Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read CM twitter and she was an only child. I find it exceptionally strange that SM doesn't have family surfacing....his parents to step in ...to want to see the grandkids ...
there have been some high profile, equally as tragic and horrific murders that have happened in Australia where I live and the murderer has been accompanied by their parents, siblings etc....not always of course but it is quite common especially if the crime was totally out of the blue....they weren't a career criminal but the crime was supposedly out of character.

does anyone know where I may watch full episodes (or at least full CM segments) of the AB shows on iPad, without having to install any kind of app? Thx...
I appreciate those of you who are listing all of the updates.

I have read CM twitter and she was an only child. I find it exceptionally strange that SM doesn't have family surfacing....his parents to step in ...to want to see the grandkids ...
there have been some high profile, equally as tragic and horrific murders that have happened in Australia where I live and the murderer has been accompanied by their parents, siblings etc....not always of course but it is quite common especially if the crime was totally out of the blue....they weren't a career criminal but the crime was supposedly out of character.

I find it to be odd, and sad for the children. Unless there was a reason for them not to be involved with the children.

It may be good for the kids to move away. Everyone in that area knows what happened and will talk about it. They have a chance to move where people won't constantly whisper about what their dad did to their mom.

I think the kids should maintain a relationship with Crystal's family in Texas of course. And Steve's family if there are any who just don't want to speak up. But a fresh start could be good even though it's a big change

He's turning 45, quite possible his parents have passed away

According to the Sheriff on the AB show tonight Crystal was killed in the bedroom. This was an informative show tonight.

It happened within the master suite. SMc did not go to work that day as it was not open due to Harvey. He kept Crystal until appx 3am before taking her to the woods.

I am horrified by his actions for two weeks knowing she's in the tick infested woods then water for two weeks. He wanted her washed away. I disagree with the Sheriff on the Hurricane angle.

does anyone know where I may watch full episodes (or at least full CM segments) of the AB shows on iPad, without having to install any kind of app? Thx...
I appreciate those of you who are listing all of the updates.

Ive only been able to access portioned clips on ABs facebook post. The full transcripts are available the day after airing but I would prefer the video. If I discover something I will let you know.

It happened within the master suite. SMc did not go to work that day as it was not open due to Harvey. He kept Crystal until appx 3am before taking her to the woods.

I am horrified by his actions for two weeks knowing she's in the tick infested woods then water for two weeks. He wanted her washed away. I disagree with the Sheriff on the Hurricane angle.

Yes, I agree.
It doesn't exemplify 100% cooperation, or immediate remorse. It paints a different picture. More time for washing away.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Per Deed. and legal description this is the home Sheriff Office went to and yep a 3 car garage .... Very easy to hide her car, if needed
Attachment 123062

What did they change the street name to?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The name of the street is Bay Vista Drive. There are iirc 17 properties listed. Some are not built yet. The street is not loaded on Google maps. But it is there.

Just thought about something. The deed was transferred over into Steven McDowell name on 7/25/17. CM was murdered exactly 1 month later. Doubt he even make his first house payment.

See Jeff Walters FB entry an hour ago for his thoughts on the investigation.

It may be good for the kids to move away. Everyone in that area knows what happened and will talk about it. They have a chance to move where people won't constantly whisper about what their dad did to their mom.

I think the kids should maintain a relationship with Crystal's family in Texas of course. And Steve's family if there are any who just don't want to speak up. But a fresh start could be good even though it's a big change

He's turning 45, quite possible his parents have passed away
If you watched the AB show you will also learn from the interview with the Aunt that currently has custody that she believes and the woman that will have custody (if the court agrees) believes that the children should continue to have a relationship with their father including phone calls and visits to him while in prison - but not right now, naturally.

I don't think it will be thrown out either however she asked; recanted AND thrown out meaning if he recanted and the confession couldn't be used in a trial.

At least that's how I understand her question.

Yes, this is right. Normally I wouldn't expect the confession to be tossed but LE in this case doesn't really have my confidence. If his confession was tossed I doubt her body could be used as evidence since they found it only because he told them where to look. We have Tim Miller saying on tv he doubts they would have found it otherwise. I just don't like how things are going and now that he has an attorney in the mix, I worry he will plead NG and try to recant. Hopefully he doesn't.

I see, but even if he recanted his confession can still be used against him. The court won't just be like, "Oh, okay. Nevermind then." A good example of this is Brendan Dassey from the documentary Making a Murderer.

Not if it is deemed inadmissible...

I can't wrap my head around any of this. These poor kids - thanks daddy!

All the conversation on the Ashley Banfield show about him and obsessive love and controlling behavior made me wonder, MAYBE there was an argument and she went in the bedroom and closed the door. MAYBE he took her cell phone, so she didn't view or see messages. MAYBE the assumption that she died at 8:25 is incorrect. In my scenario, it would have been easier to stay in the bedroom and let him cool down. Sadly, we know the outcome. Just my random thoughts about timing.

Not really in my opinion it just means he is a coward who didn't have the guts to look Crystal in the eyes as he murdered her.

I'm sure he grabbed her before she could scream. I wonder if they were even having a loud argument. I doubt it. I can imagine that her simply refusing to tell him her personal business or refusing to unlock her phone and refusing to engage with him would infuriorate him more than a screaming fight would.

If he grabbed her from behind, I guess that explains why he wasn't all clawed up. I wonder if he had gloves or long sleeves on.

If they did a proper investigation they should have pings showing them in the same place at the same time. Cadaver hits in the living room and car, on the clothes he was wearing. Hair, other forensics in the car, house. Video from Motel 6. Forensic interviews with the kids, we don't know all of what they know, the kids probably don't even understand all that they actually know. People that can testify to Crystals state of mind in the weeks, months prior. The same for SM.

Can anyone else add anything? I know I'm forgetting things!

Pings don't hold up it trial much. Well they have been suppressed in most trials I followed. I seen in the trial against the guy forget his name that found guilty of kidnapping Christina Morris of Plano.

If CM was put in her car, all that flood water contaminated any evidence in that car.

Not sure how long she was inside the home, so not sure that cadavar dogs would have worked in there. She lived there so a Def Attorney would argue any hair or fingerprints, most stuff within the house or even maybe his veh. JMHO

Motel 6 depends on what the videos show. CM state of mind, she posted she was happier than been (just 2 days prior) so that could backfire trying to say she was unhappy, scared or whatever JMHO (thinking what a Def may say)

Def Attorney may say temp insanity ?? He could paint it as every thing was fine until last 3 weeks when she got the new BF. Didn't he just find out about it few days prior. What a sad mess. Thankful he didn't do a Josh Powell. jmho.

I'm sure he grabbed her before she could scream. I wonder if they were even having a loud argument. I doubt it. I can imagine that her simply refusing to tell him her personal business or refusing to unlock her phone and refusing to engage with him would infuriorate him more than a screaming fight would.

If he grabbed her from behind, I guess that explains why he wasn't all clawed up. I wonder if he had gloves or long sleeves on.

Maybe they had talked in the bedroom and she had turned to leave the room. He grabbed her and then strangled her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious why they are giving custody to CM's best friend in another state. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's fully capable and perhaps Crystal wouldn't have wanted it any other way, but it just seems like a lot of big changes for them all at once.

She may have had a will. Frankly I think getting the kids out of there is best. Their mom's death is the talk of the town and I'm sure other kids know their dad did it. If they don't want the kids to know he killed her right now, moving them away ASAP is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx