TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today is Steve's birthday! The big ole 45! I hope he enjoys his slop and hockey puck biscuit.

I still wonder what he was thinking when he put his Mustang up for sale.

He could have wanted money so that he could try to flee, but if there were any evidence of that then the judge should not have granted bail.

He could have done it so that he could pay for a lawyer, but it seems weird that he'd decide that he needs one and then go and confess anyway.

It could have been for the kids--perhaps he already had it in his mind that he was going to confess but he just wanted to tie up these loose ends first. But I think he was still thinking of himself at this particular time.

Interesting. I think it could be all or none of those options.

Today is Steve's birthday! The big ole 45! I hope he enjoys his slop and hockey puck biscuit.

He could have wanted money so that he could try to flee, but if there were any evidence of that then the judge should not have granted bail.

He could have done it so that he could pay for a lawyer, but it seems weird that he'd decide that he needs one and then go and confess anyway.

It could have been for the kids--perhaps he already had it in his mind that he was going to confess but he just wanted to tie up these loose ends first. But I think he was still thinking of himself at this particular time.

Taxpayers are paying for his everything...legal fees, digs...

-I wondered about the mustang also. And i'm curious about him having a large house/large mortgage. It could simply be a personal preference and everything is relative.

For those of you who were concerned, the children now know that their father was responsible. They were told before the funeral.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this:(

Nothing at all, anywhere.

-Thats sad that their local area newspaper didn't make mention of it. Typically in cases gaining heartfelt and widespread attention its a common response for it to be in a community editorial. I read that Express Jet senior-level management spotlighted it in one of their public platforms but I haven't come across it yet.

Bloody Baytown: String Of Murders Shocks Community

BAYTOWN, TX — The sleepy blue collar town of Baytown, Texas doesn't usually makes the news unless it relates to the natural gas or oil industry, or there is a natural disaster or industrial accident.

But since the end of 2016, crime has settled into the city with a population of nearly 76,000 residents, with six brutal murders happening within a year’s time.
The last three were likley related to domestic violence, while those committed in late 2016 are still being fully investigated.

Good summary of this case and others in Baytown at the link: https://patch.com/texas/pasadena-tx/bloody-baytown-string-murders-shocks-community

I remember a few of those other cases mentioned. I'll see if I can find the threads.

Kristin Fritch: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?321087-TX-Kirsten-Fritch-16-Baytown-8-November-2016-*Arrest*

Steven Coleman: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?348850-TX-Steven-Coleman-32-Baytown-16-Aug-2017

-Thats sad that their local area newspaper didn't make mention of it. Typically in cases gaining heartfelt and widespread attention its a common response for it to be in a community editorial. I read that Express Jet senior-level management spotlighted it in one of their public platforms but I haven't come across it yet.

-As to not confuse the published editorials-etc. I want to specify; in my above post I was exclusively referring to the honorable Memorial service. My apologies for not making it clear.

Bloody Baytown: String Of Murders Shocks Community

Good summary of this case and others in Baytown at the link: https://patch.com/texas/pasadena-tx/bloody-baytown-string-murders-shocks-community

I remember a few of those other cases mentioned. I'll see if I can find the threads.

Kristin Fritch: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?321087-TX-Kirsten-Fritch-16-Baytown-8-November-2016-*Arrest*

Steven Coleman: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?348850-TX-Steven-Coleman-32-Baytown-16-Aug-2017

-Thank you Gardener for providing this information!

-I haven't seen any charges filed. Anyone have updates? TIA

Me too...its crickets here. Keep checking and no comments. I guess there isnt a lot to discuss for now:( So angry this happened to her.

REMINDER:

Discussion of minor children is off-limits.

Social media comments are off-limits (unless the comment is by the Admin of an approved social media page).

:wave:

I think they are all in shock, maybe denial he could have done this to their loved one. Maybe they are pretending to see if their is a different story. I so strongly believe the children will never be made to visit their dad.It will be their choice when they come for visits.

BBM ITA especially given the who the children are going to be placed with (Crystal's lifelong BFF). I can't imagine she will force them to visit and hope that she will let them decide what type of relationship they want to have with him as they are older and can understand it all. Sadly, he is still their father and only living parent. They will probably want answers from him.

Despite the evil he has done in taking their mom, there will most likely be visits, questions and even love for their father. I can't explain (what causes this) it but it's why adopted children sometimes search for their biological families when they are old enough, to get answers and fill the void despite the circumstances in which they were given up for adoption.

IMHO

BBM ITA especially given the who the children are going to be placed with (Crystal's lifelong BFF). I can't imagine she will force them to visit and hope that she will let them decide what type of relationship they want to have with him as they are older and can understand it all. Sadly, he is still their father and only living parent. They will probably want answers from him.

Despite the evil he has done in taking their mom, there will most likely be visits, questions and even love for their father. I can't explain (what causes this) it but it's why adopted children sometimes search for their biological families when they are old enough, to get answers and fill the void despite the circumstances in which they were given up for adoption.

IMHO

-In conversations ive had with those who are adopted, its been explained just as you've said. In many instances its a natural desire to want answers for missing pieces. Not necessarily for establishing the relationship.

SMc hasn't bailed out, has he?? Since he isn't paying for his lawyer, I can't see him getting $50,000 to bail on his $500K bond!

No updates on the next hearing date??

TIA! :wave:

SMc hasn't bailed out, has he?? Since he isn't paying for his lawyer, I can't see him getting $50,000 to bail on his $500K bond!

-I haven't come across anything since his last and...only appearance?? I haven't seen any criminal charges filed. Its vague, as much as most of all details surrounding SM have been. What we have seen from LEO thus far is not the norm in my opinion.

Maybe he is hoarding his $$ to bail himself out. What keeps a person from obtaining a PD no cost to them, then having someone bail them out with funds possibly from selling their property, etc?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back