Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it says "The kids ages 5 and 7 were in the home at the time but may not have seen anything"

Still catching up, so sorry if this has been said. The article has been changed to say they were home. What AM75 said is correct. Why they didn't just say they were home but didn't see anything IDK. They still want to make it sound like the kids MAY have saw something, as if it isn't awful enough as it stands.

What a nightmare for the poor children knowing they were in the house at the time. I hope and pray they get access to therapy and they can grow up to make their mum proud despite the actions of him. He doesn't deserve to be called a father.

Oh man. I hope the kids never ever blame themselves, particularly the little boy who seemed to carry a big burden on his shoulders. I say based on the video of him talking about how it's better to be poor and with your family than have lots but never see your family. I have male friends who saw a lot of conflict between their parents when they were little and they all felt like their job was to try and protect their mom. To be there and not be able to help her... I just am so sad for the sentence these kids have been given.

I hope these kids grow up understanding that this wasn't their fault and that they couldn't save their mama.

Ah! I gotcha now. So those replies that occurred Saturday supposedly were apparently SM replying with CM's phone??

Not that I know of. I read somewhere on these threads that she had an assistant who was in England who helped with her social media for her business. That person made the posts on Saturday. Sorry I don't have a link for it. And I can't even tell you which of the websleuths threads it was on.

ETA: This was a rumor. I can not find any conforming evidence of who made those posts on Saturday.

Then there is this that implies she did "see" her kids...

"Currently the kids are under the Department of Family and Protective Services, but she did make it to see her kids that particular day," Hawthorne said."

http://abc13.com/ex-husband-charged-in-death-of-baytown-realtor/2397293/

ETA - I guess it could also imply she "made it" instead of seeing:(

-Yes, there is a lot of guessing going on, in my opinion originating from the Sheriff.

"SM was 100% cooperative in the investigation. He turned over everything we have asked for (documents, etc)"

Why then did it take 'several' interviews for SM to confess???

-Yes, there is a lot of guessing going on, in my opinion originating from the Sheriff.

"SM was 100% cooperative in the investigation. He turned over everything we have asked for (documents, etc)"

did he turn over the 'actual' phone thread convo? That should be something LE asked for.

Not that I know of. I read somewhere on these threads that she had an assistant who was in England who helped with her social media for her business. That person made the posts on Saturday. Sorry I don't have a link for it. And I can't even tell you which of the websleuths threads it was on.

I don't think it was ever verified by MSM that she had an assistant in England. IIRC, that info came from a post on social media and should be treated as rumor. It's possible that she had someone else in the RE business answering posts for her at 3 AM. It's also possible SM made those replies to try to make it look like she was still alive. JMO.

Cooperative and confessing are two different things though right? One can be cooperative yet hopeful LE don't get at the truth.

Here's what the sheriff said last night when AB asked about getting the confession:

BANFIELD: It`s -- it`s hard to fathom. How was this confession? Was it one big verbal logorrhea? Was it a number of different interviews? Was it

days upon days, hours upon hours? Like, how did you get all of this information out of him?

HAWTHORNE: Well, the -- you know, I had told you over the last couple of days that I had asked the Texas Rangers to come in and assist us. And they

sent two of the truly finest interviewers probably in the area, or especially in the state of Texas, that -- you know, between all the

information that the detectives and the Rangers had put together, they pretty well would craft the questions.

And I just can`t tell you how much I appreciate the two Texas Rangers that worked so hard on this case with us. And it`s just a matter of education

and knowing how to ask the right questions. And Steve was very forthcoming. I`ve told you all along he always cooperated with us. We

never -- never -- he didn`t always tell us the truth, but he always cooperated with us.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1709/11/ptab.01.html

BBM.

I don't think it was ever verified by MSM that she had an assistant in England. IIRC, that info came from a post on social media and should be treated as rumor. It's possible that she had someone else in the RE business answering posts for her at 3 AM. It's also possible SM made those replies to try to make it look like she was still alive. JMO.

Thank you for this. I did not know that hadn't been confirmed. I'll update my post.

I'm going to end up missing the news broadcast. I hope you all will post about it here!

Actually it says "The kids ages 5 and 7 were in the home at the time but may not have seen anything"

Then they edited it because I copied and pasted the quote exactly as it was written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I follow a case, I find it very hard to stick with it after an arrest. I love to see justice done, but when you follow from the start and become so familiar with the victims, it's hard on the heart to know all the dirty details. :( I so wish this had ended differently.

ABC13 is live now and may have an update on this case: http://abc13.com/live/

Reporter stood outside Crystal's townhouse and then she interviewed one of the neighbors who knew the family when they lived in the townhouse. An older lady said SM was a loving father and always was taking care of the kids. Then they showed SM in court and the reporter said he was fighting back tears. Just my opinion, but I didn't see any tears. He glanced at the camera as he was turning from facing the judge and he looked steely-eyed and cold to me. Gave me chills. Anyway, then they had a new interview with Crystal's boyfriend Paul. Paul looked like he was near tears. PH said he believes this crime was premeditated and SM planned to use the storm to cover up the murder. He said he felt responsible for what happened because he believed SM was not happy about CM dating PH and planning to travel with him. That's all I caught. The video will probably be available later.

Obituary for Crystal McDowell, http://baytownsun.com/obituaries/article_2216a03a-9807-11e7-92aa-670419f982f4.html

59b85be823e57.image.jpg

Then they edited it because I copied and pasted the quote exactly as it was written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% Cooperation means honesty to complete the task at hand. I don't see the difference. You are either helping or not. That makes no sense.

Stringing people along, and wasting time in gathering the remains is costly in substance and form. The searchers who he chooses not to mention that took off of work, some whom were still misplaced from the storm...

In my opinion I believe the Sheriff is reacting to Uncle Jeffs accurate comments.

MPO

Ah! I gotcha now. So those replies that occurred Saturday supposedly were apparently SM replying with CM's phone??
No. The only convo we have seen between Crystal and Steve was from Thursday night into Friday. Crystal's last known (by us) sent or read message was prior to arriving at the house. We don't know what time Crystal arrived at the house. We do not know what time the murder happened.

Reporter stood outside Crystal's townhouse and then she interviewed one of the neighbors who knew the family when they lived in the townhouse. An older lady said SM was a loving father and always was taking care of the kids. Then they showed SM in court and the reporter said he was fighting back tears. Just my opinion, but I didn't see any tears. He glanced at the camera as he was turning from facing the judge and he looked steely-eyed and cold to me. Gave me chills. Anyway, then they had a new interview with Crystal's boyfriend Paul. Paul looked like he was near tears. PH said he believes this crime was premeditated and SM planned to use the storm to cover up the murder. He said he felt responsible for what happened because he believed SM was not happy about CM dating PH and planning to travel with him. That's all I caught. The video will probably be available later.

That's what I saw as well.
Strange that no one on SM side of family has come forth. That is not a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties