Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thursday, Aug 24th[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1) It is safe to assume Crystal was spending the night at the boyfriends based on ex texting Crystal and telling her "Maui (is this her daughter?) was hoping to see her before she fell asleep".
***Boyfriend has confirmed that she stayed with him that night.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2) Crystal texts ex back and says she will see them in the am and keep them in Dallas
Friday, Aug 25th
LET'S START WITH TEXTS TO EX
7:01 am
1) Crystal texts her ex and says she is on her way and asks if he has water, then adds that she may just stay here (guessing that means in town) since it's just rain.
**This shows her plans to go to Dallas changed from the night before.
**It also shows that the plan is still for her to go pick up the kids from the ex's home.

2) Ex responds "No Water"
**It shows Crystal read that response

QUESTION: How long is drive from boyfriend to ex's home?
8:03 am (1 hour later)
1) Ex texts and asks Crystal how much longer
***Does not show as read by Crystal

2) Ex then tells her to go pick up the kids at PBP.
***Does not show as read by Crystal

QUESTION: Is PBP a daycare? Has it been verified that the children were there and if so what time were they dropped off and when were they picked up and by whom?
FACT: Sometime between 7:01 and 8:03 the ex changed plans on her and now the kids are no longer at the home since he has now instructed her to pick them up at PBP.
11:42 am (over 3.5 hours have passed since his last text to Crystal)
1) Ex texts Crystal and says "They finally delivered the dishwasher"
***Does not show as read by Crystal.

QUESTION: The kids were never picked up by Crystal at PBP. Why is he not asking her where she is at and why the kids have not been picked up yet? When did the kids get picked up at PBP?
TEXTS TO BOYFRIEND
Friday, Aug 25th
7:25 am
1) Crystal texts boyfriend and tells him there is no rain and that she may be taking them out today (assuming she is talking about the kids)
2) Crystal sends a pic of her billboard located over this Jewelry business. And tells him "he is sweet
2764.png
<3
"

3) Boyfriend responds "I love you and will always support you"
***text shows as read by Crystal.

1:00 pm
1) Boyfriend texts Crystal and says "just checking on you let me know if you need anything at all"
***text is not read by Crystal

8:45 pm
1) Boyfriend texts Crystal and says "I'm so worried about you, I tried calling but it went to vm..."
***text is not read by Crystal

She also sent her uncle a text of the same billboard around 7:15 am.
Her boyfriend made a comment on his wall that the last time she used her phone was around 11:30 am on Fri, Aug 25th.
Her cousin said that Crystal had replied "ok" to a text around 12:31 but isn't sure that was actually her that had responded to the text.
[/FONT]

Media isn't reporting on any texts sent or read by her after 7:31am Friday, August 25. There must be a reason for this despite what BF said or what cousin said about later texts in the day. I know someone was responding to comments on her realtor fb page in the wee morning hours of August 26, (like 3 in the morning) but I believe I read that her secretary (or someone like that) had access and was doing that for her. I wish they would produce all the texts (to the public) that have been mentioned in public.

I read in one article that the bf said they only had met and started dating 6 weeks ago.
Seems a bit odd to be saying I love you so soon, imo.

Does anyone know what kind of area the ex lives in? Is it a neighborhood? Or in the country? Hypothetically speaking...could she have shown up at his house and something bad happened and then he sends the text about picking up the kids from his work to make it seem like she never showed up, when she in fact did?? Asking about the location of his home to establish if there could have been someone who saw something or if he didn't live in a neighborhood, he would be able to do things with no one seeing anything. Anyone know?

I read in one article that the bf said they only had met and started dating 6 weeks ago.
Seems a bit odd to be saying I love you so soon, imo.

Yes it does. That's normal for teenagers, but married/divorced adults with kids...it seems kind of off.

Just started following this case, and I have a dumb question. Was the dishwasher delivered to the ex-husband's home, or Crystal's (which I've read was being remodeled)? Edited to add: do we have proof that this actually happened? It's a silly detail, but it is one of the things I'm stuck on.

And an observation about the billboard: at the moment, its 6:30 am in NYC and it's pretty light out. The sun has risen already. I imagine that the sky in Texas wouldn't be as dark at 7:00 in the morning as it is in the billboard photo. So maybe she snapped the photo at night and saved it? It doesn't seem that she snapped it and sent it right away. Unless she were doing that well before 7:00 am. It's really dark in that photo; I cannot believe the photo was taken at 7:00 am.

Most current security systems are cloud based. With cloud storage, the footage either event-based or continuous is sent off to remote servers. Security companies such as Vivint do the same thing with the video.

Depends on what kind of system he has. I have security cameras. I took them down when I move to a new place six months ago and haven't put them back up, so I can't look at the system right now for reference.

But, the system I have comes with four wired cameras and a dvr with a hard drive. So, all the video is saved locally and can be accessed immediately. The system is hooked to a tv where you can watch each feed individually or all four cameras at once. You can go back and watch the footage by date from each camera.

If cops wanted the footage from my system, they would just take the hard drive in and hook it up and they could see everything that happened for the last couple of months.

It's certainly possible that the bf doesn't have a hard drive attached to his system. Like, if he's through a company like ADT or something and the footage saves to their servers only. Just saying that I have a system that was only a couple hundred dollars and it provides direct access to me to watch any footage at any time I want.

I'm still concerned about why EX never sent any follow up texts to her about why she didn't show up to get the kids. That is bizarre to me cuz according to the story, he would have been waiting around for her all day. Never a "where are you?" "What's taking so long?" "Are you okay?" Nothing. With a hurricane on its way. And then texts instead to tell her the dishwasher arrived? IMO

But then now you have BF talking about her in the past tense. That's weird, too. And to police, a statement like that is telling.

Perhaps he was calling, leaving VM.

I'm curious about who contacted who. Did uncle Jeff call the ex or did he call Uncle Jeff? And it sounds like the boyfriend didn't get concerned til after 1pm. So what time did people put it all together?

I'm curious about who contacted who. Did uncle Jeff call the ex or did he call Uncle Jeff? And it sounds like the boyfriend didn't get concerned til after 1pm. So what time did people put it all together?

Right. We know some texts were exchanged but we don't know about phone calls.

If the husband did know about the boyfriend and that she was staying the night with him, it could explain why the husband was not overly concerned about her not responding. If he's still in love with her, he's surely not happy about her spending the night with someone else; thus the message about hoping she would be home to say goodnight to the kids?

As far as I know, she didn't respond to that text. Maybe she didn't respond to her ex when she was with her boyfriend. So, when ex texts and asks where she is, maybe he assumes she's still with the boyfriend and it's not unusual for her to not respond. The dishwasher comment may have been made to try and elicit a response. 'She doesn't answer me ever when she's with him, but maybe she'll get back to me if I get her some news that she'll be happy to hear'.

Most of us have probably texted someone who was non-responsive at first, but then replied if we followed up with good or bad news. Maybe ex figured she just didn't want to talk to him, so she wasn't replying. But that she might respond if she found out more of her condo was coming together.

* I assume the dishwasher was something that was going into her townhouse as part of the renovations*

This is from the text timeline:

1) Crystal texts boyfriend and tells him there is no rain and that she may be taking them out today (assuming she is talking about the kids)
2) Crystal sends a pic of her billboard located over this Jewelry business. And tells him "he is sweet <3"

I have some questions concerning these texts.

From her response to the billboard it sounds like he is the one who paid for the billboard to be erected since she replies 'he is sweet'. As if he is sweet for putting the billboard up. Just speculation on my part of course.

I find it odd that she read this text but did not respond even with a emoji 3) Boyfriend responds "I love you and will always support you"
***text shows as read by Crystal.. . If she also loved him wouldnt she reply she did? Every time my husband texts or calls me telling me he loves me I always in turn text or tell him the same right after he does.

All of this sounds overly obsessive to me. Did she get cold feet and thought the relationship was going too fast on the b/fs part?

IMO

2) Crystal sends a pic of her billboard located over this Jewelry business. And tells him "he is sweet <3"

From her response to the billboard it sounds like he is the one who paid for the billboard to be erected since she replies 'he is sweet'. As if he is sweet for putting the billboard up. Just speculation on my part of course.

I find it odd that she read this text but did not respond even with a emoji 3) Boyfriend responds "I love you and will always support you"
***text shows as read by Crystal.. . If she also loved him wouldnt she reply she did? Every time my husband texts or calls me telling me he loves me I always in turn text or tell him the same right after he does.

All of this sounds overly obsessive to me. Did she get cold feet and thought the relationship was going too fast on the b/fs part?

IMO

Or she was not the one reading and responding to the messages!

Crystal was in a black dress, per the boyfriend but the stills he provided showed her in a light purple one.

I think the ones he provided were from a previous visit. Jmo

Notice how the boyfriend texts her around 1:00pm and does not send another text until amost 9?

And he responds with text me if you can instead of when you can.

Like he already knows she can't respond.

Jmo

IMO

Re: the billboard, it is not really a billboard, it is a LED sign that he uses to advertise and post messages to the public at his jewelry store.

Is it weird to anyone else that the BF has cameras inside his house? And then he's like "oh. I have video of her from the day she went missing but I'm only going to give you stills because it's not important and they don't show anything." Isn't that odd? Is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it was Friday when the Uncle realized she wasn't responding to texts and that she didn't show for her appts. He got concerned. He contacted her ex who told him she had texted and said she was coming to get the kids and go to Dallas, but didn't show up. That didn't set well for the Uncle so he reported her missing the next day, Saturday.

I think everything he has done is odd. Maybe I'm just a horrible person, but I feel like he's eating up this media attention and his interviews are more about him being innocent and helpful to police and such a good boyfriend than about finding Crystal. He really doesn't seem that upset about it IMO. I mean her uncle is obviously beside himself with worry and bf is like 'Oh, yeah, I gave her a phone. I gave her a computer. I took her to dinner. I put her on my billboard." It's all odd.

It was discussed earlier that he's a jeweler and since he at times works from home/brings work home they said the insurance company requires it.

And my thoughts are she was probably in various states of undress on those videos as she got ready and he may have thought he shouldn't just hand that over.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Depends on what kind of system he has. I have security cameras. I took them down when I move to a new place six months ago and haven't put them back up, so I can't look at the system right now for reference.

But, the system I have comes with four wired cameras and a dvr with a hard drive. So, all the video is saved locally and can be accessed immediately. The system is hooked to a tv where you can watch each feed individually or all four cameras at once. You can go back and watch the footage by date from each camera.

If cops wanted the footage from my system, they would just take the hard drive in and hook it up and they could see everything that happened for the last couple of months.

It's certainly possible that the bf doesn't have a hard drive attached to his system. Like, if he's through a company like ADT or something and the footage saves to their servers only. Just saying that I have a system that was only a couple hundred dollars and it provides direct access to me to watch any footage at any time I want.

If boyfriend was able to get into system to provide media with stills and then later video footage... would it be safe to say he had as much access as the provider would have had?

Is it weird to anyone else that the BF has cameras inside his house? And then he's like "oh. I have video of her from the day she went missing but I'm only going to give you stills because it's not important and they don't show anything." Isn't that odd? Is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is odd to me too.

And I question why he went to the media first instead of LE and then he only provided them with stills instead of the whole video.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member