Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her car was found abandoned about halfway between her BFs home and her exhusband's home. That's probably a mistake to live with an exhusband; no matter the circumstances. Reminds me of Karen Swift.

So, the question is did she make it as far as her exhusband's home before something dastardly occurred? Since, she apparently doesn't have the children with her, why is her empty car parked between the Econolodge and the building next door? The car was backed in to park; thereby, hiding the rear license plate. Sheriff said he believes her car was placed at the hotel Econolodge before Harvey hit. I believe he also knows who placed it in the parking lot and it wasn't CMc.

She's very lovely. I'm sure her young children are very sad and upset not knowing where Mommy is.
So sad.
I thought the car was found at the Motel 6 or did that change?

Does anyone else think it's weird the family, LE, media, etc. is being so quiet? It makes me feel like they may be dealing with a kidnapping/hostage situation. This case was gaining traction in the media and now it's just silent....no searches, no media, no press releases.... just seems odd.

The car was backed in to park; thereby, hiding the rear license plate. Sheriff said he believes her car was placed at the hotel Econolodge before Harvey hit.

Legally in TX you have to have a front and back plate. You won't pass inspection without it and you may get pulled over for it. Some get away with front plate on dash but I doubt she would have done that. Now they could have backed in and pulled front plate but if you are going to do that why not that back plate.

In my experience people who work at large plants back in out of force of habit down here. We had to or be written up by the company, everyone office personnel included. The idea was if things go sideways in the plant they don't want people trying to back out and risk running into others. You back in every time so if there is an emergency you can pull forward and make quick get away.

Me neither, and a close family member has been a realtor for decades.

There's usually a "walk-through" before the closing, just to make sure the buyer is satisfied with any changes they requested as a condition of sale.

Or maybe it's another term for "open house"?

It could just mean a showing, as in opening up a house to show to a potential buyer.

Also, if your ex threatened you in the past why would you continue to live with him and put on a front that everything was sunshine and rainbows in front of friends and family?

It makes NO sense.

Jmo
Because you get so ingrained in old habits and the cycle continues

Does anyone else think it's weird the family, LE, media, etc. is being so quiet? It makes me feel like they may be dealing with a kidnapping/hostage situation. This case was gaining traction in the media and now it's just silent....no searches, no media, no press releases.... just seems odd.
Crystal's cousin was supposed to be on Tricia's radio show last night, but she had to cancel because LE advised her against giving out information. I know that must be a terrible situation to be in for her family. You want to scream and yell and get it all out there to find your loved one, but then you have to sit back and keep quiet so as not to hurt the investigation. I'm sure they're living a nightmare right now.

Crystal's cousin was supposed to be on Tricia's radio show last night, but she had to cancel because LE advised her against giving out information. I know that must be a terrible situation to be in for her family. You want to scream and yell and get it all out there to find your loved one, but then you have to sit back and keep quiet so as not to hurt the investigation. I'm sure they're living a nightmare right now.

I can't even imagine their frustration, pain and brokenness right now. 😢🙏🏻
I pray they get answers and if there was a crime, justice.

Two things: I saw one of the news footage things showing the car in the motel parking lot. And yes it is backed in (so front end is showing out) and the surrounding cars are facing front end in. But, her car does has a front plate and it is showing.
I read the transcript of the boyfriend describing what they did the night before she went missing. They went to the Apple Store becuase he had a phone that had a problem. But they got there too late if closed at 9:00. Surprised they thought it would even still be open. I wonder if the store still has footage showing them trying to get in or even in the parking lot. Not sure why this bugs me but it does. I wouldn't think the Apple store would be open after 9:00 I wouldn't even try. Actually I would check on my phone to see before I ventured over. Made a point to say that the place they went to dinner was right near there. A lot of detail on that. I wanted more detail on their conversation on when she was leaving. She says shes going he says ok becuase he is in the shower? New lovers only 6 or so weeks into the relationship and that's it? OK? Nah not buying it. She's uber happy right now. She said more than I'm leaving. . .

Her car being backed in is odd to me. Who takes the time to do that unless leaving the car for a while? Seems like a lot of hassle if one is just stopping in at a place. But I am sure several folks will reply they always back in lol. Wonder if the seat was in position for her height and what prints might be found on steering wheel, blinker, etc...

So far I am sort of leaning toward random, though a relationship involving three people in any degree is one too many. Could be coincidental, as could be the upcoming cruise and Crystal changing her schedule but seems like too many coincidences as well.

<modsnip>

We can't discuss things like that in here. It is agianst TOS.

Two things: I saw one of the news footage things showing the car in the motel parking lot. And yes it is backed in (so front end is showing out) and the surrounding cars are facing front end in. But, her car does has a front plate and it is showing.
I read the transcript of the boyfriend describing what they did the night before she went missing. They went to the Apple Store becuase he had a phone that had a problem. But they got there too late if closed at 9:00. Surprised they thought it would even still be open. I wonder if the store still has footage showing them trying to get in or even in the parking lot. Not sure why this bugs me but it does. I wouldn't think the Apple store would be open after 9:00 I wouldn't even try. Actually I would check on my phone to see before I ventured over. Made a point to say that the place they went to dinner was right near there. A lot of detail on that. I wanted more detail on their conversation on when she was leaving. She says shes going he says ok becuase he is in the shower? New lovers only 6 or so weeks into the relationship and that's it? OK? Nah not buying it. She's uber happy right now. She said more than I'm leaving. . .

I am not buying it either. There are a lot of things the BF has said or mentioned that I am not buying.

He has inserted himself into this investigation way too much for someone who has only been dating his girlfriend for 2 months. Jmo

Maybe they tried the Apple Store since they ate nearby? I would have no idea what time they close. Kind of imagine it could even be 24 hours for all I know.

Maybe they tried the Apple Store since they ate nearby? I would have no idea what time they close. Kind of imagine it could even be 24 hours for all I know.

Apple is not open 24 hours. It would close at 9:00

Well if that is the moon then than picture would have to been taken on August 24th. That is because of the moon rise and moon set times.

But if it were taken on the 24th that would mean that the moon at the time it could be seen would have been seen looking west and actually a little south of west. ........ [snip by me for space]

The street the jewelry store is on runs East/West. That would mean the picture would have to have been taken looking toward the west. If that is the moon it is to the left of the business in the image. Since the business is on the North side of the road that would mean the moon would have to be north as well but the moon should be slightly south of due west. I don't know if it is possible to get that picture on any of these dates if that is the moon.

If that's the case then a certain'someone' is attempting to muddy the waters as to the movements by Crystal by sending images from her phone which is in his possession to his phone. LE would have to pick that up from the phone tower pings in-common

I think what looks like a moon in the pic is actually a low street light?? Look at it again..

Black dress/whatever is not a robe or a coat. It was humid and nasty. I find 79 degrees hard to believe. Here in TX, I'm wearing as little as possible 10 months out of the year. No way is a coat even making it out of the closet this time of year. I doubt a robe, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screen shots from the video from Daily Mail:
43D0172C00000578-4846056-Crystal_is_seen_on_surveillance_video_leaving_her_boyfriend_s_ho-a-48_1504330900431.jpg

43D0172800000578-4846056-image-a-8_1504329978730.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4846056/Texas-realtor-mother-vanished-Hurricane-Harvey.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur