TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here we go! Some lowly people who have no recourse will be brought up as the sacrificial lambs.

People will puff out their chests and strut around as wielders of justice.

Meanwhile, no more money will be allocated and things will go along until the next situation when some lowly people will get the shaft and the public and politicians will not see their responsivlity in it at all.

People want a Mercedes on a Yugo budget. They wail and scream. They want adequate wages and conditions for their own selves, but feel others, especially in jobs that serve the public, should work for hours for free because they are in critical situations.

Leaving larger caseloads for those who remain, I guess, until more brand-new fresh faced college graduates are hired to replace them.

I would be very curious exactly what was reported to CPS, and when. The sister makes some statements about Colton seeming neglected, his clothing was too small, etc., and that kind of thing doesn't deserve swift and sure action by CPS IMHO. The photos of abuse, that DID get immediate attention when brought to LE, are the kind of thing that needs priority attention.

Of most concern, in this article IMHO is the last statement where the reporter speculates that Michael Turner may get more favorable treatment by the courts for telling the truth. Ain't that the way. A woman does nothing to stop a man from murder, and she gets treated more harshly. I've seen that too many times.

In a perfect world ALL CPS offices would be reviewed. Well, in a perfect world we wouldn't need CPS. It's just so infuriating that it takes children dying, dying horrible deaths, to get some action. Sadly, even after this review, I don't have much faith that a whole lot will change. It's just so sad. I really do understand that CPS case workers are totally over worked, understaffed and completely overwhelmed. But that just can't continue to be an excuse for kids like Colton and the thousands of others like him who will suffer and lose their lives as a result. I don't blame CPS first, I blame the monsters who are doing this to these poor kids. If they would stop, we wouldn't have this urgent need for help. Of course it all comes down to money, IMO. Just so disgusting and so heartbreaking......those poor babies.

It comes down to people not being held accountable. State government is an incredibly inefficient bureaucracy. If corporations operated that way, they would go out of business. I don't believe the failure to protect Colton had anything to do with money, I think it was human error because of someone not doing their job properly for years and not being held accountable by their boss.

JMO

The legacy page still says services pending at Cook/Walden/Davis funeral home in Georgetown.

It comes down to people not being held accountable. State government is an incredibly inefficient bureaucracy. If corporations operated that way, they would go out of business. I don't believe the failure to protect Colton had anything to do with money, I think it was human error because of someone not doing their job properly for years and not being held accountable by their boss.

JMO

For instance, do you mean how Justin Ross Harris was sexting at Home Depot. Or do you mean the Northwest Airline pilots who were on their laptops and missed the airpot?

How about all the banks that sold toxic assets? I could go on with pages of examples.

New charge for Meagan Work? It wasn't there before.

WORK, MEAGAN RENA
Date of Birth: 5/11/1994
Booking Number: 1437218 Booked: 9/12/2014 21:04
Arresting Agency: AUSTIN POLICE DEPT Offense #: A142550137
Facility: TRAVIS COUNTY CORRECTIONAL COMPLEX

Charges (2)
OUT OF COUNTY MISDEMEANOR
-- Cause Number: 13044122
Charge Authority: HOLD FOR ANOTHER AGENCY
Bond: $6,000.00 CASH OR SURETY
Sentenced to 0 days 0 months

-- Cause Number: D1DC14301864
Charge Authority: NEW ARREST
Bond: $250,000.00 ANY TYPE OF BOND

https://public.co.travis.tx.us/sips/

It looks like she may be at the correctional center near Del Valle... only about 5 miles away from where they had buried Colton.

Michael Turner still only has one charge...

TURNER, MICHAEL BRANDT
Date of Birth: 2/22/1985
Booking Number: 1437580 Booked: 9/15/2014 23:24
Arresting Agency: AUSTIN POLICE DEPT Offense #: A142550137
Facility: TRAVIS COUNTY JAIL

Charge (1)

-- Cause Number: D1DC14301865
Charge Authority: NEW WARRANT - CLASS B OR ABOVE
Bond: $250,000.00 ANY TYPE OF BOND

For instance, do you mean how Justin Ross Harris was sexting at Home Depot. Or do you mean the Northwest Airline pilots who were on their laptops and missed the airpot?

How about all the banks that sold toxic assets? I could go on with pages of examples.

I guess I've missed something because I'm pretty sure Justin Ross Harris is being held accountable for his actions relating to his son. Why are you mixing in other crimes that don't involve children?

JMO

I think the problem is that social workers know there are very limited foster care homes or facilities - and if they work to get a child removed from the home there isn't anywhere for them to go. And the next house they come to do to a home visit the kids may be worse and in more need of those scarce resources. And many foster care homes are worse than family homes, so you get this hopeless feeling that unless the child's home is life-threatening it's best to leave them there. And then, the social worker has to make the determination on little information whether it's life-threatening. It becomes an incredibly depressing, and hopeless cycle for CPS.

It's easy to blame social workers, or CPS in general, but they can't create foster care families out of nowhere. They have to deal with the families that are willing to foster children, and there is a campaign recently to recruit more foster families. They work with what they have.

The real solution, IMHO, is not to blame CPS, but to somehow recruit more foster homes and homes like Texas Baptist Children's Home that's staffed with caring trained adults.

I guess I've missed something because I'm pretty sure Justin Ross Harris is being held accountable for his actions relating to his son. Why are you mixing in other crimes that don't involve children?

My take on her comment/point was that government employees aren't the only sector of employees who have other priorities while on the job.

I think the problem is that social workers know there are very limited foster care homes or facilities - and if they work to get a child removed from the home there isn't anywhere for them to go. And the next house they come to do to a home visit the kids may be worse and in more need of those scarce resources. And many foster care homes are worse than family homes, so you get this hopeless feeling that unless the child's home is life-threatening it's best to leave them there. And then, the social worker has to make the determination on little information whether it's life-threatening. It becomes an incredibly depressing, and hopeless cycle for CPS.

It's easy to blame social workers, or CPS in general, but they can't create foster care families out of nowhere. They have to deal with the families that are willing to foster children, and there is a campaign recently to recruit more foster families. They work with what they have.

The real solution, IMHO, is not to blame CPS, but to somehow recruit more foster homes and homes like Texas Baptist Children's Home that's staffed with caring trained adults.

Such a nice facility. I seem to remember being referred to them for grief counseling once upon a time. Contrast with the Austin State Hospital... Or the TJJD.

I honestly don't know anything about the facilities available for placing children in our area. It's a given that demand far exceeds supply. Surely (?) there are also some publicly-funded facilities for abused children that have a good reputation. Or does the quality of care issue come down to private $$$ vs. public $$$?

I certainly hope that the local programs for abused children (like CASA, etc) see a huge upswing in donations and volunteers as a result of Colton. If the donations for his funeral expenses are any indication... they will. I truly believe its on you and me and everyone else to put our money, time, efforts where our hearts are if any change is going to happen, since depending on state agencies to help these kids is clearly an epic fail.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member