TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point it seems LE does not believe CC's story and if LE spoke with BD, they do believe her story.

Sounds like DPD is a mess. I can't believe still no additional arrests. Sounds like they don't have enough homicide detectives and are not doing things that should be done in a timely manner.

"Talking to everyone associated with the suspect is Detective 101," Schulte said. "The fact that it's taken three weeks for that to happen just tells me that they are taxed, and they don't have enough resources right now."

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...large-3-weeks-after-dentists-murder/72728268/

could you please provide a link for that?

My understanding is that RP is a dermatologist on the teaching faculty at the University medical school, and that Kendra worked for a chain dental clinic. Hard to imagine they would actually work in the same building.

At around the 1:40 mark...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mystery-surrounds-slaying-dallas-dentist-33580478

Sounds like DPD is a mess. I can't believe still no additional arrests. Sounds like they don't have enough homicide detectives and are not doing things that should be done in a timely manner.

"Talking to everyone associated with the suspect is Detective 101," Schulte said. "The fact that it's taken three weeks for that to happen just tells me that they are taxed, and they don't have enough resources right now."

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...large-3-weeks-after-dentists-murder/72728268/

bbm SURPRISE , SARCASAM , SNICKER!

I agree with the all the frustrated souls on this link who simply cannot believe that this case has not resulted in more arrests. And while I can see how people have come to the conclusion that there may be some deficiency with the Dallas Police Department in terms of their forensics division, I think it's also kind of disrespectful to them to conclude that they are not doing their jobs or that they are somehow not up to the task. The bottom line is that we're used to seeing televised police procedurals where the cases are solved within the hour. Real life simply doesn't function this way. WE (non-law enforcement) don't get the full picture. We don't get access to all the evidence, aren't made aware of all the clues. But here's definitely something to consider: if YOU were in BD's shoes - wouldn't you want LE to take all the time they needed in order to build the case and prosecute the correct people? Remember the case where the two kids from Chicago killed the girl's mom while in Bali and stuffed her body in a suitcase? Well, those kids, Heather Mack and Tommy Schaefer, were convicted and sentenced, and only in the past several weeks has an arrest been made of an accomplice related to Schaefer. Seems this relative texted Tommy how to finish killing the mother when drugging her did not work. I assumed, as most people, that this case had long been wrapped up. The bottom line is the police were still working while we'd all moved on. So, I think we might want to give DPD all the latitude they need, no matter how frustrating the lack of news may be.

Excellent post! I was planning to say something similar and you did it better. :) I can't even count the number of cases I've followed here where LE takes its time to get it right, and gets criticized on the thread for the way it's doing its job. We aren't LE and we don't have a clue. And yes, if I had been accused of a crime as BD has been, I'd certainly want a careful investigation, not a rush to judgement because of public and internet sentiment. While we're waiting, there are other cases we can look at. Those of us who follow the case in my signature have waited over two years and counting for an arrest. We know LE hasn't forgotten and we keep a vigil on Stephanie's thread while we focus on other cases.
JMO, MOO and all that.

I agree with the all the frustrated souls on this link who simply cannot believe that this case has not resulted in more arrests. And while I can see how people have come to the conclusion that there may be some deficiency with the Dallas Police Department in terms of their forensics division, I think it's also kind of disrespectful to them to conclude that they are not doing their jobs or that they are somehow not up to the task. The bottom line is that we're used to seeing televised police procedurals where the cases are solved within the hour. Real life simply doesn't function this way. WE (non-law enforcement) don't get the full picture. We don't get access to all the evidence, aren't made aware of all the clues. But here's definitely something to consider: if YOU were in BD's shoes - wouldn't you want LE to take all the time they needed in order to build the case and prosecute the correct people? Remember the case where the two kids from Chicago killed the girl's mom while in Bali and stuffed her body in a suitcase? Well, those kids, Heather Mack and Tommy Schaefer, were convicted and sentenced, and only in the past several weeks has an arrest been made of an accomplice related to Schaefer. Seems this relative texted Tommy how to finish killing the mother when drugging her did not work. I assumed, as most people, that this case had long been wrapped up. The bottom line is the police were still working while we'd all moved on. So, I think we might want to give DPD all the latitude they need, no matter how frustrating the lack of news may be.

BBM

Dallas has an absentee District Attorney (link), no digital forensics lab (link), and (apparently) too few homicide detectives (link; see snipped quote from Aug 2015 below).

I truly hope those things don't hinder Kendra's case. :(

The police department and DA's office can only do what they have the resources to do. I don't think it's a matter of them not doing their jobs. There are some real obstacles in their way.

Excellent post! I was planning to say something similar and you did it better. :) I can't even count the number of cases I've followed here where LE takes its time to get it right, and gets criticized on the thread for the way it's doing its job. We aren't LE and we don't have a clue. And yes, if I had been accused of a crime as BD has been, I'd certainly want a careful investigation, not a rush to judgement because of public and internet sentiment. While we're waiting, there are other cases we can look at. Those of us who follow the case in my signature have waited over two years and counting for an arrest. We know LE hasn't forgotten and we keep a vigil on Stephanie's thread while we focus on other cases.
JMO, MOO and all that.

BBM

Where is your case ?

CBS news did an update this morning, stated that LE cound not comment further due to this being an ongoing investigation but they did say that the shooter was at large, so they more than they are sharing

JMO, MOO and all that.

BBM

I posted a link where LE consultant is saying DPD isn't doing things in a timely manner. Clearly if they take 3 weeks to interview the family of the only person they arrested so far, things aren't being done in a timely manner. The shooter is supposedly still on the run. And so presumably is the person who might have ordered the hit. If things aren't done in a timely manner, evidence can disappear. Sounds like DPD isn't in a good state. So I very much question if justice will be served in this case, which is a shame.

Maybe it would ease the public's minds if LE made some type of statement about the case.

CBS news did an update this morning, stated that LE cound not comment further due to this being an ongoing investigation but they did say that the shooter was at large, so they more than they are sharing
Could you post a link, please ?

OT--Thanks for asking. :) It should show up in my signature below my posts. But in case you have set your settings so you can't see signatures, here it is. It's a tough case. Stephanie has never been found and her suspected murderer has not been arrested. It's harder to build a case without a body.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250083-OR-Stephanie-Warner-43-Ruch-4-July-2013-3

Is she your relative ? That has to be so hard getting no closure and just not knowing....

It was on TV local news cannel 11, Dallas PD made post on FB also, same statement, thanking public for patience and stating they will update as soon as they can

I have a question and it may be a dumb question! How does it affect an investigation when a suspect (such as BD for example) lawyer's up? I am speculating that BD has a lawyer

I posted a link where LE consultant is saying DPD isn't doing things in a timely manner. Clearly if they take 3 weeks to interview the family of the only person they arrested so far, things aren't being done in a timely manner. The shooter is supposedly still on the run. And so presumably is the person who might have ordered the hit. If things aren't done in a timely manner, evidence can disappear. Sounds like DPD isn't in a good state. So I very much question if justice will be served in this case, which is a shame.

I understand what you're saying and you could be right. I hope you aren't. But my point is that we really are not inside this investigation and neither is anyone outside DPD (consultants or others). I hope that the challenges facing DPD are not affecting this or any other investigation. Time will tell in Kendra's case.

My personal approach is to try to be positive and give LE the benefit of the doubt in the cases I follow. In my experience, not all cases are solvable to the point of arrests, so it may look like LE is not doing its job...or that we could have done it better. :) But, we don't know. Human nature being what it is, it's easy to criticize and hard to wait patiently. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59