging from its map location which is close to the Sam Houston forest, there could well be extensive woods. At the same time, the town seems to be towards the College Station area, which is far more open.

Sometimes only 10-15 miles further west in east Texas can make a difference as the woods start to break up.

Really hoping this is the case.

The trees are so dense helicopters are having a hard time looking because they can’t really see through to the ground. Plantersville is middle of nowhere type of area.

Not really any new information but this is a recent article.

Search continues for 3-year-old boy who went missing while playing with dog outside Grimes County home, sheriff says

The trees are so dense helicopters are having a hard time looking because they can’t really see through to the ground. Plantersville is middle of nowhere type of area.
Gosh, that is not good.

If Plantersville has east Texas woods, then its is also going to be a wet area and have a good number of creeks. Nearly any creek is going to have deep spots for a three year old.

Maybe the Texas National Guard has helicopters with sophisticated IR sensors that can work in the daytime and though trees?

Not really any new information but this is a recent article.

Search continues for 3-year-old boy who went missing while playing with dog outside Grimes County home, sheriff says
from your link:
Christopher was last seen wearing a bright green shirt, shorts and has red mickey mouse shoes. He is 3 feet tall and weighs about 45 pounds.
--
Will the shade of green just blend into the trees? It's approaching 24 hours missing...

3-year-old Christopher Ramirez missing in Texas | kagstv.com

Here's what we know:
  • Authorities were called to the 10000 block of Deer Park Lane near Plantersville in Grimes County just before 2 p.m. Wednesday.
  • Authorities were told Christopher Ramirez, 3, was last seen chasing a neighbor's dog near a wooded area of the Firefox subdivision.
  • Ramirez was last seen wearing a lime green shirt and red Mickey Mouse shoes. It is not known what color his shorts were.
  • Several law enforcement agencies from around the Brazos Valley, including the TDCJ and DPS responded to the scene to help search. There are K9 officers on the scene, drones and a helicopter from DPS to help. Groups of civilians have also come to volunteer to search, however, there is not a formal call by law enforcement for volunteers at this time.
  • It is known Ramirez likes to play in and around vehicles, according to his family.
  • The dog Ramirez was last seen chasing returned home.
  • Dive and rescue teams are on the scene to search any bodies of water within the search grid.
    •At this time, Grimes County Sheriff Don Sowell said they do not suspect foul play and believe Ramirez to be close by.

Another good site to watch:

12:45pm Update
Many search organizers have assisted however the boy still has not been found.
Water rescue have been searching nearby water sources.
Drones continued to be used.
The sheriff stated he will provide an update as soon as he has any new information.

I’ve circled what appears to be the nearest pond. Maybe 1/2 mile away?

View attachment 316281

When the parents say he went into the woods, what direction did he go in? When I look at the image you provided it seems he would have gone north rather than south since homes and streets are southbound with a highway to west.

@MarcelinoKHOU

Absolutely heartbreaking. Christopher Ramirez’s mother is pleading for help finding her son. He’s been missing for more than 24 hours. She says her heart is broken. She says she feels someone took her son.
Grimes County Sheriff says they’re looking at all possibilities. Right now though no indication Christopher was abducted.

video:
https://twitter.com/MarcelinoKHOU/status/1446183969175789571?s=20

Attachments

• 8A84D827-6407-4638-8F56-3F80EDA69986.jpeg
    8A84D827-6407-4638-8F56-3F80EDA69986.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 56
Will the shade of green just blend into the trees? It's approaching 24 hours missing...
I imagine that it will not help.

Depending on the area, however, the woods can be so thick that the color of shirt would probably not matter outside of a clear cut area or forestry road.

The fact that one of helicopter crews had difficulty seeing the ground implied truly thick, east Texas woods.
At the same time, one of the farms in the area had a 360 degree / google feature. At least in that part of the area woods seemed to open up alot.

As a side note, the area as a whole is probably right on edge where the east Texas "Piney Woods" start to turn into the Texas plains. Though people often associate Texas with dry plains (and rightfully so), the eastern say, 1/6 of the state is very heavily forested.

My father was an infantry soldier in Vietnam and once mentioned to me that the east Texas river bottoms in summer reminded him of his time there.

I hope the helicopters have sensitive flirs (Foward Looking Infra Red System- or something like that). Like everything, the technology has gotten better, smaller and less expensive. As a result, super capable IR systems that were once only for esoteric military aircraft, might be used on police helicopters now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiodial
Back