Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only two ways she could still be alive in my mind. 1. She left on her own (very unlikely IMO) 2. She was kidnapped and someone is keeping her alive.

If I was the BF, I would be verbal too unless I had a reason to be quiet from a lawyer's advice. If you have nothing to hide, spill it and he seems to be doing that. Most of these cases bring out the worst in some ppl who zero in on a person and ruin them on social media with out any proof of guilt.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I just think if I were missing and reappeared I'd be upset to see my BF putting info about my marriage out there esp when there are kids involved. But I have definitely been certain people are guilty and been wrong before. You're right that it can bring out the worst/ruin people. I definitely don't want to accuse him of anything but I have my suspicions (of everyone, really!)

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I just think if I were missing and reappeared I'd be upset to see my BF putting info about my marriage out there esp when there are kids involved. But I have definitely been certain people are guilty and been wrong before. You're right that it can bring out the worst/ruin people. I definitely don't want to accuse him of anything but I have my suspicions (of everyone, really!)

Wasn't talking about you or anyone one on WS.Just a statement in general.

Crystal would have already seen the billboard when she went with Paul to the mall.

So why would she send him a text in the morning about the billboard?

Another reason for me to belive that it was not Crystal who send those texts.

Jmo

Here is why, as of now, the ex is my top suspect. Some of it is based on facts, a lot of it is based on hearsay, but all of it is mere speculation until we get more information. That being said...

I get the impression that the ex cared a lot about appearances. It's one thing to want to remain cordial to your ex-wife for the sake of your children, quite another to not even tell your family about the divorce. Judging by what we've heard, it sounds like the husband was very interested in keeping the family together, even contacting a psychic for guidance a couple of months before the divorce was final. His social media is littered of pictures showing a family that is very happy and full of love. According to a mutual friend, they agreed to continue to appear married on social media for business reasons, though why it would matter to either of their businesses is beyond me. She's a realtor, he works at a company that makes plastic packaging. I don't think people care if their realtor is married, but who knows. Perhaps it could have something to do with the townhouse that they (allegedly) bought together and were hoping to sell. But I'm wondering if that townhouse was actually the one that Crystal planned to move into and the ex was just telling people they planned to sell it in order to keep up appearances. That could be where the "two townhouses" rumor came from.

Anyway, I don't think the uncle was lying when he said that Crystal told him her ex threatened her by saying she'll never leave him or their home. Crystal obviously got sick of playing house at some point, or else there wouldn't be a divorce. She opened up about her ex to her uncle as well as the friend that texted her before her disappearance. If the ex was still hoping to change her mind despite the divorce, he may have laid off of her a little bit--given her some space and the illusion of freedom in a last ditch effort to convince her that he's not such a bad guy. But if so this seemed to backfire on him, because suddenly Crystal was more ready than ever to move on. She got a new boyfriend that the ex didn't know about, but perhaps he could sense that she was truly slipping away this time. They got into an argument that resulted in her deleting a bunch of photos off of FB and blocking him, deliberately threatening his illusion of the perfect family. If he caught wind of her post about being the happiest she's ever been in her life, that certainly would have affected him and perhaps even sent him into a rage. And this would have been before he learned about the boyfriend or the cruise. So just imagine.

At some point they became cordial again (probably for the sake of the kids) but her certainly didn't stop trying to manipulate her. For example, the text he sent her on the eve of her disappearance that the daughter was hoping to see her before bed. That's quite the loaded text and would make any mother feel extremely guilty. Notice Crystal's reply to it though, saying she'll be there early in the morning. It's as if she knew what he was trying to do and wasn't falling for it. Imagine being him, realizing that you can't get her to do what you want anymore.

So all of that is what I would consider motive. IMO, he's the only person who has one so far. Things were going great for the boyfriend, and while a third party crime is possible, it's extremely rare.

How could he have done it?

The kids are still asleep. Crystal texts him and says she's on her way and asks if he has water. He tells her he doesn't have any water. An hour later he texts her again and asks "How much longer til you are here?" She'd told him she was on her way, so she should have been there already. I think this was the critical period where he did something to her. Perhaps he called her on the phone and offered to meet her halfway with the kids, close to the motel, but left the kids in their beds and met her on his own. Perhaps he was brazen enough to do it when she came to the door. But the lack of panic about her showing up is very telling. While everyone was freaking out about the storm, he could have covered up his crime. I hate to say it, but if there was a shallow creek somewhere out of the way from homes/businesses, placing her there would have ensured the storm covered up the crime for him.

I think that if it was a random person, we'd know it by now. She would have had to stop somewhere, and that place most likely would have had a camera. Boyfriend's work? Camera. Random gas station? Camera. Grocery store? Camera. ATM? Camera. It was immediately made public when they took that couple in for questioning, which leads me to believe that if they saw her with random strangers on a camera somewhere they would have made that public. Especially since we still don't know if she's alive or dead! But if it was her ex shown on a camera, it would make sense for them to not show their whole hand and instead use that information to get him to confess.

I just hope we get more information soon.

I'm sure people will be able to find some holes in this theory (which, again, is mostly just speculation). The two things that make me question it myself is the whole kid issue and him telling her he doesn't have any water. Like, if in my theory he's sitting there fuming mad that she didn't come home, wouldn't he want her there asap? Why would he tell her he didn't have water? So, that could be considered pretty contradictory.

I hate even asking this question but since the death toll seems to keep rising has the MEs in the areas IDd everyone they have?

imo
I know what you mean. That thought is definitely in the back of my mind. Harvey would make it very convenient to dispose of a body.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I agree with you! It just seems that the BF is everywhere on the media at every turn! Giving interviews talking about the kids etc... That is just a fact. He claimed his innocence even. The ex has stayed quiet because I believe that is the type of person he is, and it seems she was too. I know people have speculated on him being so quiet, but that is just my opinion. The cops said in the media that they are blaming each other.

Oh no, I am so sorry to read this Tssiemer. I hope and pray you recover and be good as new very soon. I have terrible back issues myself that surgery cant help. It has really changed my life when it started in August 2003 and has grown much worse since then.

I most likely have OCD too but my adorable hubby has always picked up after himself and he helps me in so many ways due to my severe back issues even though he works a full time job. He always comes in after a long day and asks me if I need help doing anything but he has always been like that. Many times he just does chores that he knows is very hard for me to do without ever asking me. I am so thankful and blessed to be married to a husband who is very giving, loving, thoughtful, kind, and caring and has been for over 33 years now. He is just the type of man who believes in giving 200% of himself in whatever he does, whether it is on the job, being a great husband, or father/grandfather and to anyone who may be in need.

Please keep us updated on your recovery and I wish you the very best.
Does he have a single, twin brother?

If the ex did harm her, he would have to drive his car to where she was, get into her car and ditch his car on the side of the road.

Jmo
Does any of our map experts have the distance between the mall and Motel 6?

I agree with you! It just seems that the BF is everywhere on the media at every turn! Giving interviews talking about the kids etc... That is just a fact. He claimed his innocence even. The ex has stayed quiet because I believe that is the type of person he is, and it seems she was too. I know people have speculated on him being so quiet, but that is just my opinion. The cops said in the media that they are blaming each other.

He even said he has not hired a lawyer bc he does not think he is a suspect.

Totally agree with this. It really could go either way in my opinion. And as many have witnessed here, sometimes things take us completely off guard with behaviour. Often the one who screams the loudest and is the most helpful, are the guilty ones. We see the ones who are quiet and actually innocent. It's really a gamble because we have no VI's. So, we really have no idea only out speculations. Couples are so varied. Some were public with everything, some people appearances matter. However, still living with one, dating another puts a that to rest.

The text for the daughter may be a method of control, then again we have no idea how long since she spent overnight with her children. We know it was at least two nights. So maybe this was hurting his daughter and he was letting her know. Just where I am with this, I still have no clue. They are both a little shady at this point.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Crystal would have already seen the billboard when she went with Paul to the mall.

So why would she send him a text in the morning about the billboard?

Another reason for me to belive that it was not Crystal who send those texts.

Jmo
I'm beginning to think that he made sure they drove by the sign the evening before so he could he with her when she saw it. She could have snapped a photo then. Maybe she sent the txt out and the heart as a thank you the next morning after she left.

The baytown sun has an article about hiring the private investigator.

The new information seems to be her boyfriend revealing that her phone pinged from within 3 miles of 1210 park st.

The motel 6 is not within that radius. However there is the west fork of goose Creek park. I have to look more into this to see the size etc.

If anyone has addresses for her boyfriend and ex, I can make a map of all of her locations. I just don't have the information to do it

The thing about the BF is that he is putting all this info out.. unless he knows she is gone, isn't he worried about how she would react to putting all of her business out there? Also wonder if she was aware of the cameras at his home

If my husband was missing, I reckon I would have no problem telling everyone his deepest darkest secrets if I thought it would bring him home... if I wanted him back that is ;)

I don't think the bf has shared anything really odd though.

At this point, someone's surely guilty - who that is, who knows?!

The text for the daughter may be a method of control, then again we have no idea how long since she spent overnight with her children. We know it was at least two nights. So maybe this was hurting his daughter and he was letting her know. Just where I am with this, I still have no clue. They are both a little shady at this point.

I think I missed something. Two nights?

In MY opinion, the reason the ex just kind of dropped the conversation about her not being home yet may be because her behavior and reliability may have become a bit unpredictable as of late. I think I may have typed this out here once, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, were they expecting her home that night? Hence, the daughter hoping she'd be home by bedtime. Instead, mom decided, whether pre-planned or not, to not come home. Maybe just didn't tell him until the last minute, so she didn't get hassled about staying out overnight?

If she was seeing this guy on the sly, you can bet there had been other sneaking around, and suspect behavior where she isn't where she says she'll be or flakes out on plans with the family. I've seen this play out in real life with a family member. A person may think they are being crafty, but the spouse sitting at home picking up the dropped balls knows what is going on whether they admit it to anyone (even themselves) or not.

So, perhaps the spouse has gotten used to this behavior lately and has just kind of given up hope of Crystal following through on her end of the deal. Her not picking up the kids as planned could be just another example of mom off having fun and dad making alternate plans. There is no need to keep bugging her, he will deal with it on his own and possibly deal with it when she finally arrives. Or not. In theses situations a lot of things go unsaid and the hurt grows until the whole house of cards comes tumbling down and both are forced to admit "This isn't working out anymore." and deal with it.

All that said, I do not feel the husband did anything to her. Partially, this is a gut feeling and partially it's due to the behavior of the BF. Hopefully he will at least be named as a POI soon, so we can discuss him in detail here, without breaking TOS.

Yikes! That would be interesting. [emoji44]

I had the very same thought this morning about the still photos not being Crystal at all. If this were a movie or mystery novel, that would be quite the twist. As would the bf turn out to be a psycho of sorts.

I don't know what to think....there are so many possibilities. Bf, ex, stranger, hit job, client, accident...If this gets solved we may be very surprised.

Something that bothered me from the beginning is the fact that she had not introduced the children to the BF before the cruise they were taking. I think the Uncle was going as a buffer(Uncle's Friend) , I don't think she was going to introduce him as her BF to the children in that situation. IMO just odd

Something that bothered me from the beginning is the fact that she had not introduced the children to the BF before the cruise they were taking. I think the Uncle was going as a buffer(Uncle's Friend) , I don't think she was going to introduce him as her BF to the children in that situation. IMO just odd

Dr. Laura S says don't involve your children with a BF.

I agree and I think Crystal was wise in doing this.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member