Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, our Mother was never interviewed.

ETA: Don't worry about being sensitive when it comes to our Mother. At worst I might end up ranting in a post for a bit, but that's all :)

No, our Mother was never interviewed.

ETA: Don't worry about being sensitive when it comes to our Mother. At worst I might end up ranting in a post for a bit, but that's all :)

Gotcha Missie - go for it if you like. Another question: Was Grandpa ever interviewed before he passed?
Is there anybody else that you feel should have been interviewed that wasn't?

Grandpa also was not interviewed. When Deanna was first reported missing nothing was done-as far as I know. No interviews, nothing. Then the case was closed for some God awful reason. So since we had the case reopened the interviews are being conducted, etc.
I'm not sure who else I think should be interviewed, give me a bit to think on that one.

Thanks MissieMt: Here is the updated list so we can all keep track of where we are.

Skip P. White
Roy K. - polygraphed and interviewed
Uncle James
Uncle James wife
Grandma - interviewed
Amy (oldest sister) - interviewed
Bekki (twin sister) - interviewed
Randy Clapp III
Boyfriend Michael (need to find out who this was)
Aunt in Virginia
Other Aunts (need to find out who they are)
School (to see if records had been requested)
School female friends (need to be identified)
Biological Dad - interviewed
Cousin Glen - interviewed
Unnamed Tattoo info person - interviewed
Mother - not interviewed prior to passing
Grandpa - not interviewed prior to passing

Hot on our list for interviews would be:

1. Skipper P. White
2. Uncle James
3. School (to see if records had been requested)

Just wanted to thank everyone who is working so hard with me on Deanna's case. You guys are angels!
I'm gonna be a bit busy today, I wanna get the house scrubbed up before hubby comes home tomorrow :)

Thank You Jules. He comes home this evening. I'm excited, of course! Hate it when he's not here, it leaves me with no one to talk to, lol.

Looks like Skip made it out yesterday - Welcome Home Skip

Attachments

• WelcomeHome.jpg
    WelcomeHome.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 32
Ok--I went through this list and the only one that popped out at me was the first name: Deanna C Johnson

She married a Ronald K Hicks on Aug 23, 1994 in Floyd County, KY Her birth year is 1977 on the marriage license, but not the exact date.

Hi JS, I have been trying to do some more research on D.C. Johnson that you noted and am coming up with nothing yet. Do you know if this person is still in the state of Kentucky - or can you tell?

Eleph

The weekend was great! Sorry I haven't been on. My son started school last week, and his bus comes to get him at 6:10 a.m.! I've always been a morning person but even I am having a hard time adjusting to waking up at 4:45, especially since I don't get off of work till about 10pm.
I haven't heard from Sgt.D. I tried calling the school but didn't get an answer. I think they might still be out for summer there.

Thanks MissieMt for giving us the update on calling the school. Those are tough hours for you. If you ever want me to sleuth anything/anybody in particular (other than what we are doing) - anybody you are curious about just give me the high sign and you will have my undivided attention. I wish there was some way to put finding Deanna on fast forward for you and your family. Just wish we could get a break in Deanna's case :blowkiss:

Hi Woof,

Glad to see you back on Deanna's thread ....... wish there was something we could sleuth to help find Deanna. I would love to see Mr. Skipper interviewed.

I wondered onto this thread while I was at work (some nights there is an abundance of downtime), and after reading though, I have a theory, and was wondering what everyone's take on it is....

(PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS JUST ME BRAINSTORMING, BASED ON MY EXPERIENCES AS A NURSE, TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW CERTAIN PIECES OF THE PUZZLE COULD FIT TOGETHER. THEY SHOULD BE TAKEN ONLY AS SUCH. I AM JUST OFFERING MY 2 CENTS IN AN EFFORT TO HELP MISSIE AND AMY FIND THEIR SISTER, AND I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS AVENUE DISCUSSED OR INVESTIGATED.)

It it possible, that at some point after leaving Killeen, Deanna somehow ended up in a state mental health facility (for some unknown reason)? This would help explain a few things.

1) In most states, when a minor is housed in a state mental health facility, when they turn 18, there had to to be a hearing to determine if the person needs to remain in state custody and be transferred over to an adult facility, or is ready to be released into the community. This would help explain the 'reappearence' in 1995.

2) Medical Records are confidential and heavily regulated by the feds (a la HIPAA). This would explain why there would be no record of her for those 5 years or so. (Even back before HIPAA, mental health records were more strictly regulated than regular medical records in an effort to protect the patients.)

3) This one is a little hinkey, as I am sure laws differ state to state. However, having worked with the SC Dept. Of Mental Health (DMH) I know that because medical/mental health records are used in all of the detainment hearings, those records are sealed or locked so that while they are officially judicial hearings, they are not posted on public dockets, therfore maintining DMH adhearence with the HIPAA laws.

4) IF by chance Deanna was in one of these facilities, whether it be for treatment for a condtion that she developed after leaving, or for some type of drug/alcohol rehab, maybe after her leaving, her decision to not contact family could have had something to do with that stay, maybe like a 'leave the past behind' scenario?

5) Could her contact with law enforcement in 1995 could actually be related to her release from a state facility? I will admit, this one may be a little bit of a stretch, maybe it was like a welfare check by request of a counselor or social workerbecause of a failed appearence at an appointment or a failure to show for a hearing?

6) Could her mother, or even stepfather, have possibly known about an admission to a state facility, but to protect Deanna never divulged this information. (I will myself admit that this is probably the least likely of all, but I will say, I have seen it happen before because of a stigma of some kind a family felt it placed on the person.) At some point, with her being a minor, a parental figure would have surely been contacted.

As I said in the begining, this it only one theory. However, it is one I have seen no mention or discussion of on any previous posts on any of the threads (unless of course iI overlooked something, which is possible.)

I can only hope and pray that Deanna is safe and happy wherever she is, and she comes home to her loving sisters very soon, no matter the circumstances.

Hi Woof,

Glad to see you back on Deanna's thread ....... wish there was something we could sleuth to help find Deanna. I would love to see Mr. Skipper interviewed.

Stupid work gets in the way of my sluthing.

I live accross the state, or I'd be tempted to go interview him my self.

Ms. McGriff,

I am looking for a young girl who went missing from Kileen Texas in 1990, Deanna Merryfield. So far, police and family members have been unable to determine if she ran away or if she was abducted. She was experiencing family problems with her mother and step father at the time and CPS had become involved. The family has determined that she was not removed and placed in CPS custody.

I understand that Central Texas Youth Services operates a runaway shelter and has been in operation since 1978. This is a resource that would have been available to Deanna. Would it be possible for you to check your records and see if you provided services to this young lady? In addition, any insight you could give into what was going on with runaways in the early 90's would be great. Were there other shelters, groups or resources that she might have utalized.

Any help you could give in this matter would be appreciated.

My Real Name

NCMEC page

Deanna Merryfield
Missing Since: July 22, 1990 from Killeen, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: February 2, 1977
Height and Weight: 5'4, 115 poundsMissing Since: July 22, 1990 from Killeen, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: February 2, 1977
Height and Weight: 5'4, 115 pounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads