TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been keeping from commenting because I was so angry and frustrated for those reasons. Im not placing blame, and of course hindsight is 20/20... but when you see something like that you do something. Period. You don't just look away and then cry a few months later when the worst has happened. I know I did.

When I was 19 my niece was a toddler. My older sister wasn't taking care of her right. I think drugs were a big part of it but I'm not positive. When I saw and knew for a fact that this baby that I loved wasn't being cared for properly I did something. I sat down with my sister and told her that baby wasn't being taken care of right and she couldn't handle it right now and I was taking her. I told her this was her chance to get herself together and after a lot of talking I did leave with that baby. At the time I didn't know if I was taking her for a few months or forever but it didn't matter.

Colton was abused. Someone saw that. Why didn't someone do something? This didn't have to happen.

I cannot even begin to express the gratitude I have for you to stand up for your niece, especially at the age of 19! We need everyone to possess the insight you had at such a young age. Now, if you can figure out how to bottle that maturity and insight, you will be a quadzillionaire!

My husband has bad acne and has never done drugs or alcohol. Acne is not unheard of at age 20. According to her friends MW liked pot and alcohol. No mention of drugs other than those. Weight fluctuation could be from morning sickness which she speaks about on her FB page. [modsnip]

I hope the baby is put up for adoption and not kept in the family. That poor child needs a chance at a normal life far away from the place the brother died.

Same here. I am in South ATX and have been in that general area, though not on that road. That and having family who know MW and went to school with her gives me chills. I want to be distanced from this whole thing but none of us with children we love can be truly distanced from the emotions and pain of hearing about the suffering of an innocent child at the hands of the one who should have been their best protector.

Why hasn't this thread been moved to the "located
" thread ?

I think it is because Colton has not "officially" been identified.

My husband has bad acne and has never done drugs or alcohol. Acne is not unheard of at age 20. According to her friends MW liked pot and alcohol. No mention of drugs other than those. Weight fluctuation could be from morning sickness which she speaks about on her FB page. [modsnip].

I never had acne until I was in my twenties. I remember first getting it my senior year of college, but throughout my twenties and even my thirties, I was on and off medication here and there. It was never related to my pregnancies. Just hormones I guess.

Cedar Park community remembers 2-year-old Colton Turner
Published: September 13, 2014, 4:55 pm Updated: September 13, 2014, 11:53 pm
Brandon Pelfrey, Colton’s father, and his family attended the vigil, but chose not to speak to the media.

According to another Facebook page, a balloon release will be held Sept. 21 for Colton’s 3rd birthday. It will be at 7 p.m. at Milburn Park, located at 1901 Sun Chase Blvd, Cedar Park.

The only “person of interest” police have named in connection to the death is Colton’s mother, Meagan Work. She is in the Travis County Jail. She was transferred Friday night from Williamson County.
video & more at link.

I wonder what her connection to that wooded area on the opposite side of Austin was.

Me three :grouphug: I'm going to say this in the most polite way I can think of. Just STOP killing kids. I cried for Bella again this morning, I cry now for sweet Colton. And I will cry again later for Jenise. All our tears for innocent lives taken, when will it stop??

Seriously. All such beautiful children.

I actually gasped reading Sept. 8 on her page. Between the repost of a quote about not having to post bail or hide bodies, and then the long thing about I miss you and hope you know I loved you, seems to me she's either consciously or unconsciously trying to rat herself out. Spooky.

What date was the I miss you post?

I'm curious about the injuries in the photo. I see some large bruises, on his hip and the small of his back and it looks like there may be some bruising at the top of his buttocks also that the shorts cover up.

Looks like a grandmother's hand holding him for the picture.

Those look like scratches to me, and they go every which-way. It's not like a line of 4 finger scratches, or anything indicating it was fingernails scratching him, and there is very little bruising associated with the scratch lines indicating they aren't switch marks. They're like, cuts.

What do they look like to anyone else? He was old enough to have described what happened to him - but I'm just curious about what would cause that pattern of wounds.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1503564599887326&set=pcb.1503565779887208&type=1&theater

Clear, repeated whip marks from a belt, fly swatter or branch.

Snapping a towel leaves a bruise, not a cut.

Many of those scratches actually have the skin missing - "carved out" by the scratch.

Honestly, this is what it looks like when you run through dense brush or have to go over under a lot of barbed wire fences.

If it weren't for the large black and blue bruises on his face in other pics, and the large bruises on his hip and back, I'd think there was a chance he went through thick scratchy brush.

I'm heartened that so few people recognize the injuries from repeated whippings. I wish I didn't. I've seen too much.

Seriously. All such beautiful children.

What date was the I miss you post?

Clear, repeated whip marks from a belt, fly swatter or branch.

It's gone. I thing it was Sept. 8th. The blue thing that talks about "it's been a good day I haven't had to post bail or bury a body" yet is also gone. The I miss you and I hope you know I always loved you was "liked' by someone who made some kind of comment about I miss her too. So it was confusing, but seemed hauntingly like something she'd write to her deceased child.

I'm heartened that so few people recognize the injuries from repeated whippings. I wish I didn't. I've seen too much.

I've seen too much too, and when I see switch or belt marks, there is always bruising on either side of the stripe. The media is calling these "cuts and scratches".

I don't know, Gitana. I was trained in social work to identify markings from abuse and if I didn't see those huge bruises on his back and hip (and the other pictures of his battered face on a different page, and the fact that he's dead and buried in a shallow grave) I'd say this child drove that little car thing into the brambles. It doesn't look like whip marks to me, at all. I guess it will come out in the investigation and trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia