Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that brings up something else. If she was originally going to spend the weekend in Dallas with her kids then that tells me she was planning on having them for the weekend. So WHY is the BF saying they were gonna be watching Game of Thrones, just the two of them??

Brings up a really good point.

It sounds like her ex is the primary caregiver and crystal sees the kids but doesn't take them. That may have changed when she was living in the townhouse but for now I think she would just go by and see them at the house she shared with her ex.

I have noticed the boyfriend has an explination for everything.

Jmo

So many pieces of a puzzle and nothing fits together. Gah !

I get it. She sent the text supposedly the next morning to ex to say she was staying in town, then why did he tell the LE that she was in Dallas??!!

The BF needs to be asked where he and Crystal had discussed possibly riding out the storm. And it makes complete sense that her uncle wouldn't know that BF and CM had discussed possibly leaving town at dinner if they eventually decided just to stay and ride it out at home.

If she wasn't home much due to being a FA and had crazy agent schedule he was probably the primary caretaker. Will make it even more devastating if there was a crime of passion from her sleepover/cruise thing.

J.M.O.

I'm assuming Motel 6 is cooperating and handed over their check ins/outs for around that time frame. I'm also assuming they don't have cameras in their parking lot or we would be a lot further along in this than currently.

Just thinking out loud here:

You could commit the crime at another location, drive her car to the motel and leave the keys inside thinking someone else or flood waters would take care of evidence. You could then cleanup in the motel, rinse the evidence down the drain with all the other stuff left from every other person who has stayed in that room. Dispose of any material evidence in their trash along with all the other trash that has been collected and dumped in a major landfill.

How do you leave? The car wasn't the motivation unless the people are still at the motel and they were hoping to take off with it and got caught in flooding. Accomplice to come get you, then you have to worry about someone else talking. Not sure on public transportation in the area. Her cards aren't being used so robbery unlikely unless she had big jewelry. Descriptions of rings and earrings may be handy to check with pawn shops.

This just doesn't feel random.

I have all sorts of thoughts going through my mind. I almost feel like a set-up of sorts. Not sure why I have this vibe. I can't say exactly one thing. There is so much going on here.

The bf is very assertive in this whole situation which is not endearing at all to me. He claims to know all of this info he is sharing. And he seems a might possessive to me. He is everywhere. While some people may think its good he's keeping her out there, I feel the opposite. With the amount of personal stuff he is spewing, is painting her (in some instances) not as sweet as other people say she is. It almost seems like he wants to put their relationship on blast knowing the ex is trying to remain out of the spotlight and keeping his children shielded as much as he can. (I must commend him for that). It seems like he is rubbing the ex's face in the relationship they have.

I must say however, all of this comes from only him. I have not heard of any proof any of his story is true. With an exception of them dating and she spends the night occasionally. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

And that brings up something else. If she was originally going to spend the weekend in Dallas with her kids then that tells me she was planning on having them for the weekend. So WHY is the BF saying they were gonna be watching Game of Thrones, just the two of them??

Maybe it wasn't just going to be the two of them. Maybe that's how she was going to introduce her kids to him. What I don't get is, was she living with the ex or not? If so, why does she need to pick them up at all? Does she stay at the townhouse sometimes or something?

Total speculation on my part, but maybe when she was at her boyfriend's house on Thursday night he suggested they just hunker down and have a Game of Thrones marathon. She was all for it, but had already told her ex she'd be taking the kids. Perhaps it dawned on her to say she was going to Dallas, that way she'd have a "free" weekend away from the ex with the kids. She'd just stay at the townhouse, and this way she could introduce her kids to the bf. Then maybe later she got to thinking about that and figured way too many things could go wrong--like the kids could tell their dad they went to a man's house, or he could stop by the townhouse and figure out that she never left. That would be a lot of drama. So she changed her mind and texted her ex to say she would stay in town instead. But since she was still "picking up" the kids instead of going home to be with the kids, that must have meant she planned to stay with them somewhere else.

But then she texted the bf to say she might still leave, so who knows. Maybe it was always up in the air and she was waiting to see what the kids wanted.

That black Mercedes is not an anonymous looking car. Surely there are cameras along the roads, at stoplights, stores, banks etc. Surely LE has examined the surveillance tapes. Wouldn't they by now have seen that car on the day in question, and who was driving it to end up at the Motel 6 ?

I do not have time to go back through all of these posts, but I have my own theory. Shoot holes in it, maybe I am missing something.

The video surveillance provided by Paul H. has the incorrect date/time stamp. This could be legit, but maybe it's not? I believe it said 8/19 or something?

My question is, how do we know Crystal was indeed staying at Paul's house and leaving from there that morning? Maybe the time stamp is accurate and something happened in their relationship that week prior.

That leads me to the Motel 6. Maybe she was not staying with Paul, but instead staying at Motel 6. Does that mean she could have gone missing sooner than we thought? Text messages are just that and they do not prove that Crystal sent them. There's no fingerprint attached to a text message. Anyone with her device(s) could have sent them.

Your thoughts? Like I said, shoot holes in this.... just was something I have been pondering.

Hmm. Did everyone see the update from Equusearch, today?

09/06/17 — The Chambers County Sheriff’s Office has requested our immediate help on the search for Crystal McDowell. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATVs. We will be meeting on West Bay Road and Highway 99, east of the Cedar Bayou Bridge on Highway 99. Your Search Coordinator is David White, and he can be reached at (281) 799-9586.

Ex-husband works at PBP INC, correct?

They are searching today about 9-10 miles away from PBP (5151 Grand Pkwy). Check it out on Google Maps.

Edit - I stand corrected. It's maybe 9,000-10,000 feet from PBP, INC?

I have a lot to say and I hope I can get it all out here without confusing everyone. Just listened to Nancy Grace podcast. And something is sticking out to me that I missed before. They seem to be really questioning the text about Dallas. But we've all seen it right? It was sent from her phone to the Ex husband. Uncle was claiming from beginning he didn't think she sent that text. Ok.... but it exists AND it was sent Thursday night when she was with her boyfriend. Am I right? In the podcast, BF says they had a conversation about whether to leave town or stay home. So to me that says.... they DID consider leaving town!! He says they decided to stay. She also sends text to husband Friday, saying she was gonna stay. So what I'm hung up on....is WHY they are acting like this going to Dallas text is such a big deal!! She knew her uncle was going to Dallas, so isn't it possible in the conversation with the BF..Dallas is a place they may have discussed?? The other dude on the podcast says basically it was the ex who sent them in the direction of Dallas, away from the ping... but the ex provided the text that ALSO said she had decided to stay!! Putting all this together, I really feel like they are trying to pin something on the husband and what they are going off of (this text about Dallas) makes no sense to me!! It's so easy to explain!! Why is this being discussed as some kind of mystery?? Because the uncle didn't know about the conversation between the BF and CM about possibly leaving town before he storm? Because the BF is denying he knew about it? To me, it sounds like and feels like...they are using that ONE thing to place blame on the ex and it doesn't even make sense. Why? Because it actually makes sense that if she and BF were discussing possibly leaving and maybe during that conversation the ex texts her about the daughter wanting her mom to come home so in the middle of the discussion with BF, she texts she may go to Dallas! Makes perfect sense. They change their mind that night and her text changes the next morning to indicate she's gonna stay. And let me say this...if she didn't send that text about Dallas....who did?? Well who was she with that night when the text was sent???? Her BOYFRIEND. So if anyone other than her sent it, he had the opportunity. But the whole Dallas thing to me is a big nothing burger that is being turned into something major. I. Don't. Get. It. Help a girl out if anyone can make this make sense. Please!!

I agree! THIS! Also, it seems like the BF is the one doing the swaying/pointing at the ex from the beginning! He is spilling beans all over, and all of them do not add up! The only facts are that all the technology that is being used to set up a timeline/evidence he had acesss to!

Maybe it wasn't just going to be the two of them. Maybe that's how she was going to introduce her kids to him. What I don't get is, was she living with the ex or not? If so, why does she need to pick them up at all? Does she stay at the townhouse sometimes or something?

Total speculation on my part, but maybe when she was at her boyfriend's house on Thursday night he suggested they just hunker down and have a Game of Thrones marathon. She was all for it, but had already told her ex she'd be taking the kids. Perhaps it dawned on her to say she was going to Dallas, that way she'd have a "free" weekend away from the ex with the kids. She'd just stay at the townhouse, and this way she could introduce her kids to the bf. Then maybe later she got to thinking about that and figured way too many things could go wrong--like the kids could tell their dad they went to a man's house, or he could stop by the townhouse and figure out that she never left. That would be a lot of drama. So she changed her mind and texted her ex to say she would stay in town instead. But since she was still "picking up" the kids instead of going home to be with the kids, that must have meant she planned to stay with them somewhere else.

But then she texted the bf to say she might still leave, so who knows. Maybe it was always up in the air and she was waiting to see what the kids wanted.

1. She was living with her ex in their house
Why would you let kids watch Game of Thrones? Lots of violence and nudity in it.

I'm confused. I thought the Dallas text was sent to ex after she left BF's apartment the day she went missing.
No, it was the evening before. He said the daughter was asking for her and she replied she's see her early in the morning and planned on going to Dallas.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the Ashley Banfield episode yet, but, if video from outside shows Crystal wearing a black dress, why does the boyfriend insist it was pink or purple? It might make sense if it was the other way around and the outdoor photo showed it was pink, but 'infrared distortion' or whatever, in daylight?

Still seems like 2 different outfits to me. Especially the black one certainly appearing to have sleeves.

As far as introducing the kids to the boyfriend on the cruise goes, I think it's a terrible idea. What if the kids don't like him? What if they are uncomfortable meeting someone they might think is supposed to be 'new daddy'? They can't just get up and go home. They're stuck for a few days, maybe a week. A family dinner would have been much more reasonable. Especially since it's been revealed the the ex, their father was originally supposed to go on the trip. I think that would only reinforce the 'new daddy' idea to the kids. Springing a stranger on the kids, on a boat where they can't just go home, and you don't know what their reaction will be, is a terrible terrible ideas to me

As far as compromised evidence goes, how did 'the family' find the car before police did? That seems odd, unless you know where to look. It's very unlikely to drive around and just happen upon it.

And even if you did, why would you go through the car when there could be fingerprints from a potential perp? That makes no sense at all.
I think a lot of single parents introduce a partner as a "friend." I'm not sure we can know what her plan was.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They searched her ex's home/their shared home.

That's where they found some real estate paperwork and her broken laptop with the factory reset

I don't know if they used a SW or if the ex let them search.

No, I mean like a forensic search.

Couldn't agree more.
There are so many unanswered issues starting with the biggest issue and first to look at the ex....until we know his alibi, where kids were etc its impossible to start. His silence is unusual and doesn't help his cause imo. But uncle sure seems to throw shade on him.

J.M.O.
I agree that his silence is odd. But, I try not to judge it. I'm almost 100% sure that if my mom went missing, my dad would say nothing publicly. It's just not his personality. I think behind the scenes he would be harassing LE, hiring other services, etc., but I know he would not speak to media or anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

His name is Brad and he lives in Alabama

I believe he grew up with her, not sure though.

I'm behind so if this has already been mentioned, my apologies. That guy Brad was someone she did business with. They have never met in person.

I guess my surprise about the EX silence is i would have thought he would be teamed up with the Uncle and her sisters etc...but...nada only shade

J.M.O.

I'm behind so if this has already been mentioned, my apologies. That guy Brad was someone she did business with. They have never met in person.

I think he was just a credit repair guy she sent clients to. They weren't friends...

J.M.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member