TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

According to the arrest warrant the person who paid Crystal the $500 is an "unnamed individual". The person who shot Kendra is an "unknown male suspect". The assumption is that the payor and the shooter are two different people. http://www.scribd.com/doc/278621646/Signed-PCA-1700-Cedar-Springs

The other thing I don't get about Crystal is if she thought this was just a robbery, but she then witnessed Kendra's murder, the shooter got back in the Jeep and they went ~somewhere~.....why didn't Crystal call the police as soon as she could?

She just seems dumber every time I put pieces of info together.

This goes back to my personal theory of she was being threatened or forced into it because she owed someone something. She was frightened and knew displeasing the person(s) involved was more dangerous and risky than being caught by the cops.

That's if she really didn't know KH was going to be murdered.

JMO.

There has been a lot of Medicaid fraud with dentists recently in Texas. Not saying KH was involved with this kind of activity. Look at all angles. Still think it's an ex.

Medicaid fraud could get someone in trouble with the law. I fail to see how it could get someone killed.

Medicaid fraud could get someone in trouble with the law. I fail to see how it could get someone killed.

if your going to turn somebody in they might not like it or if you were involved with a ring doing this kind of stuff and wanted out etc...

I do NOT think this was about Medicaid fraud, but a whistle-blower on someone else scamming the Medicaid system might be in danger. Again, I don't think this is the case with Dr. Hatcher.

I'm still thinking it was personal. Whether or not Crystal was in on it or was a dupe, I'm on the fence.

CC needs to start talking.

JMO.

One good thing is that it looks like CC's family will try to influence her to be honest with LE. They aren't claiming the police have the wrong person - just shock and a desire for CC to come clean. I hope their voices are ones that she listens to.

About his sister Crystal:
"'If she was involved with this like they say, we do want her to come forward to come clean and let them know who else was involved in it, who else set it up, who else was… who actually was the shooter,' Aguilar said."

About Crystal's son:
“'He is a very intelligent kid, so he would tell them exactly if he was in the car, he would tell them exactly what happened,' Aguilar said."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/05/family-says-crystal-cortes-is-small-part-of-larger-conspiracy/

If she is paid $500 to participate in a robbery, victim is killed, she is up to her ears in the crime. Why would anyone expect her to call the police, whether she has the necessary brain cells or not?

Because it would be the right thing to do. Plus it would look better for her with the police, the prosecutor, and a potential jury if she came in willingly, saying she was paid this money for a robbery but then it turned into a murder and she's scared for herself and her family.

I do NOT think this was about Medicaid fraud, but a whistle-blower on someone else scamming the Medicaid system might be in danger. Again, I don't think this is the case with Dr. Hatcher.

I'm still thinking it was personal. Whether or not Crystal was in on it or was a dupe, I'm on the fence.

CC needs to start talking.

JMO.

i don't know anything about Dr Hatcher. I do believe it was a hit.

Reasons i believe

1) Ex boyfriend jealous....likely
2) jealous woman of new boyfriend....possible
3) Dr hatcher caused harm to someone in office she worked at by doing job...not likely
4) Crystal is mentally ill and obsessed with Dr hatcher jealous....maybe
5) Dr hatcher was involved in an illegal activity related to work and got taken out....not sure have no real info on her but possible

I think the biggest problem I have with CC's story of "attempted robbery gone wrong" is that Kendra was targeted and there is nothing to suggest she would have been carrying anywhere near enough money/valuables to justify paying a driver $500.

A second issue is how did a robbery escalate to a single, well-placed bullet? I think most lone females would not put up a fight and would hand over their purse etc. The police have released no information as to the size and shape of the unidentified man so I suppose it is possible that Kendra, being quite fit, took her assailant on if they were on the small side.

What about the gun clip that was found? I know nothing about guns, but is it possible that Kendra and the man struggled and the gun clip fell out of the gun but there remained the bullet that was fired?

Because it would be the right thing to do. Plus it would look better for her with the police, the prosecutor, and a potential jury if she came in willingly, saying she was paid this money for a robbery but then it turned into a murder and she's scared for herself and her family.

Someone concerned with "the right thing to do" wouldn't have taken $500 to drive someone to commit a robbery to begin with.

What about the gun clip that was found? I know nothing about guns, but is it possible that Kendra and man struggled and the gun clip fell out of the gun but there remained the bullet that was fired?

Snipped and BBM

I don't know anything about guns either. Can someone explain what it means that the gun clip was found. Is that normal to be separate from the gun? Or does that explain something happened other than a normal firing of the gun.

Talk to me like I don't know anything, because I don't. :)

Snipped and BBM

I don't know anything about guns either. Can someone explain what it means that the gun clip was found. Is that normal to be separate from the gun? Or does that explain something happened other than a normal firing of the gun.

Talk to me like I don't know anything, because I don't. :)

very abnormal to find a clip. You have to release it. Casing yes. Clip no. Makes no sense. You release the clip after firing all rounds out of it to reload. Since it seems no more than 1-2 rounds was fired I can't think of a reason for the gunman to drop their clip. Maybe if gun jammed you might release clip before clearing it.

very abnormal to find a clip. You have to release it. Casing yes. Clip no. Makes no sense.

Thanks Indy! Can you imagine a scenario where a clip gets released during a frantic struggle? Would the gun still have a bullet inside?

Just wondering...Maybe an experienced shooter would have a spare clip in a pocket?

ETA: Thanks again Indy. You added some answers to my questions as I was typing :)

Sounds like a targeted murder to me.

very abnormal to find a clip. You have to release it. Casing yes. Clip no. Makes no sense. You release the clip after firing all rounds out of it to reload. Since it seems no more than 1-2 rounds was fired I can't think of a reason for the gunman to drop their clip. Maybe if gun jammed you might release clip before clearing it.

Maybe inexperienced gunman?
These people don't sound very bright. Committing a murder in a garage with cameras everywhere isn't all that bright.

Thanks Indy! Can you imagine a scenario where a clip gets released during a frantic struggle? Would the gun still have a bullet inside?

Just wondering...Maybe an experienced shooter would have a spare clip in a pocket?

Thats a possibility to drop it then. It's just a simple release button/lever. If shooter did have one already in chamber, yes if dropped clip then there would be a bullet ready to fire.

Handgun clips usually hold 17 to 7 rounds so I'd think that would be plenty for anyone unless your expecting a shoutout! Yikes. Hard to understand why clip was dropped except maybe struggle or panic.

I think CC knew the gunman. She wouldn't have got in the SVU with an unknown man who was carrying a gun. CC was a witness, and he could have shot her after doing the hit.

Thats a possibility to drop it then. It's just a simple release button/lever. If shooter did have one already in chamber, yes if dropped clip then there would be a bullet ready to fire.

Handgun clips usually hold 17 to 7 rounds so I'd think that would be plenty for anyone unless your expecting a shoutout! Yikes. Hard to understand why clip was dropped except maybe struggle or panic.

Would it indicate a cheap gun, that it malfunctioned or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay