Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She covered it from the beginning when Crystal's family was begging any and all media to show her story to try to find her. I believe they're giving exclusive access as a thank you.

This makes sense. I think part of me was just wondering if AB paid the sheriff or something.

Today was my first time posting here on my phone so I think I may have accidentally deleted one of my posts while trying to edit it. It was about the time it takes to strangle someone. A couple years ago a guy named David Kalac strangled his girlfriend and posted pictures of her dead body online. I specifically remember him saying that it took way longer than in the movies and that she fought him really hard. And that was with using a cord.

I feel so bad for Crystal. I just can't even imagine what it must have been like in her last moments seeing the hatred in his face, hopefully not worrying if her children would be next Ugh. Wtf was he thinking?!

MOD NOTE

Reminder:

Please do not sleuth the perp's family members, including any children he has from a previous relationship. As far as we know, everyone in the perp's family are also victims. Unless that changes, they are off limits for sleuthing. The same goes for his ex-wives or ex-girlfriends.

Please tread very carefully when discussing Crystal's minor children as well. They have been through a horrific trauma and they don't need people on the internet commenting on how Crystal's relatives are now handling the situation with the children.

Because the reporter never specifically asked him if she made it home. She asked a weird compound question.

In my opinion a lot of what the Sheriff has communicated is odd and choppy. His terminology has also been peculiar throughout. Its sad...

In my opinion a lot of what the Sheriff has communicated is odd and choppy. His terminology has also been peculiar throughout. Its sad...

When AB asked him if it was premeditated, the Sheriff had a loooong pause before he replied....he had to know AB was going to ask the question. He seemed unprepared to answer it confidently. He could have said "no comment" but he fumbled through his answer.

Question: if SM takes a plea, does he have to give account of all that happened before he killed her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the reporter never specifically asked him if she made it home. She asked a weird compound question.

SuperTmo, was anything said about her actually seeing the children before she was strangled?

Thanks

When AB asked him if it was premeditated, the Sheriff had a loooong pause before he replied....he had to know AB was going to ask the question. He seemed unprepared to answer it confidently. He could have said "no comment" but he fumbled through his answer.

Question: if SM takes a plea, does he have to give account of all that happened before he killed her?

I agree!!! Its very strange and it doesn't seem to be sitting well with many others on FB as well. Its like he is protecting SM.

Please forgive my continued thoughts over this particular issue.

I don't know if I deleted this while editing this or if I shouldn't have posted....

I don't know her or the ex but am a mom myself. Our local ABC and CBS reported that she did make it home and did see her kids. I know my first thought would be to protect my kids in a threatening situation. I'm wondering if he didn't take her away from the home quietly by saying he wouldn't hurt them. Since she was orphaned so young, she knew what her children might go through. I know that her last thoughts would be about them. It is just so maddening.

<modsnip>

I hope those children go to someone who will remind them how much their Mom adored them. Being in CPS custody right away had to be frightening. They need someone to help them through what will be a painful part of their life for a long time. It's not an easy role to fill for the most qualified person. The hole of a lost parent so young is very vivid throughout life. Every milestone is another moment missed. It's so devastating. I really hoped she had just decided to walk away.

I agree!!! Its very strange and it doesn't seem to be sitting well with many others on FB as well. Its like he is protecting SM.

Please forgive my continued thoughts over this particular issue.

Nothing to forgive. I can't get it out of my head either.

Did CM have an iPhone? Do text messages back up in iCloud? I doubt her phone will be found at this point, but her texts have to tell more of the story.

Since she was living with SM, presumably she had a house key. The first thing I do when I get home is look for my kids. Did she peek in on them in their bed before the altercation with SM? Was he waiting for her at the door? Did she park in the garage? So many questions. And ones that deal with premeditation.

Regarding kids who experience trauma like this, I always worry about the boys. They don't always feel as free to share their emotions as girls are. I'm so glad that both of her kids are with her aunt, who seems to be very caring and forgiving.

As far as the plea deal goes - yes. He will have to give everything up to the prosecutor. If he doesn't or he lies, then the deal is off. The judge doesn't have to accept the deal, though. The reason I wondered if it is premeditated is that he texted her the night before trying to 'guilt' her into coming home. Weren't the children asleep by then?

Icloud does back up texts if they are not deleted and you have access to the account. Apple has had some serious fights with law enforcement about handing data over for trials. If there is no iphone and no one has her passwords, the only way to see them would be the ex's phone. The problem is that if he deleted them they are gone.

SuperTmo, was anything said about her actually seeing the children before she was strangled?

Thanks

On our ABC and CBS stations reporting his arrest, both stations reported that she HAD made it to his home and DID see her children. They didn't elaborate though. I took that to mean that they maybe had pings of her phone at the house?

Icloud does back up texts if they are not deleted and you have access to the account. Apple has had some serious fights with law enforcement about handing data over for trials. If there is no iphone and no one has her passwords, the only way to see them would be the ex's phone. The problem is that if he deleted them they are gone.

Note to self: screenshot any crazy or threatening texts and send them to a friend for safe-keeping.

Do you mean if SM was able to delete everything from CM phone before disposing of it?

Did LE confiscate CM's laptop? (Forgive me if O missed the info on this)

Per Ashleigh Banfield, SM strangled CM when she arrived Friday morning and left her in house, while kids still there, all day until middle of night and dumped her body in woods. Body was in trunk of car.

How horrific :( So hard to believe this kind of thing ever happens. :tears:

Is it unusual for kids to visit jail so soon in cases like this? Do you think it was SM's request to tell them about Crystal?

It's not usual but not unheard of either. Likely it was part of the deal with him making a confession. Perhaps they promised to let him see them one last time. I'm not a big fan of the Sheriff's office and I hope they have done everything by the book. Some of the things he has said and the phrases he has used almost sound like he wants to blame the victim. Like I said, it is backwoods out there. Not as populated and doesn't have a lot of high profile cases like this. I'm glad the Rangers were there. It makes me feel better about prosecution being by the book.

OT: Please remember that Websleuths is presently in dire need of help, for anyone that might be able to. I love Webseluths, and IMO, it's the best.

https://www..com/websleuths

Note to self: screenshot any crazy or threatening texts and send them to a friend for safe-keeping.

Do you mean if SM was able to delete everything from CM phone before disposing of it?

Did LE confiscate CM's laptop? (Forgive me if O missed the info on this)

Yes, if he had her phone and his phone and it was all on imessage it can be deleted. He would delete the conversations on both phones. That's likely why he deleted the laptop. If it was a mac it could be used to access those messages in the imessage app. Without it and no password, no proof. Apple intentionally makes it very difficult to retrieve any data. Right now, there are quite a few LE murder and missing persons cases against Apple because they won't provide access to the account or the phone, which is necessary to get to the messages. You can't get to them without the password. Apple won't break the password. If no devices auto-login and no one has the password - Apple won't assist in any way.

Yes, if he had her phone and his phone and it was all on imessage it can be deleted. He would delete the conversations on both phones. That's likely why he deleted the laptop. If it was a mac it could be used to access those messages in the imessage app. Without it and no password, no proof. Apple intentionally makes it very difficult to retrieve any data. Right now, there are quite a few LE murder and missing persons cases against Apple because they won't provide access to the account or the phone, which is necessary to get to the messages. You can't get to them without the password. Apple won't break the password. If no devices auto-login and no one has the password - Apple won't assist in any way.

It would be helpful if Apple included a TOS clause that says if your murdered, you agree for your account to be turned over to LE. (My opinion)

I just watched the AB interview again, and the Sheriff doesn't confirm her body was moved in the Mercedes, he just says he thinks it was.

If SM dumped her first, then disposed of the car, that's a lot of circling around the freeway when you look at on/off ramps and one-way roads.

Isn't is possible to get copies of the text messages from the phone service provider (sprint, Verizon, etc)?? Or is it different with iMessage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member