Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video is limited to US viewing only. Anyone outside USA cannot view it. This was done by the person who uploaded the video according to YouTube.

I'm in Scotland and I can view it. I put my iPad safari into private mode though.

I looked again with the street view of Google Earth using the main intersection down the road from the billboard and it definately looks as if she could have taken it sitting at the intersection an zooming in on photo. I don't think my theory but of her getting to take it stands anymore.
attachment.php

Just started following this case, and I have a dumb question. Was the dishwasher delivered to the ex-husband's home, or Crystal's (which I've read was being remodeled)? Edited to add: do we have proof that this actually happened? It's a silly detail, but it is one of the things I'm stuck on.

And an observation about the billboard: at the moment, its 6:30 am in NYC and it's pretty light out. The sun has risen already. I imagine that the sky in Texas wouldn't be as dark at 7:00 in the morning as it is in the billboard photo. So maybe she snapped the photo at night and saved it? It doesn't seem that she snapped it and sent it right away. Unless she were doing that well before 7:00 am. It's really dark in that photo; I cannot believe the photo was taken at 7:00 am.

Is it weird to anyone else that the BF has cameras inside his house? And then he's like "oh. I have video of her from the day she went missing but I'm only going to give you stills because it's not important and they don't show anything." Isn't that odd? Is it just me?

I read that he is a jeweler. I'm sure he takes some of his work home with him. We have cameras inside that point outside. I can rotate them to look inside the house and hear what's going on when I'm not there. We also have an app to view while away. Still photos on the app are much easier to send to someone than video. I have to download the video footage and a lot of times it's to large to send by text or email. It has to be transferred by cloud storage or a flash drive. We can't change the date or time without deleting the current footage stored. I tired this because the time is different at our lake house.

That's a later time than previously thought..in regards to what time she actually left the BF's house. I am also confused about the dress. Footage shows her in black and also in pink/purple. Someone mentioned the black could have been a coat, but two things here: it's August, why a long coat? And also, of it wa a coat and she removed it (revealing the pink/purple dress) why do we not see her in footage carrying it in her arms?

Realistically, I'm not sure there was any way for him to *know* he was the last person to physically see her (as far as we know, anyway).

Great point! If your girlfriend is missing and you begin to suspect foul play (which he has admitted to) why does he admit to being the a last one to see her? How does he know she never actually made it to the Ex's home???

Dear BF has also changed his story about what she was wearing, first it's a purplish/pink dress then he changed it to black. In addition, he claims he was in the shower when she left and never actually watched her walk out of the home.
Here is a little more precise weather info. It gives you the info in about 15 minute increments. No rain "yet" and 79º and high humidity that morning, so I'm thinking the black was not a coat.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Maybe! It seems like a coat wouldn't be appropriate given the warm temps. Maybe a robe.

Could the pink dress actually be a slip or body slimmer sort of thing?? It seemed awfully snug, if I remember right.

Eta- I remembered wrong. Not snug most likely not a slip.

Considering the storm and weather, it was comparatively cool morning for August. Low/mid-70s, plus clouds and rain.

https://m.accuweather.com/en/us/houston-tx/77002/august-weather/351197

[emoji202]MOO

I just don't understand how there's not more of a lead from the car. Where did the people get it? Why did they have it? Where did it come from? Was her stuff in there? Did it have gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't understand why there has been so much confusion over the dress. I mean, I understand why it's been confusing to us because we are obviously seeing two different dresses, but it should NOT be to the BF because he has the video footage of her at his house, timestamped. He should know what color dress she walked out wearing! Did his story change or did the media screw that one up?

The dress that Crystal's wearing in the video looks like a maxi/ankle dress. I thought the pink purple dress was shorter.

Agree!
Maxi Dress with a shrug or sweater.

But do we know for sure that photo was taken at the time she sent it? Especially given the way the photos looked in the condo. That photo only shows the time she "supposedly" sent it correct? So she could have taken the photo previously. Maybe not, but that is not a street light. There are no more around anywhere. Oh, well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Well if that is the moon then than picture would have to been taken on August 24th. That is because of the moon rise and moon set times.

attachment.php

attachment.php

But if it were taken on the 24th that would mean that the moon at the time it could be seen would have been seen looking west and actually a little south of west.

attachment.php

The street the jewelry store is on runs East/West. That would mean the picture would have to have been taken looking toward the west. If that is the moon it is to the left of the business in the image. Since the business is on the North side of the road that would mean the moon would have to be north as well but the moon should be slightly south of due west. I don't know if it is possible to get that picture on any of these dates if that is the moon.

Attachments

• BaytownMoonInfo0825.png
    BaytownMoonInfo0825.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 411
  • BaytownMoonInfo0824.png
    BaytownMoonInfo0824.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 407
  • BaytownMoonPosition0824.png
    BaytownMoonPosition0824.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 407
The dress that Crystal's wearing in the video looks like a maxi/ankle dress. I thought the pink purple dress was shorter.

The pink loops shorter in surveillance video. It I think it's because she's walking by something that cuts offnour view of the whole dress. I'm the moving surveillance, the pink looks longer (like a maxi) in my opinion. But it's very blurred from what I've seen. What is she carrying in her left hand, are those shoes? She's carrying something that looks like shoes in both stills/videos in her left hand. Can't figure out what it is.

I don't either. It is not possible for it to be if that picture was taken on the 25th (or even many days prior).

As to the photo, they have a super dark tint you can put in your windows down here, sort of. I say sort of because you have to have a doctor's note with your inspection that says you are sensitive to sunlight (after eye surgery for example). We had it in our Tundra when we bought it used. It was awesome because it kept the car cooler and no one could see you in the next car. Unfortunately it didn't pass Harris County inspection without a doctor's note and we had to have it removed before we could get our new registration. Taking photos through it was terrible because it looked dark out. Haven't seen a good side shot of her Mercedes to see if it has the dark tint windows. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

We currently have the darkest legal tint in the front windows of the tundra and dark tint in the back windows. If we get an overcast day like that Friday morning was I can take a picture. I can also take a picture on sunny day to compare.

I wondered about this too.

I expect LE, however, would have the info if she was ever there, at least in the lobby, by looking at surveillance video and interviewing staff at the desk. Possible too that she never entered the motel, but I'd think in a professional capacity she would greet a person inside. I don't think she'd go directly into a stranger's room, if the rooms are only accessible from outside.

Her car was found abandoned about halfway between her BFs home and her exhusband's home. That's probably a mistake to live with an exhusband; no matter the circumstances. Reminds me of Karen Swift.

So, the question is did she make it as far as her exhusband's home before something dastardly occurred? Since, she apparently doesn't have the children with her, why is her empty car parked between the Econolodge and the building next door? The car was backed in to park; thereby, hiding the rear license plate. Sheriff said he believes her car was placed at the hotel Econolodge before Harvey hit. I believe he also knows who placed it in the parking lot and it wasn't CMc.

She's very lovely. I'm sure her young children are very sad and upset not knowing where Mommy is.
So sad.

As to the photo, they have a super dark tint you can put in your windows down here, sort of. I say sort of because you have to have a doctor's note with your inspection that says you are sensitive to sunlight (after eye surgery for example). We had it in our Tundra when we bought it used. It was awesome because it kept the car cooler and no one could see you in the next car. Unfortunately it didn't pass Harris County inspection without a doctor's note and we had to have it removed before we could get our new registration. Taking photos through it was terrible because it looked dark out. Haven't seen a good side shot of her Mercedes to see if it has the dark tint windows. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.
I am only talking about the moon. Because of the moon rise and set times I posted, the moon is up and crossing the sky during the daytime. It would not have even risen yet on the 25th at the time the text was sent. So as I explained it would only be visible on the 24th in the Western sky around twilight and heading toward moon set.

I think it is impossible for it to be the moon at least anytime in the days surrounding the 25th. On the other hand if it were to be the moon and the time info of the photo says 7:20am (or whatever) on the 25th then someone would have some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur