TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that the police already have the male suspect/shooter in custody and have not released any information yet. It would explain the absolute stand down on any additional information being released about him, including the suspect's physical description. She clearly saw the man and knows what he looks like and may every well know him personally. If there is truly a third party that hired CC and the male shooter, as per her "story," and he/she is still at large, then the added step of placing her minor child in protective custody makes perfect sense. I suspect the police have a clearer picture of things at this point and are not offering it up for public consumption just yet. MOO.

I am thinking they raised the bail along with the charges , and put her son in protective custody to try and put pressure on her to give up names.

For the newer members discussing this case I wanted to clarify some of the rules regarding what can and cannot be posted.

ALLOWED
Public PagesMainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed
Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them. Any exception must first be approved by an administrator or a moderator.

in addition, in general, blogs are not considered appropriate source material unless previously approved by administration.

It is your responsibility as members to be familiar with the rules and post accordingly.

It's not clear to me at all that police claim they corroborated the story that there was another person present. Warrant certainly doesn't say anything about any other witnesses seeing that man, etc.

Be Gentle - I'm not caught up. Is it possible that LE do indeed know someone else was in the car, and that the 'someone else' was a minor who is now in the protected custody of the State. I am sure he is being questioned by experts in this field.

Cortez worked as a pediatric dental assistant for years. My guess is that she blamed Kendra somehow for her losing her job. Kendra would volunteer at other clinics in the Dallas area and my guess is this is how they ran into each other.

A hired hit man makes no sense. Why would you risk having a young inexperienced driver like that? He would have just killed Cortez after they left the garage if he was a hit man, to cover his tracks. Why leave the gun clip and the bullet casing at the scene if you were a hit man? In the jeep photos it looks like Cortez is wearing a hoodie that is around her neck. I think Cortez acted alone. Cortez was shorter than Kendra, hence the gunshot in the neck right under the chin.

Be Gentle - I'm not caught up. Is it possible that LE do indeed know someone else was in the car, and that the 'someone else' was a minor who is now in the protected custody of the State. I am sure he is being questioned by experts in this field.

--apparently he was at home at the time.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/category/crime/
[h=1]Police: Woman who drove getaway car involved in dentist’s killing in custody, but unidentified shooter still at large[/h]
Her family said they didn’t learn about Cortes’ involvement in the slaying until Saturday morning, when her son was placed with Child Protective Services.

The night of the slaying, the boy had been with the family at their home on Linfield Road, near Illinois Avenue and Interstate 45.

I'm thinking that a getaway driver would much prefer a borrowed car. Doesn't it make sense not to use your own car?

"Cortes had been spending time recently with a new group of friends, and her brother wondered whether one of them might somehow be connected with the crime."
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/category/crime/

I am thinking this 'new group of friends' might be down and out and that's the way they travel. By walking, bus or by borrowing a car from somebody lucky enough to have a car.

MOO

Out of 20 articles. Only 1 has been updated with more information. So you can't fault people for not reading 20 articles on the same murder that just took place the other day. Plus they retract statements all of the time. Yesterday it was said the guy loaned the truck to Cortes. Now today a article says that he loaned it to a female that later on loaned it to Cortez.

Just like the dc mansion murder. They say wint didn't act alone. But then they said. Maybe he did act alone. And its been 4 months.

Exactly. They made claims that DC killer didn't act alone. Yet no one else has been arrested, and they don't have any actual evidence anybody else was involved.

But the warrant is very vague about which statements are corroborated, in my opinion. But LE can play it whatever way they think is best. Some of us have adopted a more wait-n-see attitude until further along in cases. No one is wrong, just a different way of looking at things.

I'm thinking that a getaway driver would much prefer a borrowed car. Doesn't it make sense not to use your own car?

Why would getaway driver want a borrowed car? She was turned in because people who she borrowed the car from turned her in.

Cortez worked as a pediatric dental assistant for years. My guess is that she blamed Kendra somehow for her losing her job. Kendra would volunteer at other clinics in the Dallas area and my guess is this is how they ran into each other.

A hired hit man makes no sense. Why would you risk having a young inexperienced driver like that? He would have just killed Cortez after they left the garage if he was a hit man, to cover his tracks. Why leave the gun clip and the bullet casing at the scene if you were a hit man? In the jeep photos it looks like Cortez is wearing a hoodie that is around her neck. I think Cortez acted alone. Cortez was shorter than Kendra, hence the gunshot in the neck right under the chin.

I am new to this thread (it's a new thread of course!) and so have no idea of whether there was or was not a hit man in the car with CC. But, one thing I do know is that just because someone asks another person (and even pays them) to kill someone, that does not automatically mean that person is a professional or skilled hit man. It could just be someone who doesn't have a lick of morals and happens to have access to a weapon.

Her FB was disgusting I couldn't even finish reading it. From her fb she didn't look remorseful over Kendra's death. I know I read Kendra brother said she was looking at buying a house in San Fran.

The last post I see on CC's facebook is Aug 17.
Maybe I'm looking at a different page than you are?
Her facebook is so full of anger and really disgusting stuff that I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her job just from someone reading it. Posting things like that and leaving it public... :thinking: :doh:

The last post that can be seen by the public is August 17, 2015 when she changed her profile picture. If she posted since then, it's private.

https://www.facebook.com/crystal.g.cortes

Never mind! I thought this was about the victim.
If the killer changed her Facebook settings she was trying to hide something. (which will turn out to be an epic fail)
Moo

An unknown suspect thought to be the gunman was seen pulling in to the building by following another resident through the gate.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-luxury-apartment-building.html#ixzz3kv2N5PqE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook. So how did they know the exact time she would be pulling into garage?? WHO was watching her?? WHO tipped CC off?? WHO knew her schedule??

So CC was hired to borrow and drive a car into the parking garage and drive up to the now deceased and a guy in another car behind her got out, did the shooting, jumped back in his own car, and they both left? (I assume at high rates of speed.) Sounds like making a hit extremely complicated. Like another case I am following on WS.

"Cortes, who has a 6-year-old son, lives with her mother and other relatives in east Oak Cliff. Public documents show no criminal record for her." http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/category/crime/

So wouldn't the son be home with his grandmother? Did CPS come and remove him from his relatives home?

Sometimes they take the child first and then allow the family to show they can care for him. Maybe Grandma has her own issues to deal with, health wise, time wise, and she needs to show she can take care of a 6 yr old?

Or she paid for everything since he's a med student?

She seemed to move around a lot. Didn't she recently arrive in Dallas from Illinois? And wasn't she planning to move to San Francisco even though she had an established dental practice in DFW?
He's not a med student he's a dermatologist.

Her facebook is so full of anger and really disgusting stuff that I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her job just from someone reading it. Posting things like that and leaving it public... :thinking: :doh:

Especially when you work for a professional or professionals in a small practice. She could have been telling patients she was friendly with to go on her FB to see pics of her family, not realizing that to many people a lot of that content would be offensive. IMHO. Maybe patients complained to her employer??

So CC was hired to borrow and drive a car into the parking garage and drive up to the now deceased and a guy in another car behind her got out, did the shooting, jumped back in his own car, and they both left? (I assume at high rates of speed.) Sounds like making a hit extremely complicated. Like another case I am following on WS.

No, they are saying that a gunman (if there was one) and CC were in the same car.

Oops I meant from her mugshot she didn't look remorseful not her FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx