TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas* Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 1.07 relates to the death of or injury to an unborn child and provides penalties. The law defines an individual as a human being who is alive, including an unborn child at every stage of gestation from fertilization until birth.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx

Well I really,really hope there is another reason for that double murder charge, otherwise this tale may become even more tragic.

Other possible alternatives?...
-Surely another separate murder elsewhere in Dallas would have been linked in the media by now?
-Any chance that it is just a duplicate because the first one was issued under the misspelling of "CORTEZ"

Thanks, eucalyptuz! Yes, those are definitely two distinct charges. The suggestion that she might be pregnant (and there has surely been an autopsy done at this point, so the timing is interesting) could potentially be spot on. I can't really think of another reason for the second capital murder charge.

But the police could be saying that to keep the shooter calm and in one place until they have enough to arrest him. No sense in spooking the shooter if they don't have enough to arrest him yet. And make CC relax, ie., yeah, we believe your story completely. She may relax too much and let something slip. Everything the police say or do is for a reason, especially if they are still looking for more arrests or if they don't believe CC.

Not in a legal document they wouldn't. The court would not take kindly to any mistruths.

I love having an active imagination! Did your parents or a teacher ever tell you don't believe everything you read? A healthy skepticism never really hurt anyone that I am aware of.

You are skeptical of a warrant or legal document?

Wow when did that happen? Does that change things up a bit?

As Nancy Grace would say 'bombshell'!

--today, at 5:16 p.m. Dallas time.

Cortes, Crystal:

Total Bond Amount:
1,000,000.00 as of 2015-09-06 17:16:53.654

Keep in mind that the general rule of thumb on WS is that speculation must be based on "fact", where facts have been provided. In this case, facts are included in the arrest warrant.

"Suspect Cortez drove the unknown male suspect to 1700 Cedar Springs Road. Once there, the unknown male suspect exited the vehicle, shot Complainant Hatcher and took several items of her property. The complainant died at the scene. Detectives were able to corroborate the suspect's statement through witness statements as well as survellance video footage from the offense location."<bbm>
The above is about as straightforward as any statement can be.

We can speculate about other things: Was CC an innocent dupe? Who hired whom? Was this truly a random robbery? If not, what was the motive? Did CC know the victim?

A lot of room exists for speculation. But in regard to the above, it stands as stated. The shooter was a man, driven to the scene by Cortez. Witness statements and surveillance video show these things to be true.

Bessie. Why do they say unknown male suspect?

Well I really,really hope there is another reason for that double murder charge, otherwise this tale may become even more tragic.

Other possible alternatives?...
-Surely another separate murder elsewhere in Dallas would have been linked in the media by now?
-Any chance that it is just a duplicate because the first one was issued under the misspelling of "CORTEZ"

Maybe they hired a hitman to kill the hitman who is the unknown suspect at this point per LE. Just saying.

I will grant that I resist...until proven...the idea that these horrific crimes are random, because it underscores how vulnerable we all are to violence, no matter where we live. But I just cannot imagine, at this point, how this poor woman is a random victim.

How would this plan have been formulated? "Hey, I need money. Let's go to some upscale apartment parking garage and look for somebody to rob. I'll give you $500 to drive me."

Well, sounds good but they probably have cameras in those kinds of garages, so I'll borrow a car and then I don't even have to pull up my hoodie. We will be home free."

"Let's go about 7:30PM. That's a time lots of people are heading out to dinner. There will be traffic around the restaurants nearby, but no one will see us."

"Okay. I have a friend who I think can get a car from a friend of hers."

The whole scenario of paying $500 in the hopes that they can find someone in the garage IN THE TIME PERIOD they are in there...that will have on their person much more than that seems ludicrous.

Then there is the killing that preceded the "robbing." Let's go right to a death penalty felony before we know if this woman has anything more than a cheap watch she wears to work and a couple dollar bills.

It just does not make sense as a random crime .

BBM: I don't consider it random when CC was/is working for another dentist. That would way too coincidental to me to consider this random. Perhaps Kendra was a friend or acquaintance of CC's boss?

I have seen it mentioned that CC was unemployed at the time of the murder. Is that confirmed or speculation based on social media or something else? If she was in fact let go from her job, then perhaps her path crossed with Kendra in seeking a new position or working in a temp position or something. But IMO the connection is dentistry.

I discount any motive regarding prescription pads. CC had access to those in her previous position if she wanted to get a hold of them. I don't think a parking lot robbery would make any sense if that was they were after. Way to easy to steal them directly from offices than to "suppose" that the Dr was carrying them on her person after hours. In fact, I would highly doubt it.

I think this was a crime that may have indeed involved robbery (perhaps she was known to wear jewelry of value) and/ revenge (Perhaps Kendra had influence on CC losing her job).

Although it wouldn't be hard to learn where someone lived and their habits of coming and going, I suspect she was followed leaving work, gym, or whatever. Perhaps CC bragged to her new friends that she knew of someone with money that lived alone and would be easy pickings.

I don't think we are dealing with an Einstein here just judging by what she had posted on her SM account. I think work is the connection and CC knew Kendra or knew of her through that, either directly or remotely.

If somebody could afford to pay CC $500 (or so she says), that somebody could have rented a car.

Not necessarily. Generally you need a credit card to rent a car. You also have to be over the age of 25.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20150905-dallas-woman-23-admits-role-in-uptown-killing.ece

The family said Crystal recently stopped working as a dental assistant. The employer dentist has not made a comment. It will be interesting to hear why Crystal left a pretty good job. Even if Kendra told Crystal's boss of the vile Facebook, I doubt the boss would identify who told her.

I just can't get over a drug connection. Would it be possible for a dental assistant to fake them, by script pad or computer?

Besides pregnancy, can anyone speculate on any other possible reason for the two charges?

Re the 2 charges:

Is it possible that Kendra was pregnant? Would fetal homicide incur a separate charge in Texas?
Ok post below mine says clerical error.
Thank goodness. One death is enough!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

CBS DFW
1 hr · Edited ·
UPDATE: The reason the Dallas County Jail website shows two charges is due to a clerical error, according to Dallas Police. Cortes is being charged with one count of capital murder and is currently being held on $500,000 bond. The clerical error file will not be corrected until Tuesday, after the holiday https://www.facebook.com/CBSDFW?fref=nf

Not necessarily. Generally you need a credit card to rent a car. You also have to be over the age of 25.

And it leaves a paper trail.
Did CC enter the garage prior to the victim and waited? Or was she trailing? If it is the former, why not go in on foot, then run back out to your borrowed or rented car? Put a hood on. Someone wasn't using their evil thinking cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153