Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is the link again because everyone seems to be missing it. The important bit bolded and red by me:

"Excluded from public access" means NO public access to jury questionnaires or their answers (it does not say "just the answers' are excluded - it says the questionnaires are excluded). Thanks WANE lawyers for not being able to find this little bit of legality; is WANE searching for new legal advisors yet? That bit specifically refers to "Jury questionnaires" (!!) in Indiana. :rolleyes: IE: Jury questionnaires are not included for public access.

"Individual voir dire or side bar interview" happens in the courtroom during actual jury selection and juror's responses during those phases may sometimes be kept from the public (ie: excluded from public access) too.
Good catch @Vern and thank you.
Reading the second point carefully, as you did, makes it clear that the first point is saying that the entire questionnaire is not to be made public - not just the responses - all of it. As you note, the second point is regarding responses to questions in the courtroom (vs. on the questionnaire).

In no world is solitary confinement in a maximum security state prison better for a defendants mental health or safety than a solitary cell in a county jail.

So there’s that.
I believe he was sent to Westville for safe keeping and yes they had better medical health available than other facilities.
He had his Ipad to call and communicate with family, he had control of his overhead lights, etc.
He had others to confess to or talk with outside his cell.
In county jail...I believe he has NONE of that, he will still be a marked man and now with much less protection and less mental health care.
JMO

Couldn't the fact that the questionnaire was published on WANE mean that the public got access to it?

"Juror Safety and Privacy" ... thanks WANE. :rolleyes:
if they don’t identify who it came from, like juror number etc then I do not see how this could place anyone who may end up a juror at risk? Am I missing something?

Yes. Excellent point! :)

I guess we'd need to know what instructions/oaths the receivers of the questionnaires got. KWIM?
Can they be put under oath just by receiving something in the post?? Seriously asking!

I AGREE, However, it was for HIS safety and psychiatric care that he was placed elsewhere.

But, Hey, if his Defense team thinks he is better off in a county jail, which would be more Unsafe and less help available to him,
well, they got their wish granted by the Judge who only favors the Prosecution team.
So, there's that !!!
Maybe they don’t view whatever was offered by way of medical attention at the prison as being “help” for RA or his mental health? It’s subjective. I can’t say that I’d find that setting helpful for his mental health if I were his lawyer. Mooooo.

In my opinion only

I believe that defense submitted sufficient evidence of a 3rd party culprit at Fridays hearing.

That is the only possible thing I can think of for both defense and prosecution agreeing for the first part of the hearing to be private and then for the judge to cancel the second part.

This obviously would not exonerate RA, but it would change the states entire case.

JMO
If that happened then I imagine there will be filings this week to delay trial until other(s) are arrested etc. Would the state want to delay and try both at once? Or?

Good catch @Vern and thank you.
Reading the second point carefully, as you did, makes it clear that the first point is saying that the entire questionnaire is not to be made public - not just the responses - all of it. As you note, the second point is regarding responses to questions in the courtroom (vs. on the questionnaire).
If it is law that these questions from the questionnaire are to be confidential between the court and the recipient, then would we expect consequences for the publishing agency via the court? Eg: a fine or something? Would this be public info? Not asking you specifically just jumping from your post is all. :)

If it was actually fraudulent (the doc, not the report), what recourse if any would the court have??

Kindly provide a link that tells us this is what happened.

Thank you.
I'm not the OP but there's this...

This article mentions that in the first FM...

"The attorneys say that evidence showed that both girls were naked when their throats were cut and that Abby Williams was then redressed in Libby German’s clothes."

It also mentions the gun...

"In it [Libby's video], the suspected killer approaches them on an abandoned railway bridge and orders them to go “down the hill.” One of the girls can be heard saying he had a gun.

That are many other mentions about both these things that I've read and we've talked about them here so many times.

The part about the "strange" man is subjective of course but I think if either girl recognized BG, that probably one of them would have been spoken it as he approached?

I believe he was sent to Westville for safe keeping and yes they had better medical health available than other facilities.
He had his Ipad to call and communicate with family, he had control of his overhead lights, etc.
He had others to confess to or talk with outside his cell.
In county jail...I believe he has NONE of that, he will still be a marked man and now with much less protection and less mental health care.
JMO
I wonder what his current cell conditions are like? Why couldn’t he still have access to a tablet for entertainment / outside contact if he’s still in solitary? Just curious.

It was stated the mental health care provided was far more superior and more frequent when RA was in maximum security.
I found this interesting article that basically says jails can be far worse that prisons.

Snipped by me for focus

"...I pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 45 years, of which I have so far served two decades. During that time, I’ve experienced the squalor and dangerous conditions of various state prisons...Still, I was not prepared for what I found when I was transferred to a county jail for two weeks..."

Along with people serving short sentences for relatively minor offenses, jails house people who are awaiting trial and either didn’t get bail or simply couldn’t pay it — people, that is, who have not been convicted of any crime.

Despite that fact, conditions in these facilities are often worse, and sometimes much worse, than those in the prisons where people who are convicted of the worst crimes are confined. Jails throw people together in overcrowded units that may be controlled by the most violent people in the room. Like prisons, jails house a disproportionate number of people experiencing addiction or chronic health conditions but jails lack the resources to treat them and adequate staffing overall. Udi Ofer, a professor at Princeton University who focuses on policing and criminal justice reform, told me that jails “regularly rely on even harsher conditions of confinement” than prisons do."

if they don’t identify who it came from, like juror number etc then I do not see how this could place anyone who may end up a juror at risk? Am I missing something?
It could place the fair trial at risk, IMO...needs to be looked into and verified as to where it actually came from. MO

Maybe they don’t view whatever was offered by way of medical attention at the prison as being “help” for RA or his mental health? It’s subjective. I can’t say that I’d find that setting helpful for his mental health if I were his lawyer. Mooooo.
If an inmate is ramming his head into walls and drinking and eating from the toilet, you're saying whatever psychiatric and medical help the prison had and gave him was not helpful at all? Didn't Dr W testify that RA improved. I believe the warden also testified to the same.

I wonder why after hearing all that RA was doing, if they were alarmed, why his lawyers didn't ask for him to be thoroughly evaluated? To me, that's the million dollar question. AJMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back