GUILTY TX - D’Lanny Reinelle Chairez, 20, (found/arrested) & James, 18 months, San Antonio, 22 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOO only, and I know some may disagree but I think a lot of these very young women having kids would have opted for abortion if it were easier to obtain. They didn't plan on the pregnancy, they are single with very little family support and may have been in denial for a large part of the pregnancy. By the time they give birth, they haven't bonded with the idea of a baby let alone an actual baby. There is no maternal bond, thats where a lot of these cases start. With clinics being shut down, lack of funding and our choice at risk now more than ever, so many unwanted babies are being born. She probably never even got proper sex education or birth control info to begin with because religious people think if you don't talk about it, it won't happen. THIS is the reault of no sex education, no birth control education and a lack of choises for girls like her.

Yes, absolutely this. And it doesn’t necessarily contradict the following post about “baby daddies” culture etc either. I think some young women find themselves pregnant and it’s a very vulnerable experience so they adapt as best they can in the circumstances. They’re criticised for abortions and they’re criticised for keeping babies then being terrible at parenting.

Re baby daddy culture I see just as much controlling behaviour from the baby daddies as I do the mothers. It’s all power play, validation and control. For some men it’s a means of branding their women, controlling women and demonstrating virility, and for some women it’s about fighting for status in a culture where the baseline position is that you’re worthless. It’s all ugly.

That said, women have always been oppressed and controlled by reproductive status and means so it’s just the modern version of the oldest tale in the book. Toxic expectations for women and toxic expectations for men. I’ll get off my feminist soapbox now :)

SAN ANTONIO – The family of baby James Chairez protested outside the Bexar County Courthouse Wednesday over the possibility that the baby’s mother, D’Lanny Chairez could be released from jail.
The hearing has been reset for a later date.
Family of baby James Chairez disappointed at possibility of D’Lanny Chairez being released from jail

About a dozen people were outside the courthouse, demanding justice as D’Lanny Chairez was expected to have a hearing via Zoom in the 144th District Court.

SAN ANTONIO – The family of baby James Chairez protested outside the Bexar County Courthouse Wednesday over the possibility that the baby’s mother, D’Lanny Chairez could be released from jail.
The hearing has been reset for a later date.
Family of baby James Chairez disappointed at possibility of D’Lanny Chairez being released from jail

About a dozen people were outside the courthouse, demanding justice as D’Lanny Chairez was expected to have a hearing via Zoom in the 144th District Court.
I’m happy to hear that family will not take her in. Where is she going to get bail money? I doubt she even has enough for a bondsman. I hope they’re not planning to release her without bail!

JUN 16, 2021
Family of Baby James want more charges brought against mother | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
[...]

So far, Chairez has only been charged with tampering with evidence.

The family set up a protest in front of the courthouse to make sure Baby James is not forgotten. The family believes she could be charged with more even before baby James’ autopsy is complete.

“Why can’t she be charged with abandonment of child child or harm to a child something other than just tampering with evidence," said MaG, Baby James’ aunt. "You can’t charge her with murder or whatever did happen with James but the obvious is there.”

[...]

The mother's hearing that was supposed to happen today has been postponed. No word on when it will be rescheduled.

[...]

SEP 14, 2021
Remains of Baby James Chairez released to his family | KABB
[...]

On Tuesday, his family members took custody of his remains.

It was a flood of emotions for MG.

[...]

“It feels good I mean I wish it was the other way,” MG said. “I didn’t ever imagine in my life I’d be coming into a funeral home to collect a child much less in a box. So yeah it’s a lot, it’s a lot to take in right now.”

[...]

“He deserves justice,” MG said. “He was a baby he was innocent in all of this and she decided whatever he decided for him for his fate.”

The family is planning a funeral mass for Baby James sometime next month.

[...]

OCT 5, 2021
Felony charges pending for baby James Chairez's mother, family waiting for answers | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
Devastating news for the family of baby James Chairez, the 18-month-old whose remains were found underneath his home in May, has come in.

We spoke with the baby's aunt who says new charges are pending against her niece.

[...]

After six months, MG says she got an update today from the lead detective on the case.

"She would have a felony charge, but that's only because of that, she had something to do with James's death," MG said.

[...]

D'Lanny is currently charged with tampering with evidence.

As the investigation continues, MG said she fears the pending charge against her niece won't be enough.

"I don't feel like they're gonna give her charges harsh enough that what she deserves,” MG said.

[...]

We've reached out to the detective on the case, asking what charge D'Lanny will face and are waiting to hear back.

For now, family is opening up baby James' services to everyone. The service is Oct. 22 at 4 p.m. at St. Gabriel’s church.

OCT 22, 2021
San Antonio says goodbye to James Chairez, baby found dead in west-side mobile home earlier this year | kens5.com
[...]

Funeral services were held at St. Gabriel's Catholic Church. MB, James's great-aunt, said it was her way of honoring his short life.

"Who wants to bury anybody, much less a child? James to me means a lot. He was like one of mine. I didn't see him as my nephew; I saw him like one of mine," she said. "So yeah, it's hard. It's hard to think that this is how I'm going to have to say goodbye to him. But I've got...lots of good memories with him."

[...]

Of course, she should be charged with tampering of evidence. She should be charged with tampering with James' remains + + +. 5 month old James didn't crawl under that trailer all by himself.

Rest in Peace, Sweet Baby James

From the link:

So far, D’Lanny Chairez has been charged with tampering with evidence with intent to impair. During Thursday's hearing, her defense lawyer said that they are still waiting on evidence and discovery.

The judge ordered that evidence to be expedited.
________
2nd Degree Felony

(a) A person commits an offense if, knowing that an investigation or official proceeding is pending or in progress, he:

(1) alters, destroys, or conceals any record, document, or thing with intent to impair its verity, legibility, or availability as evidence in the investigation or official proceeding;  or

(2) makes, presents, or uses any record, document, or thing with knowledge of its falsity and with intent to affect the course or outcome of the investigation or official proceeding.

(b) This section shall not apply if the record, document, or thing concealed is privileged or is the work product of the parties to the investigation or official proceeding.

(c) An offense under Subsection (a) or Subsection (d)(1) is a felony of the third degree, unless the thing altered, destroyed, or concealed is a human corpse, in which case the offense is a felony of the second degree.  An offense under Subsection (d)(2) is a Class A misdemeanor.

The range of punishment on a 2nd Degree Felony is:
Two to Ten Years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Institutional Division Fine Up to $10,000. The State takes "tampering" offenses very seriously, and if the State proves intent, the State can add them on top of other criminal charges.

Tampering with or Fabricating Physical Evidence in Texas - felony criminal defense lawyer attorney williamson:

Well, I feel fairly certain she intended to hide the baby's body since she told relatives she placed him for adoption.

She told people she put him up for adoption. Why didn't she just do that? That is certainly an option that was available to her.

Thank you for stating the obvious! If you can’t take care of a baby don’t kill them, before or after the child is born. So many people can’t have children and want babies. Little James could have gone home from the hospital with parents who are ready, eager, and capable of providing a safe and loving home. MOO

She told people she put him up for adoption. Why didn't she just do that? That is certainly an option that was available to her.
IMO there was neglect going on from the day this baby was born. Mothers who can abuse a child never think about what’s best for the child. They only think about themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back