TX - Dr. Mark Hausknecht, 65, Physician to GHW Bush killed in bicycle drive-by shooting, Houston

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This comparison was done by the person whose name is in the bottom right corner. She is on another forum I am a part of. It is interesting to see side by side.
View attachment 141054
There might be some resemblance but I don't think anyone figured out that was him looking at the sketch, especially because the age was so much off. The persons who recognized him and turned him in, reportedly did so from the last video released to the public, looking at how he rode his bike with his back pack.

Thas's a good point, Jim G.

I think kinda did. His method of explaining what he did was to spill the entire plan to his friend, who didn't bother to tell anyone, including police, who could have warned or protected the people including the now deceased Doctor.
Now that the friend talking, JP has made himself famous. Everybody knows how he planned and justified what he did.

Maybe an act of control? Saying it to someone versus anyone seeing it written down in his handwriting. That way it would remain ‘not crystal-clear’ if he didn’t admit it himself by way of his own handwriting...

It’s a mind-trick kinda thing. Leaving people to think ‘was that really what it was about-a 20yr grudge’, or could it have been he was so bullied as a child that his mind did a number on him, triggering him to murder someone unfavorable in his past...

ETA: while most know the motive and reason, nothing is as sealed as done, when done so in writing. Authoring yourself as a Murderer...

Last edited:
If he wanted to go after whoever bullied him in high school, he would have gone after whoever bullied him in high school.
I don't see any reason to think that this was anything other than him blaming the doctor because his mother died while under doctors care. From what has been reported, mother's death was a big event in his life.

The final days of the suspect in a Houston doctor’s death

Interestingly, someone reported seeing a man riding a bike near his home on Aug. 2. As for where he might have been since the July 31 search of his home, one possible reasons given:

'May have entered homes that were on the market. Pappas, as a real estate broker, had a key that gave him access to homes listed for sale. “We can tell you that he used that key four times,” Acevedo said.'

The final days of the suspect in a Houston doctor’s death

Interestingly, someone reported seeing a man riding a bike near his home on Aug. 2. As for where he might have been since the July 31 search of his home, one possible reasons given:

'May have entered homes that were on the market. Pappas, as a real estate broker, had a key that gave him access to homes listed for sale. “We can tell you that he used that key four times,” Acevedo said.'

Creepy!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin