Found Deceased TX - Christopher White, 25, ACL Fest, Travis County, 6 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
No no no no no!!
Please don’t let this be another young man in water, and a family devastated by this loss. He was from Minnesota so would not have known the area he was in at all.
I hate that we know too many of these cases already.

Friends and family say they are hopeful to find 25-year-old Christopher White of Minnesota as search efforts have been going on all day Sunday. Crews with the Austin-Travis County search-and-rescue team have several dogs out hoping to find sight of him.

The group of friends came to Austin for ACL Fest and told KVUE they rented a home near the Colorado River. They said their friend was then last seen Saturday at 6 a.m. leaving the home intoxicated. They last contacted him outside of the patio facing the river. When they realized he was missing around 9:30 a.m, they said they began calling local hospitals and dialed 911.

Search underway for MN man missing in Austin, TX

Family searching for Minneapolis man who came to Austin for ACL

>>snipped

"White's friends say he left his keys, wallet and shoes inside the home, and that's the last they heard of him. His friends say he was only wearing blue swim trunks at the time. He wasn't even wearing shoes.

"He was very unfamiliar with the area, and by the time they came back they had been drinking and it was dark," explained Olivia Wilson, White's girlfriend, who flew out from their home in Minneapolis to help in the search.

"They'd stayed up pretty late, they went down to the pool, and then they were all just sitting on this patio here, he walked inside, it was right around 6 a.m. and he hasn't been seen since," Wilson continued."

Attachments

• chriswhite.jpg
    chriswhite.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2
Sorry mods, I didn't even think to search to see if this thread was created before I made mine. UGH. Making more work for you guys. Sorry. :(

ACL is so. so. so. so busy. I live about 10 minutes from Austin, and there's traffic on all the major roads near my home as well. I live in between a major toll road and a major highway, and it's non-stop cars around this time. THOUSANDS of people in town. Insanity.

Really hoping he's not in the water. Not sure what kind of "vibe" I'm getting from this. I don't know that I feel that anyone hurt him, but this is just weird... left all his stuff there? He was intoxicated, supposedly, so... did he harm himself? So many questions.

This body was found just minutes (walking) from where Chris was last seen.

GAH. What happened?! Decided to go for a swim, drunk?

Goodness gracious.

We were at Lake Travis a few weeks ago for a camping trip. You could be walking into the water, like a beach scenario, and it would be 2 feet deep, and then once you got about 8 feet from shore, it'd be 20 feet deep. VERY steep drop offs. There was recently a body found about 117 feet under the surface of the water, last week.

That lake is SO dangerous. Especially for people who are drinking and may not be coherent enough to get to shore.

Dang it. Darn it. If this is Christopher, why?? He was in Austin for a nice time. To enjoy good music, food, weather, and the people.
There must be some sort of study by now about young males, alcohol, & water. I just don’t understand it, and probably never will. Why does this seem to be such a reoccurrence over the past few years?

Dang it. Darn it. If this is Christopher, why?? He was in Austin for a nice time. To enjoy good music, food, weather, and the people.
There must be some sort of study by now about young males, alcohol, & water. I just don’t understand it, and probably never will. Why does this seem to be such a reoccurrence over the past few years?
My Mom was the first female Sheriff in her county in Oregon. Being new, and the only female she got sent out on all the drownings where the body had been in the water a while (they eventually totally accepted her though and she loved her job). She stated that most involved men under 30 and drinking. My condolences to Christopher's family and girlfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back