Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she have been involved with a third guy? It just seems like the ex and the boyfriend have alibis.

I had the very same thought this morning about the still photos not being Crystal at all. If this were a movie or mystery novel, that would be quite the twist. As would the bf turn out to be a psycho of sorts.

I don't know what to think....there are so many possibilities. Bf, ex, stranger, hit job, client, accident...If this gets solved we may be very surprised.
Agreed! There appear to be some very interesting dynamics mixed up here. I also have the feeling she may be one of those people who everyone tries to (control is not the right word) stay in her business. I don't mean it to sound rude, however both men seem to want to be top dog and uncle seems to think she doesn't make a move without him knowing. And I don't know if all of them was getting the whole story. I have a feeling she didn't want to hurt either one of these men.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So, perhaps the spouse has gotten used to this behavior lately and has just kind of given up hope of Crystal following through on her end of the deal. Her not picking up the kids as planned could be just another example of mom off having fun and dad making alternate plans.

I imagine she probably didn't think it was any of her ex's business where she slept that night. Not that I think that's right, but it's possible that was her mindset.

Even if her ex thought she was the most irresponsible and selfish person on the planet, she contacted him at 7am and said she was on her way to his house. There was a hurricane coming! With that being the context, I just can't imagine him being so flippant about her not showing up.

Crystal would have already seen the billboard when she went with Paul to the mall.

So why would she send him a text in the morning about the billboard?

Another reason for me to belive that it was not Crystal who send those texts.

Jmo
It depends on if the sign is only on when they are open for business.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

In MY opinion, the reason the ex just kind of dropped the conversation about her not being home yet may be because her behavior and reliability may have become a bit unpredictable as of late. I think I may have typed this out here once, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, were they expecting her home that night? Hence, the daughter hoping she'd be home by bedtime. Instead, mom decided, whether pre-planned or not, to not come home. Maybe just didn't tell him until the last minute, so she didn't get hassled about staying out overnight?

If she was seeing this guy on the sly, you can bet there had been other sneaking around, and suspect behavior where she isn't where she says she'll be or flakes out on plans with the family. I've seen this play out in real life with a family member. A person may think they are being crafty, but the spouse sitting at home picking up the dropped balls knows what is going on whether they admit it to anyone (even themselves) or not.

So, perhaps the spouse has gotten used to this behavior lately and has just kind of given up hope of Crystal following through on her end of the deal. Her not picking up the kids as planned could be just another example of mom off having fun and dad making alternate plans. There is no need to keep bugging her, he will deal with it on his own and possibly deal with it when she finally arrives. Or not. In theses situations a lot of things go unsaid and the hurt grows until the whole house of cards comes tumbling down and both are forced to admit "This isn't working out anymore." and deal with it.

All that said, I do not feel the husband did anything to her. Partially, this is a gut feeling and partially it's due to the behavior of the BF. Hopefully he will at least be named as a POI soon, so we can discuss him in detail here, without breaking TOS.
I agree with this.

I have been following along this case since the beginning. There are so many good points made. Such a twisty-turny situation.

There was a quote from the uncle that said he has a pretty good idea of what happened. I will go look for it.

mrsNKY hit the point that I have been thinking. She is a woman that instills a sort of nurturing and proprietorship with the men around her. She is beautiful, smart and outgoing....I can see men being possessive about her. But not in a way that she is asking for....

Does any of our map experts have the distance between the mall and Motel 6?

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

He even said he has not hired a lawyer bc he does not think he is a suspect.

The baytown sun has an article about hiring the private investigator.

The new information seems to be her boyfriend revealing that her phone pinged from within 3 miles of 1210 park st.

The motel 6 is not within that radius. However there is the west fork of goose Creek park. I have to look more into this to see the size etc.

If anyone has addresses for her boyfriend and ex, I can make a map of all of her locations. I just don't have the information to do it

If you mean the cruise (well one of them) it was set for August 31st.

Yes! Thank you for the date!

I agree with this.[/QUOTE}

In MY opinion, the reason the ex just kind of dropped the conversation about her not being home yet may be because her behavior and reliability may have become a bit unpredictable as of late. I think I may have typed this out here once, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, were they expecting her home that night? Hence, the daughter hoping she'd be home by bedtime. Instead, mom decided, whether pre-planned or not, to not come home. Maybe just didn't tell him until the last minute, so she didn't get hassled about staying out overnight?

If she was seeing this guy on the sly, you can bet there had been other sneaking around, and suspect behavior where she isn't where she says she'll be or flakes out on plans with the family. I've seen this play out in real life with a family member. A person may think they are being crafty, but the spouse sitting at home picking up the dropped balls knows what is going on whether they admit it to anyone (even themselves) or not.

So, perhaps the spouse has gotten used to this behavior lately and has just kind of given up hope of Crystal following through on her end of the deal. Her not picking up the kids as planned could be just another example of mom off having fun and dad making alternate plans. There is no need to keep bugging her, he will deal with it on his own and possibly deal with it when she finally arrives. Or not. In theses situations a lot of things go unsaid and the hurt grows until the whole house of cards comes tumbling down and both are forced to admit "This isn't working out anymore." and deal with it.

All that said, I do not feel the husband did anything to her. Partially, this is a gut feeling and partially it's due to the behavior of the BF. Hopefully he will at least be named as a POI soon, so we can discuss him in detail here, without breaking TOS.

I agree!

I don't remember who added a map earlier but could you either add it again or gone a post number?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I analyze light direction and how it affects images for a living. Those stills are definitely not showing the same attire. (IMO)

Interesting! Thanks for sharing your professional opinion and what a neat job to have!

The family needs to hire Phillip Klein.

The other P.I. sounds very unprofessional.

20170905_141533.jpg

My amateur map.

The gray dot is 1210 park st. Her phone last pinged within 3 miles. The other points are listed for you.

For comparison, the motel 6 is 6.9 miles from the ping location.

It appears as though her boyfriend's work and her real estate office are within ping range though.

I believe I read that the boyfriend lives near his work so his home may also be in range.

Her ex is 18 miles away.

I will do up a better map if anyone has addresses for her boyfriend and ex. Adding the townhouse to the map would be good too

The family needs to hire Phillip Klein.

The other P.I. sounds very unprofessional.

Totally agree. They posted a very cryptic message on their FB page today. So unprofessional. As if to say" Neener neener neener, I know something you don't know." Ridiculous. Just don't say anything until you have something to say. Or say "We're working hard on this." So frustrating.

Dr. Laura S says don't involve your children with a BF.

I agree and I think Crystal was wise in doing this.

jmo

But they were all going on a cruise in just days. That is pretty serious involvement for a new relationship, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back