Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the PI's site:

I get the feeling that the uncle isn't ruling out anyone. He doesn't have pictures of either guy, just crystal and him.

They list her missing as of the last time she was probably viewable on the boyfriend's security system. 7:03 am. So they are not assuming that she sent any of those texts at all.

Really hope the investigator is able to search more for her phone and access store cameras. She should be caught on some as she drove.
The first thing the investigator should do is discover just how long the BF and Crystal were involved. They need to know the true lay of the land prior to the morning of August 25th.

Does anyone know the last time crystal was seen alive?

Someone said 7:03

It is NOT okay to speculate that either the ex or the bf were abusive.

:wave:

So the b/f didn't immediately turnover all of the camera footage inside? Why wouldn't he do that right away? Why produce stills when the entire footage in motion is much better? It seems if he has inside camera footage he would surely have outside footage as well. Has he turned those over to LE?

Post #708 I copied what the sheriff stated on Ashley Banfield show. During that show he said that they were going to get with BF the next day to get server for videos. I've not seen anything concerning the security videos of the outside. I truly hope they get them all.

Well it makes sense to me to focus on the most important parts of the video, to single those parts out saves time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

IMO, it should be the investigators decision on what to cut out and what to keep, not the BFs decision. That is why the investigators want the server in order to validate the time stamps and to validate that nothing has been altered or purposely left out.

Deleted because even though I spoke in general terms I want to be sure not to break a TOS :)

IMO, it should be the investigators decision on what to cut out and what to keep, not the BFs decision. That is why the investigators want the server in order to validate the time stamps and to validate that nothing has been altered or purposely left out.

Exactly! Detectives can't just take his word for it that those were the most important parts without seeing the whole video.

I wonder if the boyfriend's wife has been checked out by LE.

Tricia is still accepting donations; getting critical.
Thanks, Mercedes.

Thanks for the reminder! Let's help Tricia meet her goal so we can continue to participate here!

From a Realtor point of view a couple things stick out to me. The computer reset AND phone issues at the same time seem like an odd coincidence. Doing my work on a factory reset laptop isn't a big deal because it is a liability to keep client's personal files on my own laptop... we keep all those in cloud base storage. But phones are a huge pain to switch. In order to access houses we use a Supra lockbox on the front of the houses (Houston uses Supra as well) and you have to use either an app on your phone, OR a FOB, which is the size of a garage door opener. Most agents use the app, because it's one less thing to futz with, it is cheaper, and unless you are doing a lot of farm and ranch sales it updates easily via wifi or cellular data, and you don't have to remember to keep it charged and grab it each day. Supra & the MLS will keep a record of every house we visit and the time, and how long we were there with the box open. Keyboxes in my market center usually are only able to be opened from 8am-8pm.

HOWEVER, when you move from one phone to the next, the supra eKey app will NOT move the data over, you have to call to get a new agent verification code to set up the app, this keeps us from just sharing our eKey with other agents or it falling into the wrong hands. That means she would have had to visit the MLS office or called them during business hours (8:30am-5pm in Houston). There is no way she would have been able to just easily swap out phones, either at the apple store, or with the BF's old iPhone and be able to access Supra boxes.

Also, it is not mandatory for the Realtor to attend closings. A lot of us do because it is a service we like to provide our clients, but not being able to attend would not cancel a closing. A walk through would be delayed if escrow was not ready to close, but a lot of times we know that 3 days in advance, walk-throughs are also not mandatory, but a service we offer the client to make sure there are no surprises at the time of possession.

Legally we have to deliver a Closing Disclosure 3 days before closing. My routine is get the CD signed, schedule a walk through, then attend a closing. If her walk through with the client was cancelled at 7:20am because she lost childcare, but it was fine because his closing was delayed anyway, she would have known before 7:20 that the closing would have been delayed, especially because she would have been in constant communication with the lender about the CD and escrow about receiving the closing docs. Sorry if I am getting appointment types mixed up, I can't remember if I read she closings, showing, or walk-throughs scheduled for the other missed appointments.

Unless she has a business phone which was fine and her personal phone that had the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the last time crystal was seen alive?

Someone said 7:03

The private investigator site says 7:03. This leads me to believe that her leaving the boyfriend's house was verified by security footage. Or at least that's the last time she was seen on camera.

Question: Is it possible that the BF could change timestamp (date and time) on the surveillance video? I know nothing about home surveillance and who would have access to the system.

Notice on the last two texts the boyfriend says text me if you can instead of when you can.

And he does not respond until 7.5 hours later.

Seems kinda odd considering you supposedly love this woman and there is a dangeous storm coming. Jmo

He could probably easily change the time and date ahead of time. How easy depends on the system. I worked somewhere with lots of security and the time on our videos was always wrong because my higher up set it incorrectly

But editing it later would be more work and more likely to be caught.

He could probably easily change the time and date ahead of time. How easy depends on the system. I worked somewhere with lots of security and the time on our videos was always wrong because my higher up set it incorrectly

Interesting.

Yes. I could easily see this being done. No that it would be done easily, but in order to try to protect yourself from a life in jail crime, it could definitely be done.

Sad. I'm just confused by motives at this point. The ex-husband seems as though he would have more of a motive at this point, but just doesn't seem guilty in my eyes.

The current boyfriend is oddly so forthcoming and all over the media that it raises my eyebrow a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist