TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampering with evidence. Hmmm. That doesn't sound like murder, that sounds like covering for murder.

Did MW's cousin take those pictures to the police? Was this reported to CPS at the time? Colton should have been removed from his mothers custody at that time. What happened that he wasn't removed from an abusive situation?

From what I can tell, very soon after those pictures were taken the friends and family believed Colton was being cared for in Houston by family or friends, and so they temporarily left it alone.

From what I gather, Colton carried his mothers boyfriends last name, not his bio dads last name. His moms boyfriend appears to be a long term boyfriend and the bio dad was sentenced to 4 yrs in prison in 2011.

Mom didn't pick winners for the men she chose to date, and there is a criminal history for both men, bf and bio.

This poor child never had a chance.......

Did MW lose both her parents? If so, I think that may be why no one became alarmed sooner. Though, I still wonder about the bruises and why Colton was not removed from his mothers custody back in July when the bruises happened.

Did MW's cousin take those pictures to the police? Was this reported to CPS at the time? Colton should have been removed from his mothers custody at that time. What happened that he wasn't removed from an abusive situation?

Not completely sure of this Cubby, but I've seen numerous statements about Megan living in her car, and that she has been has been homeless for a few months. IMO, Megan has been avoiding CPS and/or LE contact since Colton was killed. Being transient, is one way to accomplish that.

From what I can tell, very soon after those pictures were taken the friends and family believed Colton was being cared for in Houston by family or friends, and so they temporarily left it alone.

thank you. I didn't read the FB info, but the question is there actual family in Houston?

While no one but mom is to blame here, I think this is going to be a situation in which those who knew wished they did more back in July when the abuse was noticed.

So, so sad. At least no one can hurt him ever again and he is safe in Jesus arms.

Did MW lose both her parents? If so, I think that may be why no one became alarmed sooner. Though, I still wonder about the bruises and why Colton was not removed from his mothers custody back in July when the bruises happened.

Snipped for brevity by me.

I did see a comment on her FB alluding to the fact that her mother has passed away.

thank you. I didn't read the FB info, but the question is there actual family in Houston?

While no one but mom is to blame here, I think this is going to be a situation in which those who knew wished they did more back in July when the abuse was noticed.

So, so sad. At least no one can hurt him ever again and he is safe in Jesus arms.

From what I heard on the radio and read on facebook, it seems there was family in Montgomery, which is just north of Houston. The more I noodle around on Facebook, the more people I see who loved that baby and had no idea he was being abused - I've seen so many absolutely darling pictures of a happy, healthy toddler. I think a lot of her circle of friends/acquaintances had no idea.

MW's cousin, who is yet unnamed.

Was the cousin babysitting or ??? Just kept them on their camera until recently and then showed them to someone and then they called the police?

Snipped for brevity by me.

I did see a comment on her FB alluding to the fact that her mother has passed away.

I saw a comment on MW's FB page from someone claiming that her mom was married to MW's dad, and it gave the impression that he is still alive.

I also suspect given the extensive criminal history and drug use by the boyfriend MT, it would not be a stretch for me to believe the cousin who took the pictures and those who witnessed the injuries could very well have been in fear for their personal safety. This in no way excuses the failure to report abuse in July, but may give a little more insight to their mindset at the time. I also think they very well could/should face charges for failing to report the abuse.

I saw a comment on MW's FB page from someone claiming that her mom was married to MW's dad, and it gave the impression that he is still alive.

Per MW FB, at least he was still alive on February 11,2013, because she had to go pick him up from prison.

Authorities wait for forensic testing on body of child
10:14 p.m. CDT September 12, 2014
CEDAR PARK – Authorities with Austin police, Cedar Park police, the Texas Rangers and the FBI are hoping forensic test results will shed more light on the cause of death of a young child found deceased in southeast Austin Friday around 2 p.m.
The body, found in a shallow grave off Burleson and Felter west of Austin's Airport, is believed to be that of 2-year old Colton Brandt Turner.

Cedar Park Police received a call this week out of concern for Colton's safety.
Those concerns arose after the youngster's father posted pictures on Facebook showing his son bruised and cut.
Cedar Park Police Chief Sean Mannix says Meagan Work gave several conflicting accounts as to Colton's whereabouts.

Parents of Missing Child Had Criminal Histories
Updated: Friday, September 12 2014, 09:46 PM CDT
We've reported Work had a criminal past. Friday night we found out exactly what she did.

In July 2012 Work was charged with cruelty to animals for leaving a horse without water. Court records call the practice cruel and unusual.

In May of last year witnesses say work punched a woman in the face at a Cedar Park night club.

Man, the more I read about Colton's parents the more angry I get. That poor baby just didn't stand a chance. He seemed like such a happy go lucky kiddo.....it just breaks my heart. I have been stuck like glue to Colton's case since it broke and this is one of the more difficult ones I have followed. He must make the most beautiful angel......RIP you sweet little man :(

I am really curious where she would of stabled a horse, if she owned it? It's not clear to me if it was hers or she was suppose to be caring for it? I have always felt that if a person can be cruel to animals, well IMO it makes them plain evil. About the woman she punched in the face, I am wondering if that mug shot of her is the result of that? Seems like violence is always near her. Interesting......

We've reported Work had a criminal past. Friday night we found out exactly what she did.

In July 2012 Work was charged with cruelty to animals for leaving a horse without water. Court records call the practice cruel and unusual.

In May of last year witnesses say work punched a woman in the face at a Cedar Park night club.

In June of 2012, Williamson County criminal court records show Work was charged with animal abuse and later pleaded guilty after a horse tied to a tree at her boyfriend’s mother’s house in Leander became tangled in its lead rope. A police report contends the animal named Rasha suffocated.
http://kxan.com/2014/09/12/coltons-death-the-players-backgrounds/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member