TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news said that she had a history with CPS but couldn't give anymore details. So they are also culpable in this child's death, imo.

Thanks. Not a "meth face" , IMO
I agree, not a meth face.. She does look seriously disturbed.. Same blank, dead eyes. Reminds me of Scott Peterson, Ted Bundy, and Justin Rector to name a few.. AOMO

The news said that she had a history with CPS but couldn't give anymore details. So they are also culpable in this child's death, imo.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/26512299/cedar-park-police-seek-help-locating-missing-child
Colton's father is Brandon Pelfrey. He posted photos of the child, bruised, on his Facebook page.

FOX 7 spoke with Pelfrey's mother by phone. She says she hasn't seen Colton since May 30th and Work was a no-show at a recent meeting with CPS.

Police say there is a CPS history involving Colton.

I wonder how long ago the missed appointment with CPS was.

It's always so sad to me, how many people want to bring candles and balloons and stuffed animals after a child has died. We all have an attitude of wanting to help. Why doesn't this translate into helping children who are currently being abused? Why doesn't this translate into more funding for CPS, more people who step in to question a mother with a bruised child, more people who call the cops when they know a child is being abused.

Why do we stand there with our candles and balloons? That doesn't help anyone, ever. That does zero good whatsoever, except to make the public feel like they've done something to help children. We haven't. The balloons and candles help no one. It's just a symbol of our collective frustration that people who have no business whatsoever being parents are allowed to procreate in our midst, and we don't have a strategy for dealing with that. Used to be, people were publicly shamed if they had a child and no way to care adequately for that child, and everyone within earshot of this child was in jail.

This is way too close to where I live. I am pretty sure I drove by the road Colton was found. :(

It's always so sad to me, how many people want to bring candles and balloons and stuffed animals after a child has died. We all have an attitude of wanting to help. Why doesn't this translate into helping children who are currently being abused? Why doesn't this translate into more funding for CPS, more people who step in to question a mother with a bruised child, more people who call the cops when they know a child is being abused.

Why do we stand there with our candles and balloons? That doesn't help anyone, ever. That does zero good whatsoever, except to make the public feel like they've done something to help children. We haven't. The balloons and candles help no one. It's just a symbol of our collective frustration that people who have no business whatsoever being parents are allowed to procreate in our midst, and we don't have a strategy for dealing with that. Used to be, people were publicly shamed if they had a child and no way to care adequately for that child, and everyone within earshot of this child was in jail.

ONE way to help the children is to sign up to be a Foster Family. I worked with CPS for years in New Mexico. The bane of my existence (IF I could get a judge to agree to place the kids elsewhere) was where do I put that said child/children? I begged for more Foster places.

SOME say: I would have taken this/that child being posted about here, but YET ... did you sign up to do that? Please do, in your own state/county/city. Please do. You said you would.

CPS is not culpable JMO. Neither are the "friends".

ONE way to help the children is to sign up to be a Foster Family. I worked with CPS for years in New Mexico. The bane of my existence (IF I could get a judge to agree to place the kids elsewhere) was where do I put that said child/children? I begged for more Foster places.

SOME say: I would have taken this/that child being posted about here, but YET ... did you sign up to do that? Please do, in your own state/county/city. Please do. You said you would.

Thank you. Did those who said I would take that child sign up to do so? Or sign up to be a CASA volunteer? Or other meaningful contribution?

I don't want to identify myself here, but I do give in a big way. My thought is, if you post on a page saying you'd take this child, do something that puts your money or time where your mouth is. Don't just bring a balloon and cry.

You guys have pretty much said what I'm about to say, but I'm so sick and saddened by this case, as with all child murders from their "parents"/those close to the victim. WTF. I'm so angry and sad. Seeing his pictures both seemingly happy and then the abuse takes my breath away. Unbelievable. I'm sick of this. Colton - you were such a beautiful child and I'm so sorry.

In Michigan foster care is often a joke. I know a woman who wanted to give foster care to her own grandchilden who were abandoned by their mother. CPS came out to her nearly spotless house and told her that she had to keep her dog in the basement to foster because they found ONE dog hair on the kitchen counter! These were children who were cared for with great love and caring by their biological grandmother. The woman took all the foster care classes and jumped through all the hoops. Then she was told she couldn't foster because she didn't have a job with an independent income and that she couldn't count her child support for her other children as income. The grandchilden were taken away and put up for adoption. Their grandmother had raised them from birth! Then another couple I knew some time ago in Michigan, the woman was a lesbian and her husband was a pedophile and the state of Michigan let them become foster parents. They had a terrible marriage and were child abusers. Where is the justice?

I've been keeping from commenting because I was so angry and frustrated for those reasons. Im not placing blame, and of course hindsight is 20/20... but when you see something like that you do something. Period. You don't just look away and then cry a few months later when the worst has happened. I know I did.

When I was 19 my niece was a toddler. My older sister wasn't taking care of her right. I think drugs were a big part of it but I'm not positive. When I saw and knew for a fact that this baby that I loved wasn't being cared for properly I did something. I sat down with my sister and told her that baby wasn't being taken care of right and she couldn't handle it right now and I was taking her. I told her this was her chance to get herself together and after a lot of talking I did leave with that baby. At the time I didn't know if I was taking her for a few months or forever but it didn't matter.

Colton was abused. Someone saw that. Why didn't someone do something? This didn't have to happen.

Oh I'm am so sad to hear the sad ending to this angels life. RIP baby boy.

I have been thinking a lot about what we can do to help these children before we hear about them on the news. I do believe people need to err on the side of caution and report anything they believe to be abuse. What can we do to educate people to report abuse? My thinking has always been that I would rather be wrong than to have to live with the knowledge I did nothing and something bad happened.

With that said, I can understand why people believe it does not do any good to take action. I recently became aware of a 13 year old girl who was caught the second time in a "compromising position" with the same 18 year old boy in a classroom at a private school in our small suburban town (they have child care through 12 grade at the school). The administration expelled the girl and the boy (he was a foreign exchange student who was expelled at this school and placed in another small private school) and nothing was reported to SRS or the authorities. Thankfully my daughter heard about this and told me. I called the police and they interviewed the 13 year old at her home and found there was evidence of statutory rape; the police officer told me it was DEFINITELY a statutory rape situation, not a "we are investigating" but that is WAS. Within a few days of the initial report I made and before the police could make physical contact, this predator closed his FB page down and the police told me was on a plane back to his home country. I have been told he has a warrant out for his arrest if he ever enters the United States. The administration was obviously well aware of this situation before I took it into my own hands and reported it to the police (evidenced by the expulsion of the 13 year old girl and the expulsion and re-homing (school) of the 18 year old foreign exchange student.and confirmation by our local police department) yet the administration has to be held accountable for failing to report. I eventually called our local Exploited and Missing Child Unit number and reported this incident and to my knowledge, nothing was done in reference to the administration for failing to report the crime.

How do we fix this system? I am a voice to be reckoned with and I found I got nowhere trying to hold the people who should have been reporting accountable.

In Michigan foster care is often a joke. I know a woman who wanted to give foster care to her own grandchilden who were abandoned by their mother. CPS came out to her nearly spotless house and told her that she had to keep her dog in the basement to foster because they found ONE dog hair on the kitchen counter! These were children who were cared for with great love and caring by their biological grandmother. The woman took all the foster care classes and jumped through all the hoops. Then she was told she couldn't foster because she didn't have a job with an independent income and that she couldn't count her child support for her other children as income. The grandchilden were taken away and put up for adoption. Their grandmother had raised them from birth! Then another couple I knew some time ago in Michigan, the woman was a lesbian and her husband was a pedophile and the state of Michigan let them become foster parents. They had a terrible marriage and were child abusers. Where is the justice?

I just do not know. I worked for Lutheran Social Services in our area and the abuse the children went through in the home was appalling. It would take years of back and forth from home to foster care for the children to finally be removed permanently. I wish I had a magical formula for when reintegrating was not a productive option and one for when it is. I wish I could just give every child a hug and it would all be better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader