Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless this was a high conflict crime of passion and he lost it, I can't imagine that he would murder her in front of the kids. He would not want witnesses, least of all the first on LE's list.

I think it must have been. He was likely enraged about the new BF and the family cruise.

We'll have to wait to get video but I'm almost positive LE stated she made it home.

I'm adding this after I posted bc I'm INCORRECT. LE said she made it to see her kids that day. Apologies to Hoosier952.

No problem. I had to listen several times to make sure that's what he said for sure and I'm still not ruling out she made it home.

It just seems like everything works out better as far as known locations, timelines, etc. if the house is not where it happened.

I think it must have been. He was likely enraged about the new BF and the family cruise.

Possibly also mad about waiting around for her that morning (if in fact there was ever any waiting). He was a ticking time bomb and I doubt it took much to light the fuse.

I admit, I have only dipped my toe into this case but how do you think he could have had the kids, had a dishwasher delivered and still her body was found in a wooded area?
I believe he is guilty but perplexed about how on earth it unfolded?

We all are.

Poor Crystal. My heart breaks for her and her children.

He looks like he has lost a lot of weight. Maybe the guilt was making him too sick to eat.

Probably not so much the guilt but the scared of getting caught.

And being blocked on Facebook. And her comment about her being the happiest she's ever been in her life. I wonder if he saw that. :( Crystal didn't deserve what happened to her, and I hope Steve is locked away for the rest of his life, but it had to fricken sting to see her say that about someone else considering they were recently divorced and they had kids together.

I was away, missed the PC. Thanks for all the updates.

I'm speechless, such a senseless tragedy......:(

Small children without parents, one murdered the other......I keep thinking back to that youtube with the child speaking about love. omg

I know my eyes couldn't help but be drawn to his hands. His right hand knuckles look so much bigger than the left so it made me wonder if a punch was involved. But idk if swelling without bruising would last that long. Then i started looking him over to see if I noticed scratches or bruises. Just the path my mind went. Regardless of how he did it, the hands holding that thing in the mugshot also (allegedly-do i say that at this point???) killed the mama of his babies. )~':

I did the same thing - thought I saw scratches and swollen eyes - but it's been 3 weeks. However, I wonder (and hope) if she fought back and did leave marks on him that police would have seen that in the first few days - IMO

No problem. I had to listen several times to make sure that's what he said for sure and I'm still not ruling out she made it home.

It just seems like everything works out better as far as known locations, timelines, etc. if the house is not where it happened.

That is probably why SM let the police into his house willingly. No evidence of a crime.

I'm pretty curious about the bag with her work stuff in it. That was found at his house, right? But that wasn't the bag that she was seen leaving Paul's house with, correct? He said that was an overnight bag. The Sheriff said it was a different style bag than her work bag.

Although it has been said that she often had her work bag in her car, I don't imagine she would leave it in the car at night since it probably has client info in it. How certain are we that she didn't go home Thursday and drop her work stuff off before leaving for Paul's house?

I was away, missed the PC. Thanks for all the updates.

I'm speechless, such a senseless tragedy......:(

Small children without parents, one murdered the other......I keep thinking back to that youtube with the child speaking about love. omg

-That video has entered into a different world today. In some ways...prophetic...

Can anyone clear up this briefcase thing for me?

I was under the impression that the bag found at the home was not the one that she was seen carrying when she left her bf's house. But now it seems like it is? I feel like I missed something somewhere.

For some reason I thought Crystal was reported missing on the same day she went missing, Friday the 25th of August. I also thought that was the day police went to SM's house to look for her. Lots of people said (before he was arrested) it would be very hard for SM to have done the crime because there was so little time. But he had roughly 24 hours before she was reported missing!

I wonder if he took the kids when he dumped he car, and then took Uber home.

ETA: I have no idea if he took Uber or not. Just wondering how he dumped the car and if the kids were with him.

He took an Uber back? Is that confirmed?
If so, that driver I expect called in...I would hope so anyway.
And if so, LE knew then.

Can anyone clear up this briefcase thing for me?

I was under the impression that the bag found at the home was not the one that she was seen carrying when she left her bf's house. But now it seems like it is? I feel like I missed something somewhere.

Haha, you and me both. I asked this same thing because I thought it was well established that they were different bags, but now I'm confused.

Here is the transcript where the Sheriff discusses it:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1708/31/ptab.01.html

If her real estate bag was at home but she never made it home Friday, she must have either dropped it off Thursday after work when she got stuff to go to Paul's (if she did stop at home. Maybe she didn't). Or he brought it back to the house with him after he did the crime. If he did that, I love that it was one of the things that threw shade his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome