Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wth would you do split custody for a 5&8 year olds????
That's incredibly cruel imo

J.M.O.

Not sure about Texas but in my state split custody refers to "50/50" meaning the children spend an equal amount of time at each parents house. Like one week at moms and one week at dads.

Not sure about Texas but in my state split custody refers to "50/50" meaning the children spend an equal amount of time at each parents house. Like one week at moms and one week at dads.

My state too but I looked it up and in TX split really is splitting the kids between parents. It's horrifying to me honestly.

J.M.O.

but maybe it was just for tax purposes and they actually kept them together physically

When you say for tax purposes, do you mean so each can claim a child on his/her taxes? Legal custody is not necessary for that to happen. I claim one of my two daughters with my first wife, even though she has legal custody of both of them. It was part of our divorce decree.

Child support is not subject to taxes, at least not in my state. I cannot deduct the child support I pay from my taxes either.

So, if they really do have split custody, I cannot understand why. Not best for the kids.

I agree. I can't believe that's a thing.

It shouldn't be legal. How would you feel about the parent that didn't "pick" you?

Reminds me of the movie The parent trap and not in a good way.

but maybe it was just for tax purposes and they actually kept them together physically
Joint custody decrees often have who gets to claim which children in which years, who gets to take what credits and so on. So I doubt tax implications are the reason as they could just as easily have been done in a joint custody arrangement.

I posted a link along with posting the docket that explains what split custody is in Texas. It seems to have a specific meaning rather than a generic meaning.

Split custody isn't the same as joint custody. In split custody the children are split between the parents. So in this case Mom and Dad each have custody of only one child.

:bump:

Who is BB?

:bump:

8/31 Transcripts:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1708/31/ptab.01.html

SNIPPED...

BANFIELD: I want to now bring Brad Bozeman into the conversation. He is a colleague and a friend of Crystal McDowell and he joins me from Birmingham, Alabama.

Just for way of introduction, Brad, you are a friend of Crystal`s in of absentia, you`ve never physically met face-to-face, but you have a business relationship, you write all the time and you know a lot about each other`s lives. And maybe you are the best person to ask about what Crystal`s state of mind was just two days before she disappeared because you have a series of text conversations. And I`d like to get you to sort of characterize what you thought was going through her head at that time.

BRAD BOZEMAN, CRYSTAL MCDOWELL`S FRIEND: Yes. Me and Crystal did speak a lot via text and via phone. We worked together. We were colleagues. She was a realtor, I have a credit repair company and, you know, we have met basically sometime in February of this year. You know, she`s just the person that`s so easy to talk to. You know, just a giving person.

BANFIELD: Can I, Brad, I want to just put some of these text messages that you shared with Crystal, just again, two days before she disappeared.

BOZEMAN: Yes.

BANFIELD: You reached out to her saying, you`re happy and she said yes. You asked why? In love? And she said yes, with a happy face and hearts for eyes. And you say he`s a lucky guy. She says, thank you, and sends a photo of Paul Hargrave, her new boyfriend and says he`s so dreamy. You say, Lord, what is dreamy. And she says my boyfriend.

And you say, well, you deserve the best, no doubt. What did, you know, your ex-husband say? She says to you, yikes! I haven`t said anything to -- and we are redacting his name, even though the sheriff used it.

[20:45:04] I haven`t said anything to my husband. I guess I should. And you say he`s not going to be happy. I`m sure he can figure it out by seeing Facebook. And she answers no, I blocked him. Should I tell him? You answered, probably, if kids are involved with the new guy. She answers, true, they haven`t met him yet.

We are going on a cruise on the 31st, which her boyfriend Paul mentioned should have left tomorrow. You say I would be depressed if I was your husband, too. She says, well, you wouldn`t be a jerk to me like he has been. You say, no, I wouldn`t. She says he takes advantage of me and always has.

You say, I`m sorry, well, you`ll be fine. She says, yes, I`m so happy to move on.

Did you get the impression, and let`s be clear, her ex-husband is not charged with anything. The sheriff has said he doesn`t believe that he has anything other than the interest of finding his ex-wife. Did you get the sense there was something wrong between her ex-husband and Crystal?

BOZEMAN: Yes, I did. She, I mean, she is (Inaudible) about the divorce and about, you know, how they just weren`t happy. I mean, you see it, you see in the text messages, how she said that he takes advantage of me and (Inaudible).

BANFIELD: I think we are losing your connection, Brad. I`m sorry, I`m sort of losing your connection.

BOZEMAN: God.

BANFIELD: I just want to remind our viewers, though, that he is not a suspect in this case as of yet. Everybody is being looked at equally, maybe even me. I mean, that`s the way investigations begin. So I wanted to be clear about that. I just thought Brad`s conversation was telling and interesting about her state of mind.

We are going to continue to follow the story as they look for Crystal McDowell in Texas. Back after this.

Dear old Brad seems very involved in her life.A little strange to me.

This friend Toby seems very close to her.Seems to think she got along with ex and boyfriend and doesn't suspect either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth