Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From that link:

"Several interviews" how does that work in legal terms? Is there a time limit or ultimatum in regards to telling the truth and nothing but the truth.

Do they wait until he is no longer temporary insane?

I'm glad he confessed, I hope that it helps her family to know what happened. And I'm glad he's emotional about it too. He's got a lot to live with.

-Do you think it's because of small town LE??? This kind of inaccurate reporting in other counties would be squelched.

I think this is a click2houston problem, not an LE problem, which is even more annoying since they are a major source of local news.

I think this is a click2houston problem, not an LE problem, which is even more annoying since they are a major source of local news.

I also thought it was a reporter/journalist error. Sensationalist heading.
But people have been posting inconsistencies and vagueness from LE as well. So between the two it is just really difficult to know what is what.

Just going by what the article says.

"Investigators say Crystal's ex-husband, Steven McDowell, confessed to killing her, and Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne says she was strangled in the living room of his home. Crystal had reportedly gone there to pick up her children. They were not present at the time of the killing, the sheriff said."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it says "The kids ages 5 and 7 were in the home at the time but may not have seen anything"

Prosecutors said Steven McDowell strangled Crystal McDowell while their children were in another room.

He appeared to be crying near the end of his court appearance.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/baytown-police-continue-search-for-missing-38-year-old-woman_

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a nightmare for the poor children knowing they were in the house at the time. I hope and pray they get access to therapy and they can grow up to make their mum proud despite the actions of him. He doesn't deserve to be called a father.

-Do you think it's because of small town LE??? This kind of inaccurate reporting in other counties would be squelched.

99% of cases here have inaccurate reporting by mainstream media at some point, from what I have seen. Happens all the time. Careless, frustrating. I only believe actual quotes I hear myself. Jmo

What a nightmare for the poor children knowing they were in the house at the time. I hope and pray they get access to therapy and they can grow up to make their mum proud despite the actions of him. He doesn't deserve to be called a father.

I would guess this is often the case in domestic murders. When fights start, or when one spouse attacks another, chances are the kids are home. Jmo

It was a subdivision that was actively being built. So CM was advertising for homes in the same subdivision. (I was confused too, so investigated it a bit).

Ah! I gotcha now. So those replies that occurred Saturday supposedly were apparently SM replying with CM's phone??

-So if they were in another room, did he clean up the living room quickly?
Wouldn't they ask where she went? Why her car was in the garage? Sorry, i'm grappling.

Would they need this info clarified before today's hearing to properly assess?

I think they were asleep and she never intereacted with them. He probably stashed her body in the car and he didn't let them go in the garage. My kid never goes in our garage except to get in the car when I park in there. He could have put his on the driveway and took them in and out of the front door.

I'm confused. Were they in the home or not?

-ABC13 is having a 6pm update on the residence property. They will be speaking with the neighbors.

The house featured in the clip wasn't a new home??
Please correct me if this has already been clarified.

OK. I know this is the correct home because I looked up the deed. Then I took the legal description and matched it with the addresses on Bay Vista Drive.
This is the same home that Crystal has listed on her Real Estate page (It is Steve's home but she using it as advertisement)
https://www.facebook.com/CrystalMcDowellRealtor/posts/1257957277667463

Crystal McDowell, Realtor added 2 new photos — feeling excited.
August 13 at 9:06pm ·
*** BARBERS HILL ISD *** Starting In The Low 200s! LOW Tax Rate 1.9% and only $270 per year HOA! Builder Incentives To Assist With Closing Costs! Oversized Lots, 3 Car Garage, 1 & 2 Story Options! Great Deals on Move-In Ready Homes or Build On Your Own Lot! Together We CAN Do This!! Appointment Only! Call Me *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX And Let's Make A Plan To Get You Into A Brand New Home!
#MakingHomeOwnershipGoalsAReality
Crystal McDowell
Realtor, CNE

She is list those properties so she could have made a profit off that sale too? Could be another factor he buys the house (deed just transferred on July 25, 2017) thinking she is going to stay there??? That is a huge house. On top of all the other things that he learned within that week. (She had a BF)

07/25/2017 123654 DEED OF TRUST OPR 1750 693
MCDOWELL
MORTGAGE ELECTRONIC REG SYSTEMS INC-NOMI
XXXXXXXXXXXX MORTGAGE LLC

County Type: DEED OF TRUST

I think packing up and moving house with him probably gave him false hope that they'd stay together. Thanks for posting the deed stuff! I found it earlier on my phone but couldn't copy/paste the info for some reason and I was too lazy to type it all with my thumbs lol.

-ABC13 is having a 6pm update on the residence property. They will be speaking with the neighbors.

The house featured in the clip wasn't a new home??
Please correct me if this has already been clarified.

I think she was outside the townhouse Crystal was having remodeled. She said they had lived there for a few years. Steve had just recently moved into the bigger home where Crystal was killed. She was going to keep their townhouse and live there. There are also clips of SM in court today there:

http://abc13.com/video/

I think packing up and moving house with him probably gave him false hope that they'd stay together. Thanks for posting the deed stuff! I found it earlier on my phone but couldn't copy/paste the info for some reason and I was too lazy to type it all with my thumbs lol.

This report is where they say the couple has lived here for the last 2 years. And they will be speaking with the neighbors on site at 6pm.
http://abc13.com/sheriff-baytown-realtor-was-strangled-in-living-room/2408125/

I think she was outside the townhouse Crystal was having remodeled. She said they had lived there for a few years. Steve had just recently moved into the bigger home where Crystal was killed. She was going to keep their townhouse and live there. There are also clips of SM in court today there:

http://abc13.com/video/

Ok, so that explains the '2 houses' mentioned somewhat along the way.
I did see the court clips. Thank you

I wonder if any other MSM has clips of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties