TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no words. Well I do but they would get me a time out.

I'm so sorry your "parent" was a waste of space Colton. Play free from pain now.

I am giving myself a time out because I can't can't can't find it in myself to post politely.
Poor baby he deserved so much more than this. This person who called herself a mother who dared to post photos of this child as if she loved him. She loved herself and her boyfriend. Waaaah this is to painful.

My husband is a nurse and I read him the article. He said more than likely Colton had a brain bleed. He said he would have had a headache but nothing more as far as pain goes. So let's hope it was a dull headache and no other pain....poor baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor poor baby. So Mike Turner took the LE to Colton's body. More than his mom bothered doing. Not that I don't think he's just as culpable as MW. Sickening what that poor baby went through.

<snips>

Turner told police he heard Work yelling for him. He ran outside and found Colton was not breathing normally. Investigators indicate he may have been having a seizure. Turner told investigators he climbed into the car and was going to drive the toddler to the hospital but Work told him they&#8217;d get in trouble and Colton would be taken from them.

Instead, Turner drove to a motel where Work put ice on Colton&#8217;s head because he seemed hot.

Work told investigators she fell asleep and discovered Colton was dead the next morning.

Meanwhile, investigators spoke with Colton Turner&#8217;s mother, Meagan Work, and asked her if there would be any signs of injury to the boy&#8217;s body. According to the document, Work told officers there would be a large &#8220;bump&#8221; on his head from falling down days before. She also said there would probably be bruising on his body.

&#8220;Colton had hit his head on the air conditioning unit inside of the motel room as the result of Colton being assaulted. From that point, Colton was unable to walk and was not acting normal,&#8221; the document reads.

Ok, lets see if I have this right.

BBM

He was unwell with a seizure and a temp and instead of taking him to a hospital you drive to a motel, where he also hits his head on an AC unit as a result of an assault? :banghead:

WOW.

I haven't logged on since Jessica Ridgeway passed away and it took me a while to remember my user name. I read this thread all of Friday (there was a thread on another site that tipped me off...one where a friend of the family alerted people to the search for the boy). I'm shocked. I cannot believe the scum this woman and her boyfriend are. Was he sick with a high fever and he had a seizure? Was he hot because his poor body was struggling to get better? I just can't. I've slept many nights on the floor next to my sick daughter's bed so I could be there to catch the vomit. I took a 5 week old to urgent care for a fever at 4am that turned out to be no big deal. I cannot imagine ignoring a seizure and checking in to a motel while my baby suffered. And then they just bury him TWICE and walk away. I hope they rot. Please let the system not fail us again.

I just can't today. What a . Poor baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was unwell with a seizure and a temp and instead of taking him to a hospital you drive to a motel, where he also hits his head on an AC unit as a result of an assault? :banghead:

My interpretation is that they were staying in a hotel. They day before Work brought him to Turner's work is when he hit his head as the result of the assault. The next day he was acting differently/suffering the results of the head injury and then had a reported seizure. It was then that they returned back to the hotel and kept him there instead of taking him to the hospital (because he had bumps and bruises on him from the aforementioned assault).

OK I get it now. Do we know when the pictures of his scratches and bruises were taken? Early July is what I gathered last Friday, a cousin took them? Am I remembering correctly?

So he was last seen on July 4th
Physical abuse happened before that (for pictures to have been taken)
I assume more abuse after pictures taken, so much that he hit his head and was unable to walk
Seizures begin from probable head trauma (I'm speculating)
Work decides to keep him from hospital because of abuse and the threat he will be taken from her
He dies while she is asleep

:(

My interpretation is that they were staying in a hotel. They day before Work brought him to Turner's work is when he hit his head as the result of the assault. The next day he was acting differently/suffering the results of the head injury and then had a reported seizure. It was then that they returned back to the hotel and kept him there instead of taking him to the hospital (because he had bumps and bruises on him from the aforementioned assault).

But WHAT assault? And by whom? Or are these just two completely different scenarios, one from MT and one from MW, neither of which may be the truth??

But WHAT assault? And by whom? Or are these just two completely different scenarios, one from MT and one from MW, neither of which may be the truth??

We'll probably never know. She is trying to paint herself in the best light possible (taking "care" of him in the motel). What is telling is who was honest with LE and who wasn't. She's lied from the get-go, and probably still is. At least Turner was decent enough to lead LE to his remains. I'm sure she was shocked when that was revealed to her.

We'll probably never know. She is trying to paint herself in the best light possible (taking "care" of him in the motel). What is telling is who was honest with LE and who wasn't. She's lied from the get-go, and probably still is. At least Turner was decent enough to lead LE to his remains. I'm sure she was shocked when that was revealed to her.

I agree! And that's what makes me wonder if she didn't just throw in the "assault" part in there for revenge. In the big scheme of things, one scenario is as heartbreaking as the other though.

Ah yes, thank you. I didn't see the affidavit at the bottom. The article is not worded very well IMO. The article just said drove to a motel so it seemed like the assault happened after they went there, after the seizure.

From the affidavit -

I told Meagan that an autopsy was performed on her son and asked if she could explain what was observed. Meagan was clear that Colton had died on the morning of July 7th. She however added that on July 6th, Colton had hit his head on an air conditioning unit inside of the motel room as a result of Colton being assaulted. From that point Colton was unable to walk, and was not acting normal.

MT says MW probably did something to Colton, When LE asked MW who caused the injuries she was unable to tell them....

http://kxan.com/2014/09/15/mom-colton-turner-had-a-seizure-and-was-buried/

Being in the medical field I find it odd that MW assumed it was a seizure because he was "breathing funny" most lay people describe seizures with some adjective along the line of convulsions or shaking. I have no doubt the child had a severe head injury and very likely did have some seizure activity but what was described in the link sounds more like posturing-unable to walk, talk, "funny breathing", inability to regulate body temp as evidenced by "feeling warm". I'm not so sure medical attention at that point would have been successful in that he very well may have survived but likely would have been comatose. So, so terrible!

I didn't see the affidavits at first either. So, the two (MW and MT) are still giving inconsistent stories, each incriminating the other more than themselves. Got it. And according to HER version, they actually slept one night with her deceased baby IN THE ROOM until they could find somewhere else to bury him.

Nope. I can't.

I feel like with her telling them she didn't get out of the truck at the second burial site, she thinks she'll be in less trouble. Like she was there for her son (in her mind she's still painting the picture that she's caring for him), but she didn't actually DO it. But she made sure he had a proper site.

Normal people don't think this way.

They attempted to bury him....grave too shallow...so they took his little body back to the motel....laid his body on the floor.....went to sleep. Next day, they spent the day in the motel with baby Coltons dead body on the floor. Waited til dark and off they go to bury him, again. Please, Texas, death penalty!

She even used baby Gabriels moms lie! Gave him to a couple...arghhhhhhhhhhh....probably thought she would get off scott free, also.

It sickens me. That child must have taken one heck of a beating. I'm presuming that the seizure, inability to walk, acting "funny" was due to a brain haemorrhage after he hit his head off the a/c if indeed that was what hit his head.

From the bruises that we've seen, which were in various states of healing, the poor baby suffered more than one assault. And yet the photos we've seen of Colton on a day to day basis were of a smiling, happy toddler. It's unbelievable that these children manage to keep going with the abuse and neglect that they end up having to deal with. Heartbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove