Identified! TX - Conroe, Wht/HispMale 35-55, UP82078, Jan'88 - Charles Wane Dodd

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
Glad to see so many old cases added to NAMUS:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

---

Demographics

Sex - Male
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Estimated Age Group - Adult - Pre 50
Height - 5' 4"(64 inches) , Estimated

---

Circumstances
Type - Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found - January 16, 1988
NamUs Case Created - July 9, 2021

---

Location Found Map
Location - Conroe, Texas 77304
County - Montgomery County
Found On Tribal Land - No
Circumstances of Recovery - On January 17, 1988, a citizen was scouting a wooded area for future hunting purposes located off League Line Road, approx. 2.4 miles west of I-45. While walking the area, he observed what appeared to be a lower jawbone of a human. The citizen took the bone to a local dentist, who confirmed that it was human. MCSO Deputies responded and a search of the area revealed additional human skeletal remains. The remains were subsequently examined by experts and the possible description is as follows: White male, 40 plus years of age, 5’04” or taller, with numerous teeth having been extracted. Remains probably in [the] woods [for] four-plus years.

---

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains--
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

---

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing - Off-White "Fruit of the Loom" underwear briefs (size 34-36) (heavily degraded)

Clothing - Piece of Blue cloth that may have been shirt (heavily degraded) - Near the Body

Clothing - One pair of light-colored pants (heavily degraded) - Near the Body

Footwear - One possible Black slip-on type shoe (heavily degraded) - Near the Body

---

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
This doe reminds me of Charles Wane Dodd but I feel like his medical hardware would have been mentioned.
I suppose since only partial remains were discovered perhaps the hardware wasn't located. Although it's hard to believe searchers didn't find any seeing how Mr. Dodd had so much going on (i.e., ortho-plate in leg, metal clavicle and stainless heart valve). :confused: You still earned a great job on a match, imo! ;)

Found Deceased - TX - Charles Dodd, 74, Dallas, 1 Aug 1985

I suppose since only partial remains were discovered perhaps the hardware wasn't located. Although it's hard to believe searchers didn't find any seeing how Mr. Dodd had so much going on (i.e., ortho-plate in leg, metal clavicle and stainless heart valve). :confused: You still earned a great job on a match, imo! ;)

Found Deceased - TX - Charles Dodd, 74, Dallas, 1 Aug 1985
To be honest, I have no idea how much of that would have still been intact after 3 years. Glad to see him identified!

To be honest, I have no idea how much of that would have still been intact after 3 years. Glad to see him identified!
The heart valve and the kneecap would have been small shiny pieces of metal - very attractive to corvids, sadly - and the metal clavicle could have been mistaken for random trash.

I wonder if he left descendants, and (if so) if they're still around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back