Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a big part of so many of us not being able to decide who we thought did it was caused by the boyfriend giving out changing stories everyday. I was leaning more toward the ex because of the cruise and Facebook blocking. And because he never said a word or helped search.I just couldn't shake off the boyfriend because of how he was so inconsistent.

The BF and his ever changing story didn't help us much. He did look hinky there for awhile. He did bring suspicion to himself by doing that, at least with us.

The EX just kept to himself and we weren't exactly sure what that meant. However there were several of us who questioned why he wasn't out there helping to look for her and why he never made one public statement about her disappearance.

Here is what constitutes capital punishment in TX:
d5ce3d11f828b60cbef5a3afc62e47ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he'd be in more trouble for hiring someone to do it then he is for doing it himself. None of those apply in this case, sadly.

Yeh, the car in a seedy Motel 6 parking lot had two purposes, one in hope it got stolen and two that if found, people would think the worst of her for being in such a seedy place. I think either one was fine with him. Just an added little knife twist to her reputation.

Like everyone who thought it was him kept saying, the BF had no reason to want her dead and the ex had every reason to want her Dad. They nailed it.

I was just plain confused, I didn't have a clue. There was enough misinformation out there that neither scenario was making sense to me. I was thinking crime of opportunity or using Harvey as a cover-up. Turns out it was neither of those.

I wondered if he had another car parked nearby or the bus line perhaps?

I wonder if possibly SM really did install spyware on her phone (which might explain why it was all slow and wonky lately...)
and if so, then did he also read - in real-time - the text to CM from PH that morning which said said, "I love you and I'll always suppprt you."
Possibly?
If he had read that while CM was enroute, then he would have been FUMING with fury when she arrived within the few minutes later...

I think a big part of so many of us not being able to decide who we thought did it was caused by the boyfriend giving out changing stories everyday. I was leaning more toward the ex because of the cruise and Facebook blocking. And because he never said a word or helped search.I just couldn't shake off the boyfriend because of how he was so inconsistent.

He didn't change his story every day.

Been gone a couple days. Thanks for all the posted updates. RIP Crystal!

So correct me if I am wrong and I will delete, but because he's been arrested we can post Steve's Facebook account if public and if we link and don't screenshot, right? Yesterday morning Steve was trying to sell his beloved Mustang. The timing seems suspicious.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/786...56933704436004/?sale_post_id=1256933704436004

What in the world?!!! How was his mind even able to manage that? Had he thought he was getting away with it? Or maybe hoping to raise some funds to flee?

Good grief, if I had murdered someone I don't think I would have been able to function like that. I'd be curled up in the fetal position in a corner shaking in my boots. His mind must have truly snapped on some level...

I looked at SM fb page a minute ago & looked at the posts he had been sharing about the case and all the people offering well wishes and prayers and encouragement and all along he knew...

SO hard to wrap my mind around it all. And surely he was following the case closely. I wonder what was going through his mind the entire time? Baffling.

So correct me if I am wrong and I will delete, but because he's been arrested we can post Steve's Facebook account if public and if we link and don't screenshot, right? Yesterday morning Steve was trying to sell his beloved Mustang. The timing seems suspicious.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/786...56933704436004/?sale_post_id=1256933704436004

My wi-fi is down, so I am being frugal with my limited cellular data - but I broke my own rule and turned on javascript, and went to that link....
my jaw dropped.
Unbelievable!!!
While his (ex)wife is missing... he so calmly lists his muscle-car for sale?
As if life is "business as usual" ???
How much more bizarre can this get?
btw... there were a couple of "informed" comments on there...
btw#2 ... I hope LE has already processed that car - forensically speaking.

First I want to say

:welcome6: to all the new comers I see here!

:greetings:

So - now court date yet?? I have to put this one on my list.

TIA!

JUSTICE for CRYSTAL! :rose:

:judge:

He was being forced to face that it really was over between them, and he simply refused to accept it.

I have to say, though, that I can understand his hurt and anger *if* it's true that he had found out about being replaced by the new man on the cruise without Crystal telling him. I do think she mis-handled that situation, and she was making a mistake introducing a new man into the kids' lives so quickly. I'm sure it was just because she was coasting on the euphoria of a new relationship, and felt like the kids would see she was happy and be happy too.

And now, none of them are happy at all. Such a tragedy.

Editing to clarify that I am NOT victim blaming. I am pointing out that I can see, from the outside looking in, how this situation was volatile, and how the circumstances came together to end tragically.

He was being forced to face that it really was over between them, and he simply refused to accept it.

I have to say, though, that I can understand his hurt and anger *if* it's true that he had found out about being replaced by the new man on the cruise without Crystal telling him. I do think she mis-handled that situation, and she was making a mistake introducing a new man into the kids' lives so quickly. I'm sure it was just because she was coasting on the euphoria of a new relationship, and felt like the kids would see she was happy and be happy too.

Editing to clarify that I am NOT victim blaming. I am pointing out that I can see, from the outside looking in, how this situation was volatile, and how the circumstances came together to end tragically.

I don't think he would have reacted well no matter how long Crystal waited to tell him. They could have had a massive screaming argument about it but he did not have to kill the mother of his children and leave them orphaned. He decided if he couldn't have Crystal no man would.

I've been through this situation with my own parents and my dad hated my mum with a passion at the time but he would never have even contemplated killing her.

I am surprised he doesn't have a history of domestic violence against Crystal at least no history we know of yet.

"The ex-husband of a realtor who went missing just before Hurricane Harvey hit Houston has been charged with her murder.

Steven McDowell, 44, was taken into custody and arraigned on homicide charges on Saturday after the body of Crystal Seratte McDowell, 37, was discovered in a wooded area in Chambers County.

Chambers County Sheriff’s Office said it had nine persons of interest before finally arresting Steven McDowell over the weekend, according to local affiliate ABC NEWS 13.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-missing-realtor.html#ixzz4sHJsPcWI

IMG_0169.JPG

It is hard to believe what has happened.

About the cruise, since it was planned months ago and he was supposed to go he most likely already had taken that time off of work. He might have been looking forward to it thinking that he could use the family time on the cruise to try to get back together. Once she told him she didn't want him to go I think he would have been starting to get rage built up.

The BF and his ever changing story didn't help us much. He did look hinky there for awhile. He did bring suspicion to himself by doing that, at least with us.

The EX just kept to himself and we weren't exactly sure what that meant. However there were several of us who questioned why he wasn't out there helping to look for her and why he never made one public statement about her disappearance.

I was heavily in the "where's the ex and why isn't he saying anything" camp. I just couldn't get behind the idea that he couldn't because he was taking care of the kids.

I don't think he would have reacted well no matter how long Crystal waited to tell him. They could have had a massive screaming argument about it but he did not have to kill the mother of his children and leave them orphaned. He decided if he couldn't have Crystal no man would.

I've been through this situation with my own parents and my dad hated my mum with a passion at the time but he would never have even contemplated killing her.

I am surprised he doesn't have a history of domestic violence against Crystal at least no history we know of yet.

I definitely won't be surprised if any history of DV turns up.

Also, I was going to say, unrelated to your post, that the kids probably won't have to testify no matter what. With kids so young, they usually videotape the interviews and play them as evidence in court, rather than traumatizing the kids by making them testify. It also avoids any accusations of people influencing the testimony of the children, because the recording was made at the beginning.

I think this murder was committed in a RAGE!

Look at the man!

Very well said. I agree. It may not have made any difference how she handled things, but maybe it would have. What a sad sad case.

I feel awful for their two children especially their son who is old enough to know what is happening. The family may think they are sparing him by not telling him what happened but a child that age is going to hear about it all in his classroom and on the playground. My son was 7 when his father died. We thought he took it well but years later I can still see the ramifications of holding back the truth from him to spare his feelings. We should have told him his dad was sick and we should have allowed him to go to the funeral. I was young and overwhelmed with two young children and let my in laws and family override my gut instincts to tell him the truth.

This is such a tragedy. I hope both families come together as a united front to love and protect the children no matter what happens with their father.

Here is what constitutes capital punishment in TX:

76249aefd163232c22cf093a248a7aa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't charged with capital murder. He was charged with murder, a first degree felony. In Texas they are not the same. I posted a link a page or two ago explaining the differences. It's pretty interesting what counts as capital murder there vs other states. He just doesn't seem to qualify for a capital charge.

http://www.medlinfirm.com/the-difference-between-manslaughter-and-murder-in-texas/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse