TX - Dallas man who dismembered corpse to be released from mental hospital

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
who lit cats on fire
That in itself would make two of the elements of the so-called Dark Triad, a.k.a. the Terrible Triad, a.k.a. the McDonald Triad, which has been said to be associated with later violent - some would say psychopathic - tendencies. Some claim the triad concept is invalid, though if one throws in grave-robbing and cutting feet off dead bodies, I think we can call it a good indicator. (Double shudder.)

McDonald Triad (Wiki)

That in itself would make two of the elements of the so-called Dark Triad, a.k.a. the Terrible Triad, a.k.a. the McDonald Triad, which has been said to be associated with later violent - some would say psychopathic - tendencies. Some claim the triad concept is invalid, though if one throws in grave-robbing and cutting feet off dead bodies, I think we can call it a good indicator. (Double shudder.)

McDonald Triad (Wiki)

The grave robbing is disturbing, but could perhaps be a gruesome but benign manifestation of some mental illness. The lighting cats on fire puts it into a much darker light. I really hope they find some way to put him back in without anything tragic happening.

Yes, grave-robbing - meh. In a sense it's what archaeologists do. Cutting off foot of corpse - (alarm bells clanging).

Why don't they do what other states are doing , they are taking the mentally ill and housing them in jail. This guy is going to kill someone. That is how it starts torture of animals, then the obsession with the insides of a dead human, then they sometimes move on to wanting to see what it's like to kill someone. Here is just one of many stories I found about housing the mentally ill in jail.

http://articles.dailypress.com/2013...ess-mental-health-hampton-roads-regional-jail

Cause nothing says "perfectly capable of being a productive member of society" than this guy!

and he's OUT

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarr...-corpse-released-in-Fort-Worth-203866561.html

Staley was dropped off near downtown Fort Worth Friday at a homeless shelter with only a bag of clothes.

"I mean, they can't do anything about it now, can they?" he told News 8 in an exclusive interview. "I'm already back out."

News 8 asked what his fascination is with having a corpse or cadavers.

"I don't know, it's a real fetish of mine, I guess," he replied.

His journals are troubling. He describes wanting to kill people and watch them suffer. But he said it's all creative writing.

"It was fascinating to kill animals, to kill something," he said.

He won't be monitored at a halfway house.

For a few months, he's supposed to report to a caseworker, but not one can force him to.

"It's all my decision what I do next," Staley said.

And now he walks among us...

video interview with him yesterday at link

"I wouldn't say I have a mental illness, but I got issues," he said. "But, I can guarantee you I'm not going to go out and kill someone."

He won't be monitored at a halfway house. By law, the state says he cannot be kept in a mental institution indefinitely.

But his family fears him. Especially when he's not taking his medication. He's been diagnosed with anti-social behavior and sexual sadism.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Man-who-dismembered-corpse-released-in-Fort-Worth-203913761.html

we can all pack up and go home guys, he guarantees us he won't be killing anyone :rolleyes:

This is the guy who dug up a corpse and chopped its feet off. When the cops stopped him a few days later they didn't even have to ask to search him, he proudly took the feet out of his backpack to show them his little "treasures".

Staley was dropped off near downtown Fort Worth Friday at a homeless shelter with only a bag of clothes.

Fantastic. I'm not sure who to feel sorrier for, Staley himself (who is obviously as mad as a march hare), or his future victims.

well i know who i will be feeling sorry for in the immediate future - any stray dogs and/or kitties that are unfortunate enough to cross his path...and after that isnt enough stimulus for him the people who are in the vicinity of his halfway house - particularly the homeless...what a mess that whole situation is!

Holy carp!!! If he is fascinated with dead bodies then it is only a short time till he decides it is easier to KILL someone than to dig them up. This is the type of person you need to have full time monitoring on, not just roaming loose. Even his family fears him.

Holy carp!!! If he is fascinated with dead bodies then it is only a short time till he decides it is easier to KILL someone than to dig them up. This is the type of person you need to have full time monitoring on, not just roaming loose. Even his family fears him.

I've read alot of posts on here that sneer at any attempt to use the insanity defense. Often, of course, with good reason because sane people do plead insanity in order to escape a harsher punishment, just as some people claim not guilty on the grounds of actual innocence when they're as guilty as heck.

But just because some people falsely use a particular defense does not mean there aren't genuine cases. Some people are factually innocent, and some are genuinely insane to the point where they don't know the difference between right and wrong. This guy, IMO, is the latter. He clearly does not know New York from New Year, and its only a matter of time before he kills someone because he thinks they are an alien from Planet X or whatever.

One of the news links on the previous page makes the point clearly - the police stopped him, and he proudly took out the two dismembered feet to show them. He thought they were his most precious possessions, so he took them out to show the two important looking men in uniform. He's clearly mentally ill, and should be in a hospital.

They dropped him off at a homeless shelter with a bag of clothes. *sigh*

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarr...es-about-Man-Who-Stole-Remains-204962391.html

Arlington police have issued an alert to businesses near where a man who was arrested in 2010 for digging up a grave and stealing a foot has been spotted.

Arlington police say they have information that Staley is somewhere near the University of Texas at Arlington campus. They issued an alert to students, faculty and staff on Friday.

His writings are troubling. He talks about admiring Jeffery Dahmer and about wanting to kill people. He also writes about torturing animals.

Staley also says he enjoys killing cats and dogs and watching them die.
His father told News 8 he's afraid his son will kill someone. He was supposed to stay at a homeless shelter in Fort Worth –– but now he appears to be in Arlington.

I thought I read on an animal rescue page somewhere on Facebook that he was taken into custody again within the past 24 hours. Has anyone else read this?

"Danny is going to kill someone," his father, Russell Staley, told News 8 in March. "It's just a matter of time."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/UTA-police--205041091.html

As a parent, I cannot even wrap my head around what this young man's family is going through, has been going through for years. How awful for them. To know your child is sick to that degree. To know and not be listened to, to fear your own child.

Glad he is back in custody. Hope it sticks. There is no way this dude needs to be walking the streets among us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back