TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I have been a bit busy lately too. Sounds like there are some good ideas floating around. Anything new from Sgt D Missie?

Good Morning all!! Eeyorelrn, that is a darn good theory, I wonder if there is a way for us to investigate it further or if it's something I would have to forward to Sgt.D (and then wait, and wait, and wait).
Woof, a million thanks for sending that email. Please let us know if you hear anything!!

Thanks Woof - I have been wondering if you heard anything yet. Thanks for all you are doing.

Eleph

Good Morning all!! Eeyorelrn, that is a darn good theory, I wonder if there is a way for us to investigate it further or if it's something I would have to forward to Sgt.D (and then wait, and wait, and wait).
Woof, a million thanks for sending that email. Please let us know if you hear anything!!

I have a feeling, that with all the red tape that HIPAA creates, it would HAVE to go through LE, because more than likely a search warrent would be needed just to look through the Texas mental health systems records. I know he is probably working on other leads, but I don't think it would hurt to discuss it with him. The worst he could say is that ehy have already ruled this possibility out, right?

Okay guys...my hard drive self destructed yesterday afternoon :(
Everything I had saved is gone. I'm not even sure how big of an impact this will have because I don't even remember what all was on their (you know, all the stuff you just take for granted and assume will be accessible forever).

I have a feeling, that with all the red tape that HIPAA creates, it would HAVE to go through LE, because more than likely a search warrent would be needed just to look through the Texas mental health systems records. I know he is probably working on other leads, but I don't think it would hurt to discuss it with him. The worst he could say is that ehy have already ruled this possibility out, right?
Even then this could be a problem. It depends on how the facility applies HIPAA. Very annoying.
Hospital where I used to work at would only permit records to leave the facility via a signed auth from the person, or the person's authorized representative. Didn't matter if they were from the police and flashing a badge, a gun...didn't matter. Nope. The only way they could be gotten was via court order. In this case, it could be even trickier because no one knows if she was a patient anywhere. Not trying to be a downer, just telling my experience from one facility in a different state....again...it just depends on the facility.

Sent a follow up e mail - it's been 7 days.

*hmpf*

Maybe she's on vacation

Even then this could be a problem. It depends on how the facility applies HIPAA. Very annoying.
Hospital where I used to work at would only permit records to leave the facility via a signed auth from the person, or the person's authorized representative. Didn't matter if they were from the police and flashing a badge, a gun...didn't matter. Nope. The only way they could be gotten was via court order. In this case, it could be even trickier because no one knows if she was a patient anywhere. Not trying to be a downer, just telling my experience from one facility in a different state....again...it just depends on the facility.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.... Something that was supposed to make it easier for health records to be transferred from facility to facility AND protect us from having our medical histories posted all over the internet for all to see, and it becomes this MOSTER that takes the Supreme Courts approval and an act of GOD just to find out if you had all of your immunizations.... I still think it would be worth talking to the Lead Investigator about.... COuldn't get us any further off the trail than we have been since she disappeared, you know what i mean?

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.... Something that was supposed to make it easier for health records to be transferred from facility to facility AND protect us from having our medical histories posted all over the internet for all to see, and it becomes this MOSTER that takes the Supreme Courts approval and an act of GOD just to find out if you had all of your immunizations.... I still think it would be worth talking to the Lead Investigator about.... COuldn't get us any further off the trail than we have been since she disappeared, you know what i mean?
HIPAA is BS. It's nothing but a beaurocratic nightmare. Since every facility can apply it differently it really should have what's good taken out and applied uniformly all across the board and toss out the rest. I couldn't even tell people over the phone if they had even been seen at the facility--ever! Other hospitals in my area could give that simple information though, and people would get so po'ed when I told them that I could not give them any of that general information! OF course they could come in and get their records and pay for them, even if they only needed a date for an insurance claim. Anyway I don't want to get off topic but yeah, it's worth a try with the lead investigator just to see what could be gotten.

Hey Woof, have you heard anything back yet? A response or anything?

Eleph

Hey Woof, have you heard anything back yet? A response or anything?

Eleph

No, Eleph and it's cheesing me off. I sent it via g mail and could not find a return receipt option to see if it was even read. I was considering the next step today. Any advice?

No, Eleph and it's cheesing me off. I sent it via g mail and could not find a return receipt option to see if it was even read. I was considering the next step today. Any advice?

You could go back to the old standard-snail mail- and send it so that someone has to sign for it and you get the notice that it has been received. Could even try faxing it if you have a fax number. I can't remember which e-mail service has a return recipt option, but it would be worth trying via MSN or AOL even.:waitasec:

Sorry I'm so useless right now guys. Jaycee being found in the circumstances she was found in have me a bit....well, I don't know the right words.
Sgt.D has been emailing me a few questions so I know he's still actively working.

Sorry I'm so useless right now guys. Jaycee being found in the circumstances she was found in have me a bit....well, I don't know the right words.
Sgt.D has been emailing me a few questions so I know he's still actively working.

Thanks for checking in MissieMt. It is good that Sgt.D is still working on Deanna's case - that is a positive. You are probably on an emotional roller coaster re Jaycee being found and the circumstances she was found in - totally understandable at this time.

Eleph

Hang in there, hon! Don't worry about us here, we all understand. If you find out anything new from Sgt D, let us know if you get a chance. We are here just to talk too, if you need to. XOXOXO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosini